• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Where do you find this stuff, Aguila?
One does not find the Dalai Lana. She comes to you.

iwv2Knj1WkIO0.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Where do you find this stuff, Aguila?

Twitter :)

Like, just now, I found her Blue Velvet H&M commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVT-hviksXg&feature=youtu.be&a

btw, this song will be available as a promotional single on the 18th for iTunes and 25th for Amazon.

Damn, she still has the charisma of a long-lost wooden spoon that you find behind the oven.

I thought she had training?

Her singing has gotten slightly better, though.

lol whatever. Poland loves ha.

u0dtj.png

Majmun

Don't get me wrong. I love her.

I love her music, I love her voice and I love her look. But she still looks so lost on the podium. I can't find anything of star quality in her performances. Which is a shame.
She needs to loosen up, or something. I dunno.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Don't get me wrong. I love her.

I love her music, I love her voice and I love her look. But she still looks so lost on the podium. I can't find anything of star quality in her performances. Which is a shame.
She needs to loosen up, or something. I dunno.

Oh. Yeah, I understand and she knows it too. That's why she wants to quit doing what she's doing to work on film music ;_;

Artemisia

Banned
it really is a dream come true for a stan like me to have an artist they don't like get out of the music business.

Bye lana.

28alt1wdwu7p.gif

You'll be missed.
no

royalan

Anyways my city's station has Your Body on power rotation

I was about to buy it(with my free Amazon $5 credit) but its not out till Sept 17, mess
ibb2H8IErAEVE3.gif

I'm nervous ;__;

I'm glad the single is on radio, but I'm afraid her iTunes sales won't be as explosive as they could be because people won't be able to buy it RIGHT after they hear it and are slayed. :(

Also, ITZ, is it a good or bad thing that she sent the single to radio on a Friday? Come on! I need your peen the stats!!!

i haven't been able to find anything on that, but I did find this:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Found the article. Turns out it was The Guardian, not Daily Fail.

You should all read the whole thing. It's an amazing piece, fantastic journalism.

The Guardian said:
We adjourn downstairs to the recording studio where assembled "people" (PR, A&R man, vocal engineer) make jokes, much to Leona's mirth, about tiny LA dogs wearing dinosaur-shaped coats.

Suddenly, a voice shimmers throughout the room. Leona, as if beamed through a Star Trek transporter, is now barely visible behind a charcoal vocal booth curtain, singing a song no one has mentioned, a soaring reverie over mournful piano and strings, called Blank Page.

"I am a blaaaaaank page," she serenades, a soul-bending power lilt somewhere between Sinéad O'Connor and Barbra Streisand, "waiting for life to start." It might just do for Leona what Someone Like You has done for Adele. Confronted by the force of this year's other Hackney Heroine there's no talk here, any more, of Hollywood hounds in jerkins. Instead: total silence. Other than the sound of a reporter's ruined mascara descending towards the floor.
She sang it so beautifully that it reduced the writer to tears. But still, I can't imagine Leona matching Sia's raspy rawness, nor can Xtina. So I hope Sia keeps it for herself, because the only other singer I can imagine doing it justice is (surprisingly) Gaga, and she'd never record a track so somber.

#glassheart2012worlddomination

Bladenic

You should all read the whole thing. It's an amazing piece, fantastic journalism.

She sang it so beautifully that it reduced the writer to tears. But still, I can't imagine Leona matching Sia's raspy rawness, nor can Xtina. So I hope Sia keeps it for herself, because the only other singer I can imagine doing it justice is (surprisingly) Gaga, and she'd never record a track so somber.

ic8MrylAdWrS.gif

tumblr_lz970quf9H1qm94k3.jpg

No, it's #glassheart2012worlddomination. Oh, and read the article, people.

It's quite revealing of Leona's personality and one of the best profile pieces I've ever read. Though it's funny that the album got delayed right when it was released :p

When will your fave merit such high-class journalism?

ibyiNBMTrgKgNA.jpg

royalan

I actually disagree, not just over my fave, but Leona too. I think they'd both clobber Gaga on a Sia ballad.

Hidden underneath that trademark raspiness Sia's got some great range and excellent emotive timing, two things Gaga struggles with. Not to mention I don't think she could handle the tender moments Sia loves in her songs (can you imagine Gaga pulling off the "And we-e-e-e-eeee had magic" in Xtina's "You Lost Me"? But I'm sure Leona could).

Majmun

Mika has some song which are fun. But I don't think I could listen to a whole album of his.

Big Girl is awesome

-edit

OMG this is my 10000th post and it's about frikkin Mika -_____________________________________________________-

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
A couple of days ago, Popjustice announced the shortlist for the 2012 Twenty Quid Music Prize, 'Celebrating amazingness in the field of the British pop single.'

http://www.popjustice.com/twentyquidmusicprize/

Girls Aloud have won 5 out of the 9 times the prize has been held, obviously.

They are, with personal faves bolded:

Lawson - Taking Over Me
Little Mix - Wings
Marina and the Diamonds - Power & Control
Nero - Promises
Olly Murs - Heart Skips A Beat
One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
Rizzle Kicks - Down With The Trumpets
Rudimental - Feel The Love
Saint Etienne - Tonight
Siobahn Dillon - Powerless
The Saturdays - All Fired Up (if this is any idea of the kind of thing that GA's comeback might sound, it will SLAY, classic Xenomania, just chorus after chorus stitched together into one 3 minute slayathon)
Will Young - Jealousy

They've also created a Spotify playlist, so that some of you poor third worlders can listen to all the great singles you've missed out on this year:

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
You should link to some of his songs.

Is that him in your avatar?

That's actually me, hahaha.

I guess I'll drop some of my favorites here, then:

Relax (Take It Easy)

By the Time (feat. Imogen Heap)
Touches You
Grace Kelly
Ring Ring
Billy Brown
Make You Happy

Life in Cartoon Motion is so damn feel-good. Haven't heard any of Mika's other albums, though.

You should! All three of them are just as glorious as Life in Cartoon Motion.

Mika has some song which are fun. But I don't think I could listen to a whole album of his.

Big Girl is awesome

You could!

Trigger

Jazz would have been the better venue for Mariah to transition her career tbh. Her skill and voice would be given more emphasis. I don't feel like modern pop and R&B really appreciate her abilities.

So Your Body is pretty much the demo but with louder vocals.

Ok.

The remix that was posted earlier needs to come out and slay.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The remix that was posted earlier needs to come out and slay.

Muumuse (the blog it was posted on) said it was 'Til The World Ends' good. I am HERE for it.

Also this gold:

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/09/legendtina-premieres-your-body-no-bodies-safe.html/#more-33142

Friday morning. The studio of The Voice is empty, dark and silent–until a cackle pierces the air.

A voluptuous blonde wearing a crown and a studded diaper sits silently at her red swivel chair, surveying the newspaper she stole from outside. “‘The Voice Beats X Factor Premiere,’ do you hear that?” she announces toward the hog-tied Nielsen ratings representative sitting in the audience.

“I have a family, miss. Please, I beg of you. Haven’t I done enough?” he pleads, his face covered in lipstick stains.

“SILENCE, LESSER!” she barks.

“Just–please. Just tell me who you are. And what is a Mi Reflejo?”

Legendtina’s talons tighten around her Doritos Locos Taco Supreme in her other hand. “I THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW MY NAME!” she howls, throwing her half-eaten taco at his face.

She takes out her pink Razr–bedazzled with the word “Legendtina”–from her studded diaper and checks the time: 9 AM.

“Yes…YES, YES!” she howls with delight and jumps to her feet. The too-tanned homosexual must be premiering her song any minute now, she realizes.

That’s right, it’s finally here: The real, official, final version of Legendtina’s “Your Body” has emancipated itself from the Christina Aguilera By Day-shaped genie bottle it’s been hiding in for months on Ryan Seacrest this morning.

And just like that, global domination begins.

If you’re not already familiar, I’ve crafted a helpful guide to understanding the slay-worthy Max Martin & Shellback-produced tune.

Is your body ready to get FUCKED? (Well, “loved”–but we all know that the dirrty version is vastly superior.)

[edit]OMG I CANNOT

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/09/a-co...endtinas-your-body.html/#.UEuObQzEDg4.twitter

Slide01.jpg

Slide08.jpg

Slide11.jpg

"PHOENIXTINA RISINGUILERA" #rip #rip #cremated #danceflooratthewake

So this Carly Rae Jepsen album...it's like a slice of Disney fairytale lollipop gumdrop pie (drizzled in rainbow icing, of course). Carly must have drunk the blood of 1000 virgins to pull this off.

ic5X6v8wozh8l.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Uh, so I'm listening to Carly Rae Jespen's latest here...

And it's really good :O

I've underestimated her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom