• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Of course WFL will win. It's a popularity contest.

Weren't you singing MIA's praises in the DJ room the other day?

You talk as if WFL sucks or something. Its still arguably the best video along with Bad Girls.

And I love MIA. I have not shaded her, have you noticed?

Mau ®

It's not Gaga and Rih. It's Gaga. Rih doesn't shade. She just #clapsback to those that shade her.

Has Rihanna ever shaded any artist besides Ciara and Bruises?

So basically the girl who is always preaching she's "not shady or cunty" also happens to be the biggest hypocrite.

botty

Banned
That's your best? 'I know you are but what am I'? You're slipping, sis.
b80efe23.gif

There are two stand out scenes in the Bad Girls video: MIA riding atop the car, and when those two stuntmen are gliding on the side of the car. That's it. Nothing else about the video is even remotely innovative. You say this is a video about women's rights, and how they aren't allowed to drive, yet the only thing I saw in the video was reckless driving from women.

I get that the women driving cars is supposed to be symbolic, but was that the best she could do?

The camera work isn't compelling either. I can't say I saw anything new there.

Now We Found Love on the other hand was full of innovation.
b80efe23.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Apparently in botty's world, music videos are awash with scenes filmed in Arabic countries, featuring men in headscarves and women in hijabs performing stunts in cars, but music videos rarely if ever tackle the problems of relationships, drug abuse and dancing.
b80efe23.gif

botty

Banned
Apparently in botty's world, music videos are awash with scenes filmed in Arabic countries, featuring men in headscarves and women in hijabs performing stunts in cars, but music videos rarely if ever tackle the problems of relationships, drug abuse and dancing.
b80efe23.gif

From an artistic point of view, We Found Love is far more innovative. Am I supposed to be blown away by Arabic cross dressing? How... literal.
b80efe23.gif

Bladenic

Don't have time, want, or patience to watch the vma's. Don't care who wins or w/e, but I do hope I don't miss any epic and iconic moments like Kanye/Taylor.

iblOc6rhkyIXlg.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm too sensitive to my faves getting dragged. Sorry everybody. I might take time out until there is more music to talk about and I'm not just being a Heejun all the time.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
@ladygaga

What a lovely night, we found love 4 the win! Was all sorts of awesome watching this at home like i did when i was a kid. SWIFTY IS SO CUTE

Gaga please

ibvGBRoESPoBah.gif

she better start tweeting about Obama soon

botty

Banned
TrishelleVerified
‏@TrishelleC
Omg #VMAs inside scoop. Nicki Minaj just told Rhianna to "sit the f**k down" when she tried to hug her!!! Love it!!!

Are they playing, or are they for real?

5zvrU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom