• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC

OMG. I like this
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
If you mean her NEW single "Wildest Dreams", that would be a no. The song was just released on August 28th and it may face a Stronger/Dark Side situation where the strength of the previous song prevents the next one from really taking off. Too early to tell, however, as "Put It Down" really only started taking off about 2.5-3 months after it came out.

OGq50.gif

Majmun

Still pressed over Timbaland's awful Shock Value 2 album. The first one was so goooooood IMO.

Missy and Timbaland are a strong team together. There's so much potential. I have high hopes for this.

I can only hope the beat does switch up on the second verse or switches on Tim's verse or something. It's pointless to compare but I remember when I first heard She's a Bitch, Get Ur Freak On, Work It, Pass That Dutch, all of them banged. I was blown away each time.

This is... nice. We deserved to be blown away yet again though after all the waiting, delays and nonsense. Everybody's dropping mixtapes and EPs and we wait two weeks for a snippet. Good will and nostalgia only go so far, she needs to start putting in some work! Where's the video?

Majmun

Speaking of Shock Value: "Scream" is one of my favorite tracks ever. Nicole Flopsinger and Keri Nohitson are really slaying there for once.

Other great tracks:

- Give it to me
- Why I Are
- Bounce
- Fantasy
- Miscommunication
- Bombay
- Apologize

Shock Value II, why were you so bad??? "Carry Out" and "Say Something" were good, tho

Artemisia

Banned
only girl (in the world) is one of the best pop songs of the decade. The beat during the verses slays me every time I listen.

while the majority of her discography is disposable, Rihanna does have some incredible tracks.

Icicle

BONUS KIIIII in retrospect!
Hmm... what is this place.

Thank you.

tumblr_lr1in2xrLL1qdhlbf.gif

I think I will like it here.

jawbreakeridontthinkwsrk43.gif

A word of advice -- Realize that you are now entering a highly-active combat zone, where you can come under fire at any given moment. It might be in your best interest to let your faves be known, so that you at least have a few allies you can rely on to provide cover fire.

Most importantly, if you do not want to be helpless, make sure you have a decent collection of quality gifs that can be used in multiple situations.

Oh, and just so you're aware of the repercussions upfront, if I ever see you shading Janet...

sammiillpoundyoupqapw.gif

(Don't hold anything back! It's a lot more fun that way!)

I gave ha FAIR WARNING, but poor #scalpedt Botty did NOT HEED MY WORDS.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
girl please, you don't even know what I listen to

iSdevS1gTzcIO.gif

Ellie Goulding- Excellent
Rihanna- Shit
Janelle Monae- who?
Kimbra- Excellent there
Gaga- Ehhh its ok every once in a while. Overrated but not bad
MIA- Paper Planes was the only song I remembered from the album.

Not terrible since you have some good ones but not good either more borderline mediocre. (Rihanna alone ruins it)

Ciao
ic30ir7ZUUZIX.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I have one rihanna song in my itunes.

One.

Let me add more

Robyn - queen of pop
Florence + the Machine - queen of indie pop
Azealia Banks - Upcoming queen of rap
Passion Pit - queens of replacing the killers
Sleigh Bells - queens of slaying your faves with distorted music