• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
universal acclaim for Anything Could Happen in the plug.dj room

ellie6lstg.gif

Anything could happen is a seriously annoying song. Good Lord.

What's with all those repeating parts, in both the music and the lyrics?

Anything could happen
Anything could happen
Anything could happen
Anything could happen

I know it's gonna be
I know it's gonna be
I know it's gonna be
I know it's gonna be
--> Her voice is like a knife stabbing my ears when she's "singing" this part.

Doesn't bode well if that is the lead single for her new album. However, the snippet posted a week or so back here from another song sounded way better.

Kyon

Banned

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Dear Bjork stans, shut up
. 1. ARTPOP APP will be available to work on computers (for example your laptops,) in addition to iPads, tablets, smartphone, Android, (compatible with as many formats that this technology can function on at this time) if you have a laptop this will fully suffice you to utilize it, so do not fret! I already anticipated you would say that Nobody will be missing out on anything special! Nothing is different except I’ve giving you more stuff to play with and have fun.

2. It will not be more expensive than album. I find digital music to be overpriced (as it is not the same value as a physical copy) and this is a way to give you more.

3 . Bjork (who had always been on the cutting edge) was the first artist to release her music in this way, to my knowledge. There are also other international underground musicians and business that use the APP as well to sell various products. The use of an APP as a way to sell albums, in my opinion is the future of music. I am in no way taking credit for the invention of the APP, or claiming to be the first artist to distribute music this way. An APP is “CANVAS” a medium. Like an MP3 is a medium for digital music, except I can attach a variety of sub-mediums within the APP to create a visual/interactive world for you. This world is built organically by the HAUS OF GAGA, and will be a completely unique and different experience from other music-sale based APPs because its inspired by us and the new sound of my music. However I am hoping that *god willing* the success of ARTPOPs music will propel the use of artist driven APPs further into the music industry stratosphere. Im excited to be apart of it. Ultimately the APP is unimportant if the music isn’t great though right?

4. My vision for ARTPOP in general is also NOT EXCLUSIVE to the APP. That is just one element. THE ARTPOP PROJECT extends beyond the APP and there will be more surprises in the future NOT related to the APP, perhaps I did not make that clear. SORRY!! 5. I know how protective and loving you all are, especially after the last year. I respect and love you for looking out for me. I don’t think I’ve ever made a personal request from you before but here goes… Try to release the negativity of last year and open your hearts and minds to a more free-thinking, and happy year. ARTPOP is about POSSIBILITIES. Try not to stress or put energy into a fear that I will be attacked again. I will always be a warrior for you, and expect to be in a line of fire for the next 30 years. (I always expected/wanted to be this kind of polarizing figure) but, I want you to ENJOY THIS EXPERIENCE, don’t allow fear of the media to propel you into a frenzy and steal your joy of whats to come. Please trust me. I’ve grown a lot this year. Lets grow together. I won’t let you down. love you cookie monsters,

Bladenic

Not Godkira being involved in a sex tape scandal.

tumblr_lm585rjqaO1qfpxdz.gif

And ARTPOP is already giving me pretentious teas, and it's not because of the App thing. Sigh, hopefully it turns out okay...

Kyon

Banned
You know what it is? The crazy ass monsters dont help her image at all. The majority of them claiming its the first of its kind etc are the absolute worst. People look at her stans and think she is like that

For the actual sane monsters I feel bad that they/we are the minority :(

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Some of you stay doing the most

"OMG, she is doing something different, how pretentious of her"
"OMG, she is realising and app, Bjork did it first that that means no one else can. Just tell me about the music and stop giving your fans more options to experience your output"
"OMG, the album is name ARTPOP, I just want an album about sex and drinks"
*talks about music
"OMG, she is writing a song about weed, I havent heard it but let me just scream PRETENTIOUS "
"OMG, why do monster praise Gaga all the time, I need more people to talk about my basic fave's struggles "

some of you need to full time stan for basics that way you will just get album releases full of sex and clubbing, low bar performances, and NOTHING more

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What were we saying about Little Cutters?

Don't pretend like this is other people saying stupid stuff immediately after you called Gaga the Steve Jobs of music just because she copied the ideas of superiors.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
But i never said anything mean like that ;__;

it was more directed to those who judge her every move

but let me just follow my fave's advice and let the pressed stay pressed

! 5. I know how protective and loving you all are, especially after the last year. I respect and love you for looking out for me. I don’t think I’ve ever made a personal request from you before but here goes… Try to release the negativity of last year and open your hearts and minds to a more free-thinking, and happy year. ARTPOP is about POSSIBILITIES. Try not to stress or put energy into a fear that I will be attacked again. I will always be a warrior for you, and expect to be in a line of fire for the next 30 years. (I always expected/wanted to be this kind of polarizing figure) but, I want you to ENJOY THIS EXPERIENCE, don’t allow fear of the media to propel you into a frenzy and steal your joy of whats to come. Please trust me. I’ve grown a lot this year. Lets grow together. I won’t let you down. love you cookie monsters,

849cfcb6.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I want to see a Shakira/Piqué sex tape but then again what if Piqué's penis isn't as huge as I imagine it to be.

iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

bort

I'm bored so I'll just post this here right now

http://bullettmedia.com/article/pharrell-williams/#5

“I’m Morpheus, and she’s Neo,” he says of the former Hannah Montana star. “I can’t tell her what to do, I can only let her find it within herself.” That wasn’t too hard, since Cyrus is “an old soul” who went into the studio knowing exactly what she wanted. He keeps gushing: “Her voice is unreal. She’s got that amazing low tone. It sings like it’s from ’79. I don’t usually compliment my own stuff, but it’s unlike anything she’s ever done before. And I have a lot of respect for her—don’t care what anyone says. ‘Party in the U.S.A.’ was a big record. She challenged the pop world with that song.”

Trigger

I'm not one but if its big its obviously good

365kH.gif

I'm bored so I'll just post this here right now

http://bullettmedia.com/article/pharrell-williams/#5

Mess. Pharell's production has lost quality over the years. His stuff was easily some of the worst on The Sweet Escape. Miley needs to be careful.

Also:

The idea came to him after listening to the concerns of his female friends—most of his friends are female—and he cared, he really cared, that there wasn’t yet a good, sweet drink out there for women of discerning taste. “This is not a club drink,” he says. “It’s for around the house with your girls. It’s after dinner. It’s definitely poolside.” He stares deep into my eyes. Do I taste the strawberry? Does it taste good? It’s called Qream. The Q, he says, is “because it’s made for queens.”

This made me giggle. The next time I approach a woman I'm going to ask her if she wants to taste my Qream. It's made for Queens!™

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
MuuMuse's review of Madonna's Boston tour stop has me once again aching to see her live.
The MDNA Tour is incredible, enjoyable (so, so SO much fun!) and thoroughly crucial, if only to serve as a reminder that this is what an actual entertainer looks, sounds and behaves like: It’s in the precision in the tightly choreographed “Gang Bang” fight scene, the guitar breaks, the drama of “Like A Virgin,” the emotionally-charged rants on causes she’s fought about and believed in for over 30 years, and the actual fearlessness displayed throughout. I’m sorry, but she’s 54 fucking years old and walking across a tight-wire, getting tackled to the ground and swan diving. Please. And your faves?

Despite the headlines and bitter queens that have nitpicked and criticized ever since her career began (She’s done! She’s a tramp! She’s old!), Madonna remains as amazing as ever. Truly. It’s evident in the way that, at any given point during the show, a quick glance around the arena leads to an entire body of people in a trance, breathless–that is, if you can manage to take your eyes off of her in the first place.

Sure, she may be refusing to age gracefully. (In fact, she’s quite literally kicking and screaming at the clock.) But face it, she’s Madonna, and she’s still doing it better than anyone half her age: She’s a ball buster, a rule breaker, a sinner, a true artist, icon and still the greatest living entertainer on Earth.
Preach, Muu, preeeaach. It's just too bad that witnessing perfection costs $400. *sob*

New MEDINA banger in English - "Happening" ('Kl. 10' on the danish album) http://youtu.be/vG7WoXrU4K4

Thanks for this. While I'm not exactly a Medina stan, I've liked the bulk of her releases so far; she's certainly not the most creative act around, but the music is consistent, and that's more than I can say for many more popular gerls.

While we're on the topic of Lana Del Rey, feminist icon, let's talk about Patrick Wolf's amazing cover of Born To Die.

http://soundcloud.com/patrick-wolf/born-to-die-lana-del-rey-cover

Wish Patrick got more love in popgaf. I've tried some in the DJ room occasionally and it tanks every time... negativeman.gif

Trigger

I'm ready for Rih and Zayn to slay the lessors and watch for the other messes. I'm not a Kevin Hart fan tbh.

#TemporaryNavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom