• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Yes so it...

ibinzj7nYbyD87.gif
ibinzj7nYbyD87.gif
ibinzj7nYbyD87.gif

3phemeral

That's different tho.

In that interview Xtina specifically says she doesn't have a problem with auto-tune used creatively - i.e. trying to create a specific effect. She uses it on Bionic to achieve that electro-robotic sound that she was going for.

The only thing I can fault her for is that what she describes technically isn't auto-tune. Her voice isn't being autoficially modified to hit a note or stay on key (which is what things like auto-tune and pitch correction are for). What she's describing is really just using creative filters on your vocals. A lot of people confuse the two.

Love how she kept it cute though. Insisting that auto tune is only ok for creative usage and not as a crutch for bad singing, yet not calling anyone out specifically. My fave always keeps it so cute BUT OMG SHE'S SUCH A BITCH!
I'm mostly messing with you. :)

Mau ®

Yasss she better stan!!!

And yes Christina's opening radio AI is impressive. Not as impressive as Taylor's though. That shit was crazy, radio deal or not. What was also impressive is that it managed to had legs on radio. Most songs like that fizzle out super fast.

Mau ®

The Farmer that cockblocked the "We Found Love" video shoot has congratulated Rihanna for the VMA win lol lol lol

A farmer who stopped Rihanna filming a raunchy scene on his farm for her single We Found Love has congratulated the singer after the video scooped a top award.

Rihanna won MTV's Video of the Year award for We Found Love, which was partially filmed on Alan Graham's farm last year, in Bangor, County Down.

The video features shots of the singer running half naked through his field of wheat at Coach Hill Farm, before he stopped the filming on moral grounds.

Rihanna was shooting the scene topless when Mr Graham famously interrupted her, telling her it was "inappropriate".

The pop star shook hands with Mr Graham after he stopped the filming, before they parted on good terms.

According to Mr Graham, she spoke highly of him afterwards, saying: "He was great".

However, contrary to reports in national newspapers at the time, Mr Graham maintains that he did not asked Rihanna to cover up, or to "find God".

Mr Graham said he did not hold any grudge against Rihanna and sincerely congratulated her on her latest award.

"I'm 62 years old, pop music is not really my thing, but she was very mannerly, I respect her, and almost care for her," he added.

"I had reservations - and still do – about women being used as a commodity. She took her top completely off and at that point I found it completely inappropriate and asked her to stop.

"I could see no bikini top as people alleged she was wearing."

Also Rihanna was seen entering the recording studio to work with Pharrell Williams

sep14-la.jpg

I don't know, all those people I linked to had talent, or at least unique tones (like Rihanna)

Not even PHAROAH-ell can pretty up that Hannah Montana pig tbh
9f1de191.gif

EDIT: Looks like "Blank Page" (Leona's version) is about to leak. Its duration is 4:19.

Bladenic

The Leona video is actually pretty well done. Good for her.

In more relevant news, I just beat ME3. Beautiful ending, got teary eyed, your faves cannot, GOTY2012.

tumblr_lz970quf9H1qm94k3.jpg

Never played the game, but I thought everyone hated the ending
5zvrU.png

Anyway, exciting news: If Leona goes top five with "Trouble" (and she will), she'll break the record for most Top 5 hits by a female artist (UK of course). Currently, she's tied with Olivia Newton John with seven Top 5's.

tumblr_maei1fhBLm1rp3a4ho2_250.gif

Bladenic

Never played the game, but I thought everyone hated the ending
5zvrU.png

Anyway, exciting news: If Leona goes top five with "Trouble" (and she will), she'll break the record for most Top 5 hits by a female artist (UK of course). Currently, she's tied with Olivia Newton John with seven Top 5's.

I actually don't get the hate.

And I never knew Leona had slayed the UK that hard. Now let's see if she can make a US comeback.

Bladenic

You liked the ending?

Wow. Your taste is so flawed.

Okay first of all, you fucking stan FFXIII, so don't come at me for flawed taste.

Second had I played without the extended cut I may have felt differently, but the choice I made and the outcome was just fine to me.

211qvyuvdclt3ctn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom