• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zankara

Except some of us are ALLOWED because our faves have GOOD MUSIC and SALES to back up this claim. Remain seated

So why not use the good music as the basis of the argument? I mean, If someone said Rihanna's music sucks and your rebuttal is about how many albums she has sold or number 1s she has then it does nothing to disprove their argument.
Now, if you said Rihanna doesn't suck because she has good music and listed examples like her powerful singing voice, her fantastic performances, her creativity, her originality, her amazing songwriting ability (bad examples, I know) then you might have an actual argument.

I don't think you know what stanning is about lol

Yeah, this is probably a pointless discussion :)

So why not use the good music as the basis of the argument? I mean, If someone said Rihanna's music sucks and your rebuttal is about how many albums she has sold or number 1s she has then it does nothing to disprove their argument.
Now, if you said Rihanna doesn't suck because she has good music and listed examples like her powerful singing voice, her fantastic performances, her creativity, her originality, her amazing songwriting ability (bad examples, I know) then you might have an actual argument.

tumblr_m8563ilvTE1r6s0lfo1_400.gif

royalan

None of that shit would matter.

I hate to say it, but music threads are one of the great reminders that NeoGAF is first and foremost a gamer community. Gamers tend to hate Pop music, by virtue of the fact that it is Pop music and seemingly goes against the faux machismo most dorky gamers subscribe to.

Hell, we recently had to defend Mariah Carey's talent in the Idol thread. Mariah-Fucking-Carey.

We could post great pop music until we're blue in the face, but as long as it's labelled Pop most of GAF won't give it a chance or take it seriously in any sort of music discussion.

Artemisia

Banned

I hate to say it, but music threads are one of the great reminders that NeoGAF is first and foremost a gamer community. Gamers tend to hate Pop music, by virtue of the fact that it is Pop music and seemingly goes against the faux machismo most dorky gamers subscribe to.

Hell, we recently had to defend Mariah Carey's talent in the Idol thread. Mariah-Fucking-Carey.

We could post great pop music until we're blue in the face, but as long as it's labelled Pop most of GAF won't give it a chance or take it seriously in any sort of music discussion.

educate them

16m4sia0wx5p.gif

Exactly. I don't care when people criticize pop-gaf but a lot of the time it's a case of obvious music elitism. Speaking of the faux-machismo dorkiness thing, I went back to that thread and lo-and-behold:

Why is it that whenever a pop-artist (and I use the word artist with such disdain)

Maybe you guys should tone it down or get fresher material, but considering your choice of hobbies, I can see why the latter would be difficult for many of popgaf posters.

that username...
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif

Kyon

Banned
Finally the Full HD version of Twister Danceney Commercial

http://youtu.be/PXSYJJg2BM4

Knee Bendingney

Confidenceney 

Danceney

Energyney

Passionney

ITZney

YourFavesCouldNeverney

Godney

somebody should add "look at all the fucks I give" or something lol
tumblr_ma2fl6vw8b1rvu3v2o1_500.gif

tumblr_ma2gn5ULJn1qect02o1_400.gif

tumblr_ma2ezomeIF1r6roa0o1_500.gif

#SEETHE

Qazaq

Banned
The demo of Your Body is so fucking good. Can't wait until the legit HQ leaks.

I LOOOOVE it now as a midtempo, though it's tempo had to grow on me a little. It's just perfect.

Qazaq

Banned
I'm just worried about losing the very slight echo from the demo. Sometimes that can make a song really good in it's mq/demo form and it goes away in the HQ. In the fake HQ, it makes the song feel flatter without it, so I hope the real HQ has the same punch.

Kyon

Banned
I'm just worried about losing the very slight echo from the demo. Sometimes that can make a song really good in it's mq/demo form and it goes away in the HQ. In the fake HQ, it makes the song feel flatter without it, so I hope the real HQ has the same punch.

Oh you haven't heard? It leaked lol I'll pm you

Kyon

Banned
I'm pretty sure you are. She looked good, but her dancing was not impressive.

Not talking about the choreo tho. The way she executed was better than HIAM & TTWE she wasn't stiff at all either. She was on point and certainly more effort than the other gurls.......... tho that's not exactly hard to beat.

Also I think you're forgetting that there isn't supposed to be some kind of complicated choreography it's about showcasing the toy and it emphasizes on you stepping on the dots as you can see in the video

botty

Banned
Not talking about the choreo tho. The way she executed was better than HIAM & TTWE she wasn't stiff at all either. She was on point and certainly more effort than the other gurls.......... tho that's not exactly hard to beat.

I agree. Although the choreography was short and simple, Britney's execution was swift, sharp, and very much on point. Those hair flips and head tosses!!! She also seemed genuinely enthused in the commercial.
b80efe23.gif

Now, we don't know how many takes it took her to get there, or how many pieces are edited together, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Bladenic

So I listened to the entirety of Up! for the first time. LordT Shania really needs to make another album to re-punch all of the lessors out of the game. Flawless record tbh, your faves can't compete. They should be happy she's apparently never releasing another album.

Styles

I agree. Although the choreography was short and simple, Britney's execution was swift, sharp, and very much on point. Those hair flips and head tosses!!! She also seemed genuinely enthused in the commercial.
b80efe23.gif

Now, we don't know how many takes it took her to get there, or how many pieces are edited together, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

She still looks stiff to me..

Koodo

Banned
b80efe23.gif
YAS! She didn't miss a beat!

ijwewXfiDFi9T.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I was close to getting banned anyway, so I thought I would exit with a BANG.

Koo had some more amazing gifs I was going to use, but it was closed before I had the chance.

Zutroy

If that latest leaked version on Your Body is the final one, then it needs the tempo increased. I sped it up by 3% and it sounded so much better!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If that latest leaked version on Your Body is the final one, then it needs the tempo increased. I sped it up by 3% and it sounded so much better!
Seriously, i have a hard time imagining it being a dance floor smash because YOU CAN'T DANCE TO IT.

The remix tho *.*

For the UK sistren, SLAYONA will be a guest judge on X-Factor tonight.

normal_3.jpg

That hair is a tragedy, but she looks gorgeous no matter how badly she's styled. Especially next to that classless Tulisa huzzy.

In matters more pertinent to her upcoming SLAYAGE releasing Oct. 15, she just unveiled the tracklist for Glassheart.

1. Trouble*
2. Unlove Me
3. Lovebird
4. Come Alive
5. Fireflies
6. I To You
7. Shake You Up
8. Stop The Clocks
9. Favorite Scar
10. When It Hurts
11. Glassheart
12. Finger Print

*Lead single

Absolutely thrilled that the Darkchild stuff made the album, less thrilled about the Bonnie McKee infestation. But we'll see once track snippets are released.

squee.gif
squee.gif
squee.gif
squee.gif
squee.gif
squee.gif

xxczx

just watched monsterball for first time since it was on Virgin Music oh my god why didn't i watch this sooner. so jelly of my friend going to watch her on tuesday now

Mau ®

I dont know what SLAYAGE are we talking about here in regards to Leona but when your "anticipated" single fails to catch on in the airplay UK TOP 100 (where even "local" Taylor Swift is in the TOP 20) I think its time to call it quits and rush-release something.

I mean wasnt her label withholding the single from digital release so as to gather hype? lolololololol

I dont know what SLAYAGE are we talking about here in regards to Leona but when your "anticipated" single fails to catch on in the airplay UK TOP 100 (where even "local" Taylor Swift is in the TOP 20) I think its time to call it quits and rush-release something.

I mean wasnt her label withholding the single from digital release so as to gather hype? lolololololol
Obviously you know nothing about how UK airplay works. The single hasn't even been released to the stations yet, and tracks typically begin regular spins 3-4 weeks prior to release.

In fact, BBC Radio has a policy that a track cannot be added to the C-, B-, or A-list more than four weeks before its official release.

BBC Radio policies said:
Why can't I buy many of the tracks you are playing yet?
The playlist tries to balance tracks that are already released and available, with brand new tracks you haven't heard before. Normally new tracks will be added to the playlist 3 or 4 weeks before they are released and introduced slowly at a lower rotation.

How long will a track stay on the playlist for?
The average is usually around 6 or 7 weeks - although if the track is popular it can be longer. We try and ensure as many people as possible get the chance to hear a track, but stop playing it before you get tired of it.

Trouble is being released on October 5, and the stations that have played it (or the acoustic version) have said they played the ripped YouTube mp3s because the demand is high even as they are waiting for Sony.

Obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to send it out now because (if for some reason it didn't take off) it would be delisted, incidentally enough, the same week the album comes out. Glad you're not the one running things.

Your post will be valid if it doesn't get playlisted next Wednesday (the day when most of the big stations, ex. BBC Radio, Capital FM change up the rotation). Until then, remain seated and focus your "expert" analysis on the one market that actually supports your faves.

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

EDIT: YASSS Leona confirmed to be performing at G-A-Y again *squeee*

Mau ®

Obviously you know nothing about how UK airplay works. The single hasn't even been released to the stations yet, and tracks typically begin regular spins 3-4 weeks prior to release.

In fact, BBC Radio has a policy that a track cannot be added to the C-, B-, or A-list more than four weeks before its official release.

Hun you damn well know BBC is not the only radio conglomerate available in the UK and thus its policies dont apply to everybody else.

And an add date excuse in 2012? lol dont make me laugh. The song is a flop. Even you know this, hence the sudden stop of updates on its "slayage" a while ago
2iq3xw.jpg

and focus your "expert" analysis on the one market that actually supports your faves.

Funny you mention this considering Rihanna is an absolute major force in the UK.

Taylor top 10 on UK itunes? And longevity?

VWYzK.gif

When will your fave local acts tbh?

Hun you damn well know BBC is not the only radio conglomerate available in the UK and thus its policies dont apply to everybody else.

And an add date excuse in 2012? lol dont make me laugh. The song is a flop. Even you know this, hence the sudden stop of updates on its "slayage" a while ago
2iq3xw.jpg
Flop response tbh, Sony has not released the track. To anyone.

I just explained why, and obviously my intimation that the BBC's policies are not unique, but rather endemic to typical UK airplay, flew way over your head.

Call it a flop if it flops. Because as it stands, as per, you're stinking up this thread with a desperate, shameful, and (worst of all) willful display of ignorance.

But who is surprised tho

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom