• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

As it stands your faves careers might as well be nothing.

People actually know who my faves are. MIA tried tho. Tried by flipping off a camera on national TV. Still failed.

idWGAUcaOaz5p.gif

Artemisia

Banned
That's where you're wrong, considering most of our faves are both heralded and successful. MIA is barely even heralded.

tumblr_lz970quf9H1qm94k3.jpg

She is the only artist in history to be nominated for an Academy Award, Grammy Award, Brit Award, Mercury Prize and Alternative Turner Prize, and the first artist of Asian descent to be nominated for an Academy and Grammy Award in the same year. In both 2005 and 2008, M.I.A. was artist of the year by Spin and URB and M.I.A. is named as one of the defining artists of the 2000s decade by Rolling Stone in its "Best of the Decade" list in December 2009. Esquire magazine ranked M.I.A. on its list of the 75 most influential people of the 21st century in January 2010 and also in January 2010 Time magazine named her one of the world's 100 most influential people.

I feel bad for your faves. All they are known for is being just another pop artist.

zankara

That's where you're wrong, considering most of our faves are both heralded and successful. MIA is barely even heralded.

Heralded by who exactly? The same people who sent Taylor Swift's latest song to number 1? Made Justin Bieber a success? Think Rihanna actually has talent? Or maybe the people who think Gaga has revolutionized music? I mean, I would rather not be heralded in that is the case tbh...

Kyon

Banned
Heralded by who exactly? The same people who sent Taylor Swift's latest song to number 1? Made Justin Bieber a success? Think Rihanna actually has talent? Or maybe the people who think Gaga has revolutionized music? I mean, I would rather not be heralded in that is the case tbh...

Can't write off all the mainstream gurls because the talentless one hit wonders tbh. Britney had the biggest hits of her career over a year ago. Society isn't THAT tasteless all the time.

Artemisia

Banned
what an honor it must be to get a number 1 album or single
yahooFlutter.gif

think about all the incredible acts that have that achievement like Chris Brown and LMFAO
yahooFlutter.gif

Bladenic

Well I guess the problem is with you if you aren't familiar with Rolling Stone, Time, Esquire, or Spin.

I said 75%, learn to read. You're just a freshman though, I'm not surprised.

Also crumpet you can't say anything because your avatar is the epitome of ridiculous.

Nice try though.

People actually know who my faves are. MIA tried tho. Tried by flipping off a camera on national TV. Still failed.

idWGAUcaOaz5p.gif

Trying to throw M.I.A. shade with a fucking VITA gif.

THE IRONY.

At least M.I.A. manages to make PROFIT and INTO PEOPLE'S HOMES.

dzhs7sw8smy.png

I notice Loreen went down with the HMS Vita. RIP.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Arular + Kala > your faves careers

Sis preach. So many pressed embittered lessors in the thread rn.

ibuFuw7720laeB.gif

Trying to throw M.I.A. shade with a fucking VITA gif.

THE IRONY.

At least M.I.A. manages to make PROFIT and INTO PEOPLE'S HOMES.

dzhs7sw8smy.png

#cremated
#passedon
#rip

Also Chris, Madonna has obviously heard of MIA because she gave her the same status in Give Me All Ur Luvin as Nicki Minaj, who I think I am right in saying is one of your faves. So sit. Take a seat. Take all the seats.

Except the difference of course is that collabing on GMAYL represents the high point of Minaj's career to date, but probably the nadir of MIA's.

Mau ®

Something so sentimental
You make so detrimental
I wish it didnt feel like this
Cuz I dont wanna miss THIS KISS

A perfect pop song by Carly RA Jesus *.*

Perra should feel threatened *.*

Christopher

Something so sentimental
You make so detrimental
I wish it didnt feel like this
Cuz I dont wanna miss THIS KISS

A perfect pop song by Carly RA Jesus *.*

Perra should feel threatened *.*

If she's not working with Dr. Luke / Max Martin I guess Jepsus will. Her loss, not his.

I don't think we're shading Taylor because she has a number one, or that the song isn't catchy. It's just for her as an artist, she dumbed her style down so much ...

You go talk to your friends talk
To my friends talk to me

= \

Trigger

Contra is amazing. California English and Run (not sure if that's the name?) are amazing.

EDIT- Oh and Horchata. God, that used to be on constant repeat everyday for awhile.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Vampire+Weekend+1.png
vampire_weekend-contra-frontal.jpg

These two albums are hitting the spot today!
I'm feeling brave and finally diving into my backlog...

I saw Vampire Weekend at Glasto a couple of years ago and it was early evening and the sun was starting to set in the sky and it was basically absolutely perfect. Two almost flawless albums.

Peru

The whitest band alive.

But sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, new Missy tunes out in EIGHT HOURS. IT WAS HER AND AALIYAH BABY. MISSY'S NOT DEAD

royalan

I saw Vampire Weekend at Glasto a couple of years ago and it was early evening and the sun was starting to set in the sky and it was basically absolutely perfect. Two almost flawless albums.

Vampire Weekend is one of those acts that, while I can acknowledge that they're good, something about them kept me from getting into them personally. :-/

Re: Vampire Weekend

I'm ashamed to admit this is the first time I've heard either album, though I got both quite a long time ago now.
Can't believe I've gone without for so long, great albums!

I saw Vampire Weekend at Glasto a couple of years ago and it was early evening and the sun was starting to set in the sky and it was basically absolutely perfect.

This made me tingle, sounds divine.
I'm jealous

EDIT: SHIT this week has the new Missy, iPhone and Wii U announcements! Woooooow

royalan

Simon and Britney Xfactor interviews of the day:

Access Hollywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGsJKAI9m4Y

ET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTG2mAfaEV0

Those unscripted, not pre approved hard hitting questions :eek:

#DEATH @ Brit defending Xtina after Simon dragged her for filth

Simon is so damn PRESSEDT. Your show was a FLOPPY MESS last season, boo-boo. Get over it! Brit is shooting him the "you are doing the absolute MOST right now" look and he's just going and going...Like Xtina (or any of the judges) would have any say in when NBC airs The Voice, or if they'd even care that much.

Glad that Brit kept it cute tho. Notice how the TWO OF THEM always keeps it cute.

Kyon

Banned
Simon is so damn PRESSEDT. Your show was a FLOPPY MESS last season, boo-boo. Get over it! Brit is shooting him the "you are doing the absolute MOST right now" look and he just going and going...Like Xtina (or any of the judges) would have any say on when NBC airs The Voice, or if they'd even care that much.

Glad that Brit kept it cute tho. Notice how the TWO OF THEM always keeps it cute.

When they asked Brit who she's gonna watch it with and Simon said Xtina I was just :eek:

Bladenic

Sis preach. So many pressed embittered lessors in the thread rn.

ibuFuw7720laeB.gif

#cremated
#passedon
#rip

Also Chris, Madonna has obviously heard of MIA because she gave her the same status in Give Me All Ur Luvin as Nicki Minaj, who I think I am right in saying is one of your faves. So sit. Take a seat. Take all the seats.

Except the difference of course is that collabing on GMAYL represents the high point of Minaj's career to date, but probably the nadir of MIA's.

Um what? No, you think wrong. You are not right. I guess you must have missed all the posts where I call her Shitty Garbaj. You tried tho.

AND LOL at trying to come at me for using that gif. Just embarrassing. I guess when you have nothing else to use, you must resort to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom