• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

More like One Direction's last hurrah.

They outlasted The FLopted, but they're on minute 12 themselves.

tvCnS.gif

lush

I've now determined that I might be capable of liking Taylor Swift/her new brand and I will, in fact, be there to at least give her album a listen.

via watching her newest video twice

Artemisia

Banned
Stanning for Cockiness now tbh

NO ONE CAN DO YOU THE WAY THAT I DOOOOO

BOY I WANNTTTT

YOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

zipm4j62.gif

Styles

NEW YORK — Taylor Swift will pay tribute to a young cancer victim with a special song on Friday's "Stand Up to Cancer" telethon.

"Ronan" is dedicated to a 4-year-old boy who died last year of neuroblastoma. Swift wrote the song after reading the blog of Ronan's mother, Maya Thompson, who is credited as a co-writer.

According to a person familiar with the show, but who asked not to be identified because they were not authorized to speak, the song has never been performed in public. After the telethon, it will be available on iTunes; all proceeds will go to cancer-related charities.

"Stand Up to Cancer" will air on all the major networks and cable channels. Besides Swift, it will feature celebrities including Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin

She will be dethroning her own song on itunes, I can't. I think this will be a tear jerker.

Saint Swift.
45ab1e3e.gif

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
#1 United States
#1 Canada
#2 Singapore
#4 Australia
#4 Guatemala
#4 Philippines
#5 Ecuador
#6 New Zealand
#6 Malaysia
#7 Venezuela
#9 United Kingdom
#9 Ireland
#10 Norway
#11 Chile
#11 Costa Rica
#12 Peru
#13 Panama
#13 Hong Kong
#13 Thailand
#15 Mexico
#17 Finland
#18 El Salvador
#18 Spain
#19 Nicaragua
#22 Colombia
#23 Denmark
#24 Paraguay
#25 Japan
#26 Brazil
#32 Netherlands
#41 Taiwan
#45 Sweden
#55 Luxembourg
#61 Belgium
#71 Slovenia
#77 Romania
#78 Switzerland
#85 Honduras
#91 Dominican Republic
#96 Italy
#97 Austria
#118 Lithuania
#130 Argentina
#134 France
#137 Portugal
#156 Czech Republic
#171 Cyprus
#182 Latvia
#210 Slovakia
#232 Malta
#264 Greece
#288 Bolivia
#294 Bulgaria

Only a local bitch.
45ab1e3e.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
No surprises to see that the best video of the year

didn't win

losing out instead to the second best video

on the nominations list.

b80efe23.gif

Bladenic

She will be dethroning her own song on itunes, I can't. I think this will be a tear jerker.

Saint Swift.
45ab1e3e.gif

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
#1 United States
#1 Canada
#2 Singapore
#4 Australia
#4 Guatemala
#4 Philippines
#5 Ecuador
#6 New Zealand
#6 Malaysia
#7 Venezuela
#9 United Kingdom
#9 Ireland
#10 Norway
#11 Chile
#11 Costa Rica
#12 Peru
#13 Panama
#13 Hong Kong
#13 Thailand
#15 Mexico
#17 Finland
#18 El Salvador
#18 Spain
#19 Nicaragua
#22 Colombia
#23 Denmark
#24 Paraguay
#25 Japan
#26 Brazil
#32 Netherlands
#41 Taiwan
#45 Sweden
#55 Luxembourg
#61 Belgium
#71 Slovenia
#77 Romania
#78 Switzerland
#85 Honduras
#91 Dominican Republic
#96 Italy
#97 Austria
#118 Lithuania
#130 Argentina
#134 France
#137 Portugal
#156 Czech Republic
#171 Cyprus
#182 Latvia
#210 Slovakia
#232 Malta
#264 Greece
#288 Bolivia
#294 Bulgaria

Only a local bitch.
45ab1e3e.gif

Comin' for Inna's wig. I c

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This is what happens when Gaga or another big Pop Star doesn't attend your award show, your ratings plummet to the lowest they being in recent years

but I guess the "guest of honor" had some pull, right?

2012-MTV-VMA-Final.001.png

NOPE! look at that neux1currrrr, poor dat

I'm sure MTV is already preparing next year's MoonMen with Gaga on their name
ibeIi2nVrQCPzn.gif

Bladenic

So I'm watching the live performances. At one point during the One Direction perfo the camera cuts to Katy and Rih and while it seems Katy leans to say something to Rih, it kind of looks like she's yawning LOL.

botty

Banned
So I'm watching the live performances. At one point during the One Direction perfo the camera cuts to Katy and Rih and while it seems Katy leans to say something to Rih, it kind of looks like she's yawning LOL.

She was singing the lyrics of the song to Rihanna.

botty

Banned
Yeah I rewatched and it seems that way. She still looks bored tho lol but hew can blame her? Watching kids jump around and singing poorly ain't very entertaining.

It was the worst VMA I have ever seen.

~ Horrible host
~ Horrible performances (save for Alicia and Nicki)
~ No controversies
~ No Gaga
~ No surprises

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Marius, why are you so bothered? Your fave praised Rih. Twice. Be more like her and less pressed.

aint nobody pressed, just giving some people a dose of reality
9b5f67d8.gif

LOW: Rihanna got the show off to a non-riveting start with a medley of her raunchy "Cockiness" and not-so-dirty "We Found Love." The show's producers seemed to have little faith in Rihanna's performing abilities, as the stage production seemed designed to obscure her at every turn—first, when she strolled among the adoring throngs on the floor of the arena, and later, when she was again rendered invisible by huge white balls that dropped from the ceiling. (Since a balloon drop had been nixed for the President's convention appearance, maybe MTV was able to get a bargain price on falling orbs.)
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/awards/green-day-frank-ocean-thrill-alicia-one-direction-031612644.html

The VMAs were already at a slight disadvantage after last year, when moments such as Beyonce's pregnancy reveal, Adele's triumphant return to the stage after throat surgery, Lady Gaga's cross-dressing performance and a tribute to late singer Amy Winehouse dominated the evening.

Lady Gaga was on a world tour, Beyonce was relaxing on vacation

Though Rihanna won the night's biggest prize, video of the year for "We Found Love," her disjointed performance of the raunchy and cheeky "Cockiness" left plenty scratching their heads. Maybe she should have asked to borrow Britney's python.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...7-video-music-awards-20120907,0,6348785.story

iWf0x9ypPLTjB.gif

Kyon

Banned
When Frank Ocean is the most talked about person at your event, you know that shit is boring.

ibeIi2nVrQCPzn.gif

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Where is the lie?

ibeIi2nVrQCPzn.gif

Ke$ha was the real winner last night the other girls were a damn mess. Rih making another live performance patting her vadge again
is getting really stale.

LETS MAKE THE MOST OF THE NIGHT LIKE WE'RE GONNA DIE YOUNG

Kyon

Banned
Confession: I didnt even watch the VMA's lol

well i did go on youtube to see Rih's performance..... that was enough to not care about watching the re run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom