• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why shade Demi, though?
7732f81d.png

I tolerate Demi. But she aint that special. Her biggest hit ( Skycrapper) is from Queen Kerli and she hasnt added anything special here. Even Rihanna leaves something to be talked about or that soulless Britney.
tumblr_m918zjvBNz1qh0jwr.gif

botty

Banned
I tolerate Demi. But she aint that special. Her biggest hit ( Skycrapper) is from Queen Kerli and she hasnt added anything special here. Even Rihanna leaves something to be talked about or that soulless Britney.

Yeah, I guess. But Demi is so cute, and people need to give her a chance~

That reminds me... What do you think of Janet Jackson?
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

royalan

Ugh, Simon and his damn drama.

If there's anything more pathetic than the try-hards who tried to incite Britney vs. Christina in 2000, it's the try-hards who try to incite Britney vs. Christina drama in 2012. Clearly neither of the girls give a fuck.

Then again, nobody should be paying attention to Simon after ALL the shit he talked about the first season of X-Factor, only for it to go on to be the very definition of FAILURE.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

thats where you are wrong, Her biggest hit is Give Your Heart A Break #1 in Billboard Pop Chart atm and starting next week she will give everyone something to talk about all season long

ibwQ2zqWWBYDnS.gif

Artemisia

Banned
lord Anything Could Happen is making me teary eyed again

ibnYElscvfnt9y.gif

I'm so excited for #2012HalcyonWorldDomination. MTV should have brought her on to perform at the VMAs. I mean even Demi is performing. >_>

image.php
KELLEGEND NEWS
image.php

"Kelly Clarkson Talks Next Album, 'Good Changes' at RCA, Downside to 'Duets'"

On the eve of the 10th anniversary of her historic win of the first season of "American Idol," Kelly Clarkson was celebrating the milestone the best way she knew how - by making more music.

Though her fifth studio album "Stronger" is less than a year old, Clarkson was already hard at work on her sixth album over the Labor Day weekend, cutting a pair of tracks with producer Greg Kurstin - the man behind her biggest hit to date, "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)."

"We're always working," Clarkson said Tuesday night at a New York event for Pepsi and the NFL's new Pepsi Anthems program, for which Clarkson recorded an original song for her home team the Dallas Cowboys, "Get Up." "I go overseas for awhile and when I come back it's the holidays. I wanna make sure I have actual time off, so I like to get ahead of the game."

Though new material is already in the can, it may be a minute before it sees release. Clarkson is still very much riding the waves of "Stronger," which was certified gold this year and leaped to No. 19 on last week's Billboard 200 on the strength of a $6.99 sale tag at Target stores.

'"Stronger' [the single] was so successful and we're kind of having a hard time getting it off the radio," Clarkson said with a laugh. "And 'Dark Side' [the third single], that's starting to climb so we might be pulling back a bit and waiting. It's a great thing to have such a massive hit, but at the same time kind of a double-edged sword.

The album has also doubled as a calling card for producer Greg Kurstin, who co-wrote "What Doesn't Kill You" and produced "Dark Side." As a result of his success with Clarkson, Kurstin recently teamed up with Pink on six tracks for her album "The Truth About Love," out Sept. 18, including first single "Blow Me (One Last Kiss).

"He's a very focused guy - very much a musician," Clarkson enthused. "He has this whole jazz background, brings kind of a cool element to pop music. The cool thing about it is he gets in the studio and he doesn't have a formula. It's like everything could change.

He wasn't that prominent when we worked together. He'd done Lily Allen, but nobody was really wanting me to work with him. Finally my A&R guy Jeff Aldrich was like 'let's get together' and we made this massive hit. So I'm really happy for him."

"Stronger" was also Clarkson's first release for RCA and one of the first releases under the label's current, consolidated structure under co-presidents Peter Edge and Tom Corson. Having openly called her first four albums and label relations "a struggle" in previous interviews, Clarkson called the RCA developments "good changes" - with the exception of the departure of her longtime A&R rep Aldrich, whom she called "my favorite guy I've ever worked with."

"Everyone's doing a great job - it's a great working relationship right now," Clarkson says of the current RCA team. "It's one of mutual respect, which I have not had in the past. [Peter]'s a song guy. It's not just about sales for him, it's about finding a great song and the fact that he has that A&R background is a good fit."

Clarkson is currently in the midst of playing A&R rep herself, having mentored singers Jason Farol and Jordan Meredith on ABC's "Duets" this summer. Though the show was a welcome chance for Clarkson to pay forward the lessons acquired from her own days as a reality TV competition winner, it came with a few setbacks.

I'm kinda 50-50 on the experience," Clarkson said. "I love finding new talent. I didn't know I would like that as much as I did. Doing what I'm doing it was a really cool thing I love investing in people. I'm still working with Jordan and Jason right now trying to get them a record deal. But there's also the negative of that. It took a lot of time out of my schedule. I couldn't go to Asia or South Africa or the rest of South America. It just took up so much of my time and I didn't like that, 'cause I love touring that's my favorite part of my job. So that was a bummer."

Clarkson will wrap the U.S. leg of her "Stronger" tour this month before wrapping up in Australia and Europe. Though Australia's always been a good market for Clarkson, the singer wouldn't mind a fanbase as rabid as those of one of her favorite pop singer's.

"They love some Pink down there. It was like what - 50 shows sold out?" Clarkson said, referencing Pink's record-breaking Funhouse tour from 2009. "Pink has invested a lot more outside of the U.S. because outside of the U.S. they responded to her more - and obviously they just have better taste…I loved 'Try This' [from 2003.] She does this one song…I can't remember the name, but it's number 11 ['Walk Away']. She's talking about whiskey, and it just sounds so Janis Joplin. I love it."

Not her stanning for Australia and dragging America's taste...
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

Also, she sang A Moment Like This for the first time in years in commemoration of the anniversary
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

Artemisia

Banned
I made a gif to capture the BEAUTY of the Anything Could Happen video.

ellie6lstg.gif

I bet she wrote the song about how Lights smashed in the US.

Mau ®

I really do love the Anything Could Happen video. The more I watch it then more interesting details and hidden meanings I find.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I cant believe the VMA's are tomorrow. It feels like its so far away in my mind.

I can't believe that Rih is opening the show. And is the guest of honor. I also can't believe that Chris/Rih and Drake will all be there.

I wonder if they'll cut to Bruises if Take Care wins an award.
OGq50.gif

I can't believe that Rih is opening the show. And is the guest of honor. I also can't believe that Chris/Rih and Drake will all be there.

I wonder if they'll cut to Bruises if Take Care wins an award.
OGq50.gif

iu99lKEEVLWD8.gif

"Thumbs up Mariah!!! Thumbs up 2 FAKE ass fans you undercover GOATS need to realize that Mariah is HUMAN & its obvious shes kind of sick here. Do u bitches get colds, sore throats, or stuffy noses? So does SHE! ANY REAL FAN would know that she can STILL BLOW if u watched her recent concerts earlier dis yr. And whoever said Xtina was the queen now can KILL yaself if MC EVER was 2 "decline" HER ASS surely wouldnt be in her place. DONT EVER 4get MARIAH inspired ALL of ur favs!!!"

I sometimes forget not all Lambs are as classy as the ones on GAF.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
"Thumbs up Mariah!!! Thumbs up 2 FAKE ass fans you undercover GOATS need to realize that Mariah is HUMAN & its obvious shes kind of sick here. Do u bitches get colds, sore throats, or stuffy noses? So does SHE! ANY REAL FAN would know that she can STILL BLOW if u watched her recent concerts earlier dis yr. And whoever said Xtina was the queen now can KILL yaself if MC EVER was 2 "decline" HER ASS surely wouldnt be in her place. DONT EVER 4get MARIAH inspired ALL of ur favs!!!"

I sometimes forget not all Lambs are as classy as the ones on GAF.

Yes, that Lamb better drag the Xtine and Rihanna stans

ifTOW3Fmzvwi8.gif

B-Dex

Local gay bar is having Brit VS Xtina night. With Drag Queens reppin' each artist and the djs spinning brit and xtina remixes all night. (and gogo boys)

72607359--2933773258782662194.jpg

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Hoisted up on 5” stiletto T-straps, the native New Yorker strode confidently down stage careful to hit all her marks. Now, the reason why timing is of utmost importance is not just because the show is live and televised to bajillions but because there are not one but TWO, HUGE surprises in this performance that are guaranteed to break the internet into smithereens.

http://style.mtv.com/2012/09/05/alicia-keys-vma-rehearsal-2012/

Alicia Keys and Nicki are going to slay tomorrow

#Hyped #GirlOnFire #KatnissHew?

I still love GaGa's performance. It was so flawless. Now her performance last year as Joe... ugh... I hope he never comes back. That was a disastuh.

So, there's currently new tracks that Kelly has put her magnificent voice on? *cries* I bet the tracks are pure bliss. Due to her recording music right now, I wonder if we are going to get a late 2013 new album release? It sure would be nice to not have to wait until 2014. Although, there's currently rumors of re-release of the Stronger album this year, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen or not. All I know is that I'm all open for new Kelly music.

Her performance of AMLT was nice, but I've been done with that song for years now. It'll always be better than Leona's version, though. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom