• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Your wish is my command :) It's in.

you should add the top 10 singles tbh

tumblr_m7fx8pwVc51qdmb8eo1_r1_500.jpg

Nemesis_

KE$HA will slay. I am not a fan but her music is unapologetically shallow and dancey.

It will be CATCHY AS FUCK and you will ALL DEAL

including me

Koodo

Banned
Another record FALLS.

Billboard said:
With a 73rd week in the top 10, "21" has now spent more weeks in the top 10 than any other album by a woman in history. It surpasses the 72 week run of Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill." (Among all albums, the soundtrack to "The Sound of Music" has the most weeks in the top 10, with 109.)
Source

iyeLChZycIT3N.gif

List of albums with the most weeks in the Top 10:

109 - The Sound of Music
84 - Born in the U.S.A.
78 - Thriller
78 - Hysteria
73 - 21

Nemesis_

I don't think Adele's music is bad either but I am really sick of it as well.

But it's nice to see it performing so well too! Since she's a NICE PERSON and SUCH

botty

Banned
Apparently these are lyrics from Xtina's single...

"It’s true what you heard, I am a freak I’m disturbed, so come and give me your worst…."

What the fuck?

syNmb.gif

Koodo

Banned
I'm starting to skip her songs on the radio as well, except for RITD which simply does not know saturation.

REGARDLESS, her voice on SKYFALL needs to happen.

royalan

Getting Bionic v2.01 teas from those lyrics tbh

jqBiC.gif

I don't know how it. It's one line from one song without the context of ANY production. Frankly, we have no idea WHAT this is going to sound like.

And, playing devil's advocate, those lyrics could be referencing something other than sex. For all we know, it could end up being a Kelly Clarkson-esque "I've got baggage!" ballad, or clapback at the the media portraying her as a psycho bitch.

Besides, it's not like Bionic was the first time Xtina sang about sex.

botty

Banned
I don't know how it. It's one line from one song without the context of ANY production. Frankly, we have no idea WHAT this is going to sound like.

And, playing devil's advocate, those lyrics could be referencing something other than sex. For all we know, it could end up being a Kelly Clarkson-esque "I've got baggage!" ballad, or clapback at the the media portraying her as a psycho bitch.

Besides, it's not like Bionic was the first time Xtina sang about sex.

This is what I am hoping for, but apparently it's a dance/club banger... so we'll just have to see.

royalan

Your wish is my command :) It's in.

Thanks Sis! :)

This is what I am hoping for, but apparently it's a dance/club banger... so we'll just have to see.

I want a club banger though. ;_;

Xtina is the only female recording today besides Mariah and Beyonce that can actually ride a melody and put big, fierce vocals on club banging production. It's a lost art these days, actually. :(

Koodo

Banned
siU2P.gif

Deadline said:
EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Mariah Carey is finalizing a deal to join Fox’s American Idol as a new judge. I hear Carey would command a salary of more than $17 million for next season, which would set a new record for talent on a reality series, eclipsing the paycheck of Idol‘s Jennifer Lopez.
Source

Disgusting. I didn't want to watch Idol ever again, but Mooriah will drag me back in.

royalan

siU2P.gif

Source

Disgusting. I didn't want to watch Idol ever again, but Mooriah will drag me back in.

Eh...

Don't get me wrong, LOVE Mimi, but anyone who has followed her even a little bit all this time knows what her schtick is. She's a self-absorbed diva. It can be entertaining, but not enough to get me to tune in to the horrible MESS that is the Idol machine these days.

The REAL question is who are they going to put on that panel WITH her. That could make all the difference in the world.

Mumei

Aren't the rumored judges Aretha, Mariah, and Patti? Now that would be a panel.

Aretha said she was very interested in it, to the point where she was throwing shade when someone suggested she wouldn't be up for it because of her fear of flying.

I haven't heard anything about Patti, but pleasepleasepleaseplease

Mariah and Mama Patti on the panel together? Oh Lord.

Edit: Patti on another flop show listening to auditions. You can see one of royalan's acquaintances at the end!

Mumei

...was that shade?
I don't want to be openly associated with those vocals...lol

You know, if I were being shady by suggesting that like keeps with like, it would be pretty good shade, you must admit.

But sadly, no. It was perfectly innocent.

royalan

You know, if I were being shady by suggesting that like keeps with like, it would be pretty good shade, you must admit.

But sadly, no. It was perfectly innocent.

HAHA - last time I saw him he showed up to the bar.....in sweat pants and a wifebeater. It's the truth when I say we do NOT keep company. lol

I just sang "It's Raining Men" with him a few times...when I was wasted.

Mumei

HAHA - last time I saw him he showed up to the bar.....in sweat pants and a wifebeater. It's the truth when I say we do NOT keep company. lol

I just sang "It's Raining Men" with him a few times...when I was wasted.

You should come to plug.dj for the latest speculation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom