• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

Yesterday the paparazzi went CRAZY over Janet's appearance at the grand opening of Dylan's Candy Bar in Hollywood.

Your faves could NEVER look this good at 46.

Flaw-free footage

Kiiiiiiii @ "Are you gonna pick up any [candy] for your nieces and nephews?" "Um, no"

iSuFQm5kR9B43.gif

botty

Banned
Nicki Minaj's new single: 'The Boys'

Nicki Minaj ‏@NICKIMINAJ
'The Boys' > RT @_SupremeXxX: RT @I_ROMANZOLANSKI: RT @TeamMinajBXTCH: RT @Philly____: @NICKIMINAJ what's the name of the single ? #TheReUp

iuM0HEa28Unxw.gif

Icicle

Really, now?

I guess you missed Paris Jackson being listed in People magazine's "Most Beautiful People" list at age 14.

If you did, you can catch her being featured in Glamour magazine this month.

Paris Jackson is the heiress to the jackson throne, cause clearly no other jackson can fill the seat now that Michael is gone.

iQnwQlDVolKmX.gif

Paris Jackson is and FOREVER shall be a HEW.

The ADOPTED SECOND child of a DEAD singer whose personal life was more of a #MESS than all of Pop-GAF put together. Ain't NOBODY checks for anything but MJ's music, and Paris' very own EXISTENCE is likely owed to Michael's ALLEGED sexual abuse, a calculated move to show the public he can be trusted around children.

Paris may be young and pretty now, but her days of magazine coverage of EXTREMELY limited. THIS is her mother, and dem genes ain't werking in her favor, that's for DAMN sure.

Debbie-Rowe-467216-1-402.jpg

Paris Jackson is such a HEW, in fact, she doesn't even have her own Wikipedia page. The REAL Paris Jackson is a Canadian Football Player, seen below. Clearly, he has contributed more to the world than ha for him to be given the default url.

200px-Paris_Jackson_%28March_2009%29.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Jackson

Paris' "page" redirects to a subsection of her father's Wiki where there is merely ONE mention of her existence....how embarrassing.

Paris the heiress, you say? Quite a DANGEROUS term to be using, your fave might be mistaken for someone who MATTERS.
ib0brMkZY7CtMt.gif

The THRONE is ruled by QUEEN JANET. Let me know when your lessor can challenge Her Highness.
ibsqpn931BFiav.gif

-------
Edit: Damn, Aguila spilled some of the tea a bit early!

Icicle

Ciara News...Maybe:

Remember when Ciara tweeted this picture a month ago and then the song never came?

gPg1X.png

New P.R. says the song/video is getting released on September 13th (premiering on BET's 106 and Park) followed by another single/video called "Got Me Good" on October 8th.

The press release ends with this gem.

"With “Sorry” about to be released, and “Got Me Good” on the horizon, Ciara’s once again in the spotlight. One Woman Army may be a bold departure for her, but she’s headed for a familiar destination: the top of the charts."

I think I've done enough reading today, anybody want to have a go at CiCi?

No, because SLAYONA is ready to slay souls.

d4owC.png

Even NME, who has done nothing but shade Leona's past work, is impressed and thinks Glassheart will smash. And it's nice to know that there are highlights other than "Trouble" <3

Coming for wigs tbh, and certainly not on your schedule.

iblQh9xBnyur8z.gif

Though I hope that writer was joking when she said her praise might jinx the album...

INDEED sis, Slayona will mercilessly chew your faves into finely ground cud this fall, and spit them out into the dark pastures of IRRELEVANCE and STRUGGLE.

iblQh9xBnyur8z.gif

#glassheart2012worlddomination

botty

Banned
Paris Jackson is and FOREVER shall be a HEW.

The ADOPTED SECOND child of a DEAD singer whose personal life was more of a #MESS than all of Pop-GAF put together. Ain't NOBODY checks for anything but MJ's music, and Paris' very own EXISTENCE is likely owed to Michael's ALLEGED sexual abuse, a calculated move to show the public he can be trusted around children.

Paris may be young and pretty now, but her days of magazine coverage of EXTREMELY limited. THIS is her mother, and dem genes ain't werking in her favor, that's for DAMN sure.

Debbie-Rowe-467216-1-402.jpg

Paris Jackson is such a HEW, in fact, she doesn't even have her own Wikipedia page. The REAL Paris Jackson is a Canadian Football Player, seen below. Clearly, he has contributed more to the world than ha for him to be given the default url.

200px-Paris_Jackson_%28March_2009%29.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Jackson

Paris' "page" redirects to a subsection of her father's Wiki where there is merely ONE mention of her existence....how embarrassing.

Paris the heiress, you say? Quite a DANGEROUS term to be using, your fave might be mistaken for someone who MATTERS.
ib0brMkZY7CtMt.gif

The THRONE is ruled by QUEEN JANET. Let me know when your lessor can challenge Her Highness.
ibsqpn931BFiav.gif

Paris Jackson's career will erupt next year, when her film, "Lundon's Bridge," is released. Unlike Janet, who played a support role during her acting debut on television, Paris will be the main star, and leading lady. I can see why Janet doesn't want Paris getting into acting now... she's afraid Paris will nab that oscar she never could.

tumblr_lbs510ZuSs1qc77h9o1_500.gif

Debbie Rowe may have the chin of two Jay Lenos, but I am not sure how you can come for Paris' genes when your fave came from this:

2RHgX.jpg

We already know how much damage those genes are causing already:
W7KMa.jpg

ibQTiBITTOVJV.gif

HEWs do not have nearly a million twitter followers. HEWs do not make the headlines. And HEWs definitely do not get TWO Oprah interviews.... When was the last time your fave had one?

VGH2L.jpg

The true QUEEN Jackson will take the throne next year. Janet tried though.

iQnwQlDVolKmX.gif

Artemisia

Banned
leona-lewis-glasshearbnjs3.jpg
ellie+goulding+halcyon+special+edition.jpg

Halcyon and Glassheart are going to be released in the same week.

Leona is going to scalp her ;_; Unless people in the store buy Halcyon instead because of it's superior artwork (and lead single).

leona-lewis-glasshearbnjs3.jpg
ellie+goulding+halcyon+special+edition.jpg

Halcyon and Glassheart are going to be released in the same week.

Leona is going to scalp her ;_; Unless people in the store buy Halcyon instead because of it's superior artwork (and lead single).
If it's any consolation, it's not exactly a fair fight. Leona's racked up two years worth of pre-orders already :p

Artemisia

Banned
If it's any consolation, it's not exactly a fair fight. Leona's racked up two years worth of pre-orders already :p

The album has been available for preorder for 2 years?

I honestly thought that they didn't do that kind of thing until the album's release date was set in stone (unless they thought it was until it was delayed)

The album has been available for preorder for 2 years?

I honestly thought that they didn't do that kind of thing until the album's release date was set in stone (unless they thought it was until it was delayed)
It's been on Play and HMV (the two most popular shops) since before "Collide" and on Amazon UK since March of this year I believe. But since they don't charge you until it ships, it's not exactly a scam job.

Nonetheless, both deserve all their success, unlike some ugly-ass clowns from my nightmares on this page.

xGYZz.png

Majmun

Her weave/lacefronts are hiding basically 30% of her face. The gif with her sideburn weave and huge forehead lacefronts (that are lowering her hairline) are proof of that.

She has a big face without all that stuff. But I still prefer the Nicki without all that plastered shit on her face.

Icicle

Paris Jackson's career will erupt next year, when her film, "Lundon's Bridge," is released.

It's real cute how you keep talking about this BIG movie of hers, yet the damn thing has not even entered production. It's possible that it may never be made, or better yet, made without Paris altogether.

Oscar-winning trailer, tbh

Unlike Janet, who played a support role during her acting debut on television, Paris will be the main star, and leading lady. I can see why Janet doesn't want Paris getting into acting now... she's afraid Paris will nab that oscar she never could.

tumblr_lbs510ZuSs1qc77h9o1_500.gif
The amount of film work Janet had accomplished by age fourteen makes Paris look downright LAZY in comparison. Janet made her debut on the Las Vegas strip at age SEVEN, her TV debut at NINE, and at 10 she was part of the MAIN cast of the show Good Times. She would go on to have featured roles in Diff'rent Strokes and Fame as well, all accomplished during her TEEN years. Keep talking about that PROMISED film role for Paris tho.

Since then, Janet has found time to do FIVE FEATURE FILMS, all of which have her as the LEAD role, or the most prominent gorl among the ensemble cast. She has also been the recipient of MANY awards for her film work ALONE, including Academy Award and Golden Globe Award nominations.

By the way, in this Glamour magazine article, Paris mentions how LaToya Jackson is rooting for her success. In ANY situation, if LaToya is on your side, you are doomed to FAILURE.

dontplaygirl.gif

Debbie Rowe may have the chin of two Jay Lenos, but I am not sure how you can come for Paris' genes when your fave came from this:

2RHgX.jpg

We already know how much damage those genes are causing already:
W7KMa.jpg

ibQTiBITTOVJV.gif
Yes, it's ENTIRELY fair to post a picture of an EIGHTY-FOUR year old MAN and a "bad" picture of Janet. As you can see in the video I posted of the Candy Shop from yesterday, the OLDEST Janet's ever been seen on camera, she is entirely flawless.

i54mJx58pEwpi.gif

HEWs do not have nearly a million twitter followers. HEWs do not make the headlines. And HEWs definitely do not get TWO Oprah interviews.... When was the last time your fave had one?

VGH2L.jpg
Nobody is checking for Paris on Twitter or in the tabloids, they just want the tea that she's spilling. Janet's got 2.5 million followers on Twitter and she doesn't even use it herself, not to mention many of her fans are not within the social media demographic. Paris' Oprah interview was SHARED with her brothers, and Oprah just wanted to get an inside look at MJ's life and hopefully some kids crying for good ratings. Let me know when Paris can book solo interviews and talk about herself instead of her dead father.

ibkTOrAwXw8Vj1.gif

The true QUEEN Jackson will take the throne next year. Janet tried though.

iQnwQlDVolKmX.gif

Great QUEENS have thousands of servants. Where are yours tho?
i7E4Mqk2PXrvd.gif

Perhaps I should make you the COURT JESTER with your LAUGHABLE attempt at elevating Paris into someone NOTEWORTHY.

ivtaffdn9o4A0.gif

Majmun

Icicle's essays are a sight to behold. Always nice to read them.

But then I'm reminded that he stans for The Queens of Comeback Flops: Ciara and Brandy

Has Brandy's new single entered the Hot Top 100 yet??? (no shade btw)

DMeisterJ

Banned

But then I'm reminded that he stans for The Queens of Comeback Flops: Ciara and Brandy

Has Brandy's new single entered the Hot Top 100 yet??? (no shade btw)

Brandy's single peaked at #95 I think.

Slayage.

Not sure why we're shading Ciara. She's the queen of the Bubbling Under Hot 100

Icicle

Did Brandy's new single enter the Hot Top 100 yet???

Put It Down has been in the Hot 100 for the past 3 weeks, and is still gaining points/airplay.

If you mean her NEW single "Wildest Dreams", that would be a no. The song was just released on August 28th and it may face a Stronger/Dark Side situation where the strength of the previous song prevents the next one from really taking off. Too early to tell, however, as "Put It Down" really only started taking off about 2.5-3 months after it came out.

I actually believe this era will be a successful one for Brandy, but I can't say the same for Ciara right now.

Edit: DMJ -- The song peaked at 90, and this week it's at 92. It actually gained points from last week, but slid two spots because two lower-ranked songs gained more.

Bladenic

Timbaland has been a, well, has been for years now, and Missy has been out of the game since 2005. Were people actually expecting that much out of this?

tumblr_lz970quf9H1qm94k3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom