• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

New Page. New News.

#Diamonds are a stan's best friends

PuLab.gif

SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2012

Written by Sia. Produced by Stargate (Only Girl, What's My Name Rude Boy, Umbrella, Dont Stop The Music) and Benny Blanco (Tik Tok, Teenage Dream, Circus).

LordTTT I can't wait.

chobotqmyuz.gif

I can only imagine how much UK artists are quivering right now. What looked like a docile Fall season has now turned into trouble. Seems like anything could happen at this point.
Clever girl.

So Christina has recorded a new song for here new album called Blank Page. It originally written by Sia for Leona Lewis.

LISTEN TO A SNIPPET OF THE BALLAD SUNG BY SIA
Leona has a knack for rejecting songs that end up doing quite well, "Halo" being the most egregious among them.

Couldn't you say the only reason the song did well was because BEYONCE took it?
Dunno, Leona still had a lot of stateside cache in 2009. After all, "Bleeding Love" was the US #1 digital track of 2008. Plus, 4 has shown that Beyonce isn't beyond a flop or two.

Nonetheless, I'm glad Beyonce got it because those low notes would have been a disaster live for Leona. She's only recently developed her lower register.

royalan

So Christina has recorded a new song for here new album called Blank Page. It originally written by Sia for Leona Lewis.

I didn't even have to listen to know that this would be yet another impressive ballad constructed by the Flawless Sia. But I did to confirm. It is gorgeous, and Christina will no doubt sing it beautifully and with passion.

I'm glad Christina is still working with Sia. Makes the news that Linda Perry isn't contributing to LOTUS a big wad of #neaux1curr. Sia has thoroughly snatched Linda's wig.

Love that Sia is getting so much work these days. Her own albums are amazing (and really, it's about time for a new one) and she's fast becoming the most sought-after songwriter in the business.

So of course it makes sense that the first superstar to work with her was Xtina.
dUNjx.gif

xaosslug

Blank Page was never Leona's song

The demo leaked in May as well; around the time we got official confirmation that Christina and Sia were working again; but there was news that she was working with Leona.

However it was written for Christina and Sia confirmed it herself on twitter.

@SteliosN_1 no it’s for another artist

SOURCE:
http://www.leonalewisdaily.com/2012/...ded-for-leona/

#clarification

Mau ®

So..uh... the X-Factor 2nd episode dropped 23% in viewers.

Ratings Breakdown:
It was the battle of NBC versus Fox last night, with the two tied for first in the overnights (and Fox likely to win among adults 18-49 because of older skewing Rock Center With Brian Williams on NBC). A one-hour edition of The X Factor dominated the 8 p.m. hour, with a 6.4/11 versus a 6.2/10 for the first half of the America’s Got Talent season-ender on NBC. While you have to give The X Factor credit, do keep in mind that the year-ago Thursday opener of the singing competition scored an 8.3/13 (from 8-10 p.m.) on 9/22/11. This is a loss of 23 percent.

Leading out of The X Factor was the fourth season-premiere of Glee at a still respectable (and second-place) 5.6/ 8 in the overnights at 9 p.m. Comparably, this was down by 15 percent from the year-ago season-opener (6.6/10 on Tuesday, 9/20/11), with retention out of the 8:30 p.m. portion of The X Factor (6.7/11) of 84 percent. The prognosis on Fox last night: Down, but far from out.

0XIio.gif

So this whole deal was basically a music video for Scheisse to promote her perfume? Meh... had hoped to hear some nice remixes or something.

I want new material Gaga, not BTW single/song °16.

I'm sure it was Leona's before Glassheart v.1 got delayed for a year and a half and became what it is now. Around the time "Collide" was released, she did an album showcase for the Daily Mail that included discarded tracks "Burn", "Sugar", and yes, "Blank Page." it's the same Blank Page because Dean Piper tweeted the verses and chorus. You can search for the article since I can't link to it.

The only tracks that survived the cut were the two Tedder tracks ("Glassheart" and "Favorite Scar") and "Trouble" but I hope to hear the rest someday :-(

xaosslug

I'm sure it was Leona's before Glassheart v.1 got delayed for a year and a half and became what it is now. Around the time "Collide" was released, she did an album showcase for the Daily Mail that included discarded tracks "Burn", "Sugar", and yes, "Blank Page." it's the same Blank Page because Dean Piper tweeted the verses and chorus. You can search for the article since I can't link to it.

The only tracks that survived the cut were the two Tedder tracks ("Glassheart" and "Favorite Scar") and "Trouble" but I hope to hear the rest someday :-(

i haven't been able to find anything on that, but I did find this:

Update: Sia confirmed via Twitter that 'Blank Page' is intended for another artist. However, when a fan asked her on Twitter:

@Jake279: @siamusic Surely Leona would sing it better than whichever artist you’re giving it to. Will you write another song for Leona then?
Sia replied with:
@jake279 I have
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, the other day I was wondering: which of the two girls made the best ode to their son?

iih0P.jpg

Britney Spears - My Baby

or

Christina Aguilera - All I need

It's a tough call for me personally. I like All I need with the piano and such, but My Baby is just a more heartfelt song. I also find Britney's vocal performance far better than Christina's for a change. Lyrically, they're both quite emotional. All I need has words like these:

Kissing your lips, kissing you top to toe
Wishing for this, hoping for all we know
Hearing you breathe, you leave and return
Oh, how we take, how we give we learn

Britney's My Baby has an equivalent lyric sequence:

Tiny hands, yes that's you
And all you show, it's simply true
I smell your breath,
It makes me cry
I wonder how,
I've lived my life

Both songs have great lyrics, but I think Britney's are slightly better. It's obvious she wrote them herself, while Christina probably got help from Sia. Makes it less genuine imho. So all in all, I'd give the edge to My Baby.

What do you guys think?

royalan

So, the other day I was wondering: which of the two girls made the best ode to their son?

iih0P.jpg

Britney Spears - My Baby

or

It's a tough call for me personally. I like All I need with the piano and such, but My Baby is just a more heartfelt song. I also find Britney's vocal performance far better than Christina's for a change. Lyrically, they're both quite emotional. All I need has words like these:

I smell your breath,
It makes me cry
I wonder how,
I've lived my life

Both songs have great lyrics, but I think Britney's are slightly better. It's obvious she wrote them herself, while Christina probably got help from Sia. Makes it less genuine imho. So all in all, I'd give the edge to My Baby.

What do you guys think?

"I smell your breath,
It makes me cry."

The corniness of that one line makes this not even a contest lyrically. Britney may have written that herself, but maybe she should have gotten a little help.

Both songs are good, but fan bias aside I prefer Christina's. Lyrically the song is much better constructed without diving into the depths of swiss cheese "My Baby" goes to. Christina also has a better, more nuanced vocal than Britney.

EDIT:

"I'll feed you love, and I hope it's enough
to inspire you through suffering, holding you up."

Pretty much describes the desires of all loving mothers.

Kyon

Banned
So..uh... the X-Factor 2nd episode dropped 23% in viewers.

0XIio.gif

No it didn't. Read it again.

It won for its time slot. Was consistent with the numbers from yesterday.

EDIT: GROSS why would you even like both songs? Both boring messes. Especially my baby it remains SKIPPEDT

xaosslug

iih0P.jpg

Britney Spears - My Baby

or

I smell your breath,
It makes me cry
I wonder how,
I've lived my life

What do you guys think?

what about Someday and Little Dreamer? Both are superior, IMO.

Kyon

Banned
<3

It's not like anyone is here for the SHOW tbh I never was cause I never curred about it till now. UK Xfactor is the only talent show I actually watch. Sometimes The Voice Australia

iih0P.jpg

Britney Spears - My Baby

or

I smell your breath,
It makes me cry
I wonder how,
I've lived my life

What do you guys think?
Whitney's was best tho. So much ;_;

Mau ®

Superior Robyn is gonna be on the cover of American Vogue for a second time

It's a big day for me!!! I'm shooting my SECOND AMERICAN #VOGUE COVER and it's with none other than thee Annie Leibovitz again! #VogueLife

Her first cover was amazing. Cant wait.

Lining up the promo for #DiamondsEra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom