• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Flop response tbh, Sony has not released the track. To anyone.

I just explained why, and obviously my intimation that the BBC's policies are not unique, but rather endemic to typical UK airplay, flew way over your head.

Call it a flop if it flops. Because as it stands, as per, you're stinking up this thread with a desperate, shameful, and (worst of all) willful display of ignorance.

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

If the demand was so high that they're playing youtube rips then why isnt it being tracked? Why are radio stations going against these "sacrosanct" rules anyway? Why in 2012 are they still waiting for labels to release and announce add dates?

Also if BBC or any other station can play a song a month before release.... why didnt they start last week then? An exact month before release? I thought it was IN SUCH HIGH DEMAND THAT THEY RIP YOUTUBE AUDIO?

Yasss Leona SLAY THE CHARTS WITH UNAUTHORIZED AUDIO RIPS!!! GO FLOP GLASHEART ERA!!! GOOO!!!

Horse_exercise_ball.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Misha B continues to show the rest of the world how to do an X Factor contestant properly

MishaB-NEW-535x802.jpg

Wings by Little Mix has a well-deserved spot at the top of the UK charts. One of the most exciting girl groups since...well, you know, I don't have to spell it out.

141796_o.gif

If the demand was so high that they're playing youtube rips then why isnt it being tracked? Why are radio stations going against these "sacrosanct" rules anyway? Why in 2012 are they still waiting for labels to release and announce add dates?

Also if BBC or any other station can play a song a month before release.... why didnt they start last week then? An exact month before release? I thought it was IN SUCH HIGH DEMAND THAT THEY RIP YOUTUBE AUDIO?

Yasss Leona SLAY THE CHARTS WITH UNAUTHORIZED AUDIO RIPS!!! GO HORSE!!

Horse_exercise_ball.gif
Like I said, that's how it is, and if you don't agree with it, so be it.

Just know that it has little bearing on the success of a track. For instance, Naughty Boy/Emeli Sande's "Wonder" hasn't been playlisted either, and that's off the back of a #1 album. When it releases, it's a sure #1, but it's still a ways off. I guess that's a flop too in your fantasy world.

It'd probably be a good idea if Syco could get it on the C-list on Wednesday since her guest judging appearance on X-Factor will get her some buzz. But either way, your gleeful ignorance will be all the more hilarious when Glassheart (Oct. 12!) slays this fall.

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I didn't realize Leona Lewis was even still remotely a thing. Has she had a decent "hit" since that Happy song?

Mau ®

It'd probably be a good idea if Syco could get it on the C-list on Wednesday since her guest judging appearance on X-Factor will get her some buzz. But either way, your gleeful ignorance will be all the more hilarious when Glassheart (Oct. 12!) slays this fall.

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

Hun, dont try to play cute with me. BBC 1 has been able to play the song (the HQ version too) since August 22nd. The fact that they havent IS TELLING of how much of ON DEMAND the song really is.

I'll be full of GLEE when the fall slaying begins and your absence is DULY NOTED because of the HORSE FLOP.

Horse_exercise_ball.gif

Hun, dont try to play cute with me. BBC 1 has been able to play the song (the HQ version too) since August 22nd. The fact that they havent IS TELLING of how much of ON DEMAND the song really is.

I'll be full of GLEE when the fall slaying begins and your absence is DULY NOTED because of the HORSE FLOP.

Horse_exercise_ball.gif
You're arguing in circles now, and I'm not here for that.

Me: This is what BBC policy says. The song has not been added, and won't be until 3-4 weeks before official release.

You: What about other stations, though? BBC isn't the only one in town.

Me: It's not only the BBC, it's the general climate of UK airplay.

You: But what about the BBC, though? Why didn't they play it starting August 22nd, 8 weeks before official release?

Me: ...

It's pointless to argue with someone who lacks basic reading comprehension skills.

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

Mau ®

I didnt ask if the BBC could've play it in August 22nd. Im stating the FACT THAT THEY'VE HAD IT SINCE THE PREMIERE on AUGUST 22ND which you've been so eager to HIDE during our conversation.

Dont play games hun. The 4 weeks policy has been broken before by the BBC themselves and their sister radio stations on several occasions. The most recent one being Calvin Harris's single with Florence, which is already on heavy rotation despite a release in more than a month.

The stench of FLOP is all over TROUBLE. Only you seem to be the only one in denial about it.

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

I didnt ask if the BBC could've play it in August 22nd. Im stating the FACT THAT THEY'VE HAD IT SINCE THE PREMIERE on AUGUST 22ND which you've been so eager to HIDE during our conversation.

Dont play games hun. The 4 weeks policy has been broken before by the BBC themselves and their sister radio stations on several occasions. The most recent one being Calvin Harris's single with Florence, which is already on heavy rotation despite a release in more than a month.

The stench of FLOP is all over TROUBLE. Only you seem to be the only one in denial about it.

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif
Since you seem so allergic to facts, let's beat you over the head with them in the hope that it will inspire some sense:

- Bleeding Love premiered on BBC Radio 1 on September 16, 2007.
- The official single release was on October 19, 2007.
- It wasn't playlisted until September 24, 2007, but went on to sell a veritable assload.

- Trouble premiered on BBC Radio 1 on August 22, 2012.
- The official single release will be on October 5, 2012.
- If we're taking Bleeding Love as a model, three weeks for Trouble is more than enough, especially since this time she won't be doing promo in the UK and the USA at the same time unlike with Happy.

Call it a flop if it flops. Until then, you're arguing something that means nothing, and only going to great lengths to make yourself look foolish when Leona slays this fall.

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

I'm ready for Glassheart tbh. I wish we didn't always have to pit our faves against each other.
You and me both, gerl. Especially when you have to entertain the notion of arguing with someone who stans for no-talent heaux like Rihanus :-\

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This week in Pop
  • 9/10 - The Voice returns
  • 9/12 - X Factor returns
  • 9/13 - FAME launch with a performance and the full commercial
  • 9/14 - GMA Lady Gaga interview
  • Nicki Minaj's new urban single?

I might not survive

Speaking of X-Factor, I'll be putting up the OT the day before* like last year. This fall shall be glorious.

* Reason being that I don't want the inevitable Brit vs Xtincta stan war to get the thread closed before the show even begins
lol.gif

Kyon

Banned
Speaking of X-Factor, I'll be putting up the OT the day before* like last year. This fall shall be glorious.

* Reason being that I don't want the inevitable Brit vs Xtincta stan war to get the thread closed before the show even begins
lol.gif

Why would it be closed? The feud is acknowledged by both shows/judges. That is on topic

I mean...

@britneyspears: @simoncowell Devastated? Not losing any sleep. #XFactorLETSGO

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It must be embarrassing for Demi tho having to cite 'ignored by everyone watching XFactor because Godney was there' as her career high in years to come

Trigger

This week in Pop
  • 9/10 - The Voice returns
  • Nicki Minaj's new urban single?

I might not survive

This week will be giving me life tbh. Our faves are going to be slaying.

bEQFX.gif

royalan

Seriously, i have a hard time imagining it being a dance floor smash because YOU CAN'T DANCE TO IT.

The remix tho *.*

I'm going to continue waiting for that remix tbh

5WEny.gif

If that latest leaked version on Your Body is the final one, then it needs the tempo increased. I sped it up by 3% and it sounded so much better!

I don't see what's so wrong with a midtempo. Midtempos can still smash
Especially on the R&B charts

ONTD did a post on a version of the demo that was just sped up recently, and while it did sound good I still preferred the slower version. That chill Hip-Hop beat on the verses just SLAYS me. Perfect for Fall.

Look to the remix for the dance version.

This might be interesting: let's name some songs we thought would SMASH but didn't, for whatever reason.

Lloyd - Cupid

This song gave me chill Bruno Mars vibes, which at the time were all the rage. In any event, I'd still let Lloyd do things to me.

Far East Movement - Rocketeer

Such an amazingly infectious song. It cracked the Top 10 but blink and you missed it tbh

Jay-Z - Off That

Jay-Z + Drake + Timbaland is like a magic formula, and this track was the best thing Jay-Z had done in years. But apparently it didn't even qualify for a single release :-\

Any thoughts?

tumblr_m7ois2qIWv1r4q04g.gif

Trigger

Marry the Night will always be a smash in my heart. The last 30 or so seconds slay most of the songs on the album. I did think WHYB would be a bigger single than We Found Love, but both did well enough.

I don't see what's so wrong with a midtempo. Midtempos can still smash
Especially on the R&B charts

ONTD did a post on a version of the demo that was just sped up recently, and while it did sound good I still preferred the slower version. That chill Hip-Hop beat on the verses just SLAYS me. Perfect for Fall.

Look to the remix for the dance version.

I like midtempo songs, but there's a certain je ne sais quoi about a faster version of Fuck Your Body.

royalan

Rihanna - You Da One
JLo - Dance Again

That's about it for this year.

Oh, and The Voice OT will be up later tonight girls. GET READY.

royalan

That's a god awful single cover.

Anyway, in other Canadian news...I don't know HEW this Anjulie chick is:

PTvcv.jpg

But I just heard her new single "You and I", produced by Benny Benassi, and it's pretty damn good.

Take a listen.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Dark Side
Honestly, I didn't expect this to be a smash. And I love Kelly. I think it's a fantastic song. That entire CD is really solid as far as a pop album goes. The only thing it's lacking is a smash ballad.

Coming off of "Stronger" though, I would have picked "Don't Be a Girl About It" as Kelly's next single though. It's more upbeat throughout the whole song and not nearly as dark subject-wise. It should have been on the standard release CD and not just the deluxe. They could have easily substituted "Let Me Down" or "You Love Me" for it. I love both of them, but I almost find them interchangeable at times.

This week in Pop

I can't wait for all of those, but this is the first I've heard of GaGa doing a GMA interview. What is it going to be about?

Honestly, I didn't expect this to be a smash. And I love Kelly. I think it's a fantastic song. That entire CD is really solid as far as a pop album goes. The only thing it's lacking is a smash ballad.

Coming off of "Stronger" though, I would have picked "Don't Be a Girl About It" as Kelly's next single though. It's more upbeat throughout the whole song and not nearly as dark subject-wise. It should have been on the standard release CD and not just the deluxe. They could have easily substituted "Let Me Down" or "You Love Me" for it. I love both of them, but I almost find them interchangeable at times.
Agreed about the ballad thing. There's definitely no Because of You or Already Gone on Stronger. If I ran the label I would have made the Pop singles:

1. Let Me Down
2. Stronger
3. I Forgive You
4. Dark Side
5. You Love Me

And if we're doing Country singles:

1. Don't You Wanna Stay
2. Mr. Know it All
3. Breaking Your Own Heart
4. The Sun Will Rise

....might be a little much, but I can dream. :p

Status