• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Well, she didn't beg Rihanna, so I'd say no.

ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

The fact that I can't tell if this is shade or not...

ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

Fry

I don't think Taylor looks all that with straight hair; she was the prettiest girl in the business with her old hair though. I miss it.

Mumei

Speaking of funny...did you guys see this? ;)

I swear next time I sing happy birthday to someone I'm doing it just like this. Runs and all. lol

Roy, have you seen this? I came across them a few weeks ago and was pretty surprised. Yeah, she's probably going for a bigger tone than she should there, but she's still a far sight better than I would have expected. I've also seen clips of her sustaining E5s in the MMC. They weren't good, but they seemed like they could be in her respectable range with training.

I mean, I had known that her singing voice is not her singing voice:

Rami Yacoub who co-produced Spears's debut album with lyricist Max Martin, commented, "I know from Denniz Pop and Max's previous productions, when we do songs, there's kind of a nasal thing. With N' Sync and the Backstreet Boys, we had to push for that mid-nasal voice. When Britney did that, she got this kind of raspy, sexy voice."​

But it's better than I expected.

(And yes, I am grading her on a curve relative to expectations here)

I only reminded it 34 times yesterday LMFAO
Voice of an angel tbh your faves just can't.

#Crying

EDIT: EAUX just noticed you posted an off screen version lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_XVSpddIU4

Most certainly can!

Peru

looool new highs of pressedness as the hate brigade here realize an international k-pop hit is actually happening. Precious! Have to be a real sad fuck to hate on PSY.

Trigger

looool new highs of pressedness as the hate brigade here realize an international k-pop hit is actually happening. Precious! Have to be a real sad fuck to hate on PSY.

Girl's Generation should be the Korean sensation that takes over America. PSY and his silly dance will be forgotten in six months from now.

Y7mm9.gif

"I smell your breath,
It makes me cry."

The corniness of that one line makes this not even a contest lyrically. Britney may have written that herself, but maybe she should have gotten a little help.

Both songs are good, but fan bias aside I prefer Christina's. Lyrically the song is much better constructed without diving into the depths of swiss cheese "My Baby" goes to. Christina also has a better, more nuanced vocal than Britney.

EDIT:

"I'll feed you love, and I hope it's enough
to inspire you through suffering, holding you up."

Pretty much describes the desires of all loving mothers.

what about Someday and Little Dreamer? Both are superior, IMO.

Whitney's was best tho. So much ;_;
D'aaaw, I commend you guys for giving serious answers to what was an obvious troll post from me.

My Baby is tuuurrrible. "I smell your breath, it makes me cry"? Oh Lawd. The mere idea of comparing that filth to All I Need is criminal.

Majmun

The quality is definitely better now. But her vocals are put too much forward, overshadowing the music. It's like you're in the studio, or something.

Her vocals in the leaked version had this great echo like effect. Maybe I'll just have to get used to it...

royalan

That's different tho.

In that interview Xtina specifically says she doesn't have a problem with auto-tune used creatively - i.e. trying to create a specific effect. She uses it on Bionic to achieve that electro-robotic sound that she was going for.

The only thing I can fault her for is that what she describes technically isn't auto-tune. Her voice isn't being autoficially modified to hit a note or stay on key (which is what things like auto-tune and pitch correction are for). What she's describing is really just using creative filters on your vocals. A lot of people confuse the two.

Love how she kept it cute though. Insisting that auto tune is only ok for creative usage and not as a crutch for bad singing, yet not calling anyone out specifically. My fave always keeps it so cute BUT OMG SHE'S SUCH A BITCH!

royalan

People who know more about tracking radio please feel free to #CLOCK me if this isn't impressive, but I'm seeing it all over my twitter feed that Your Body had first-day radio impressions of about 10 million!!!

I'm gonna be happy anyway even though I'm not completely sure if this is a good or bad thing. lol

4ti6k.gif

ibinzj7nYbyD87.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
People who know more about tracking radio please feel free to #CLOCK me if this isn't impressive, but I'm seeing it all over my twitter feed that Your Body had first-day radio impressions of about 10 million!!!

I'm gonna be happy anyway even though I'm not completely sure if this is a good or bad thing. lol

Its not impressive since she has radio deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom