• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
And it's not like there's anything else of worth releasing on Monday.

irLdJM4BsRXPx.gif

Only the sex anthem of our generation.

iXV9Ag90yOEPJ.gif

THE PAST TWO WEEKS IN POP.
(September 16, 2012)
--------------------------------------------------------
Previously:
August 11, 2012
August 19, 2012
August 26, 2012
September 2, 2012

Now, this post was a giant STRUGGLE to make. So you hussies will CLICK on every picture, LISTEN to every song, and ENJOY it.

itu2QSwytKJkO.gif

Azealia thanks you for your time.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I've been listening to On Your Radar solidly for the past couple of days. All Fired Up slays SO HARD it deserved to do so much better. It quite makes me want RiRi to do a Xenomania track.

I am so here for The Sats' next single too.

TBH tho they were only ever filling a gap while we waited for the return of The Almighty Aloud..

Trigger

I really like The Boys. I may have to stop shading Nicki if she keeps slaying me like this. I may also have to join the Navy if Rih smashes hard Monday. I'm expecting good things.

I have been listening to This Kiss and I like it. I don't want to like Carly, dammit.

w9f2m.png

All a part of the plan.

EgJTv.gif

Kyon

Banned
People like Keith and Mariah are the only ones who deserve to be judges. They been in the game forever and idk how Nicki and Demi managed to be judges. They haven't done ANYTHING. But I like Nicki so I guess that's that

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But will Middle America?

I mean, the show started off pretty diverse...

american-idol-winners.jpg

But since S7 the winners have been so similar that I can't even tell them apart. Can you?

73740.png

That's kind of hilarious. A couple of years ago X Factor produced a bloke with a guitar and the general consensus is that it was a total misstep for the series. The season that also produced One Direction and Cher Lloyd, who have gone on to some success, but Matt Cardle is a total #hew that not even the 'serious music fans' who voted for him care for.

Trigger

It's no different here really. All the WGWG have met varying levels of flop. I don't think any of them have much success.

EDIT- Though it may take a fourth WGWG to flop before America realizes we've made a mistake.

Mau ®

1. ELLIE GOULDING - Lights: 138.831 (− 3.135)
2. PINK - Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 132.667 (+ 1.897)
3. FLO RIDA - Whistle: 126.690 (− 0.561)
4. KATY PERRY - Wide Awake: 123.843 (− 1.316)
5. NEON TREES - Everybody Talks: 116.018 (+ 0.474)
6. TAYLOR SWIFT - We Are Never Ever Getting…: 113.713 (+ 1.190)
7. DEMI LOVATO - Give Your Heart A Break: 104.573 (− 1.055)
8. MAROON 5 - One More Night: 103.760 (+ 2.109)
9. JUSTIN BIEBER - As Long As You Love Me: 102.260 (+ 2.122)
10. MAROON 5 - Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 96.377 (− 2.124)
11. DAVID GUETTA - Titanium f/Sia: 93.298 (− 3.058)
12. GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know: 91.816 (− 0.138)
13. FUN. - Some Nights: 89.586 (+ 1.974)
14. RIHANNA - Where Have You Been: 89.055 (− 1.421)
15. OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Good Time: 88.589 (+ 2.291) BIGGEST UPDATE
16. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 81.799 (− 0.971)
17. NICKI MINAJ - Pound The Alarm: 77.959 (+ 1.568)
18. ALEX CLARE - Too Close: 75.131 (+ 1.583)

19. KANYE WEST - Mercy f/Big Sean/Pusha T…: 66.920 (+ 0.130)
20. CHRIS BROWN - Don’t Wake Me Up: 64.386 (+ 1.654)

HUNTER HAYES - Wanted: 61.768 (+ 0.367)
JOSH TURNER - Time Is Love: 61.429 (+ 0.125)
USHER - Scream: 57.732 (− 0.591)
JASON ALDEAN - Take A Little Ride: 56.991 (+ 0.965)
MIGUEL - Adorn: 52.312 (+ 0.892)
JASON MRAZ - I Won’t Give Up: 48.122 (− 0.182)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD - Blown Away: 45.726 (+ 0.915)
NE-YO - Let Me Love You: 43.020 (+ 1.145)
TRAIN - 50 Ways To Say Goodbye: 40.685 (+ 1.148)

DAVID GUETTA - I Can Only Imagine f/C. Brown: 39.609 (+ 0.619)
MATCHBOX TWENTY - She’s So Mean: 30.136 (+ 0.101)
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Finally Found You f/S. Adams: 29.460 (+ 1.684)
KARMIN - Hello: 28.383 (+ 0.434)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS - Home: 27.839 (+ 0.702)
BEYONCE - Dance For You: 21.065 (+ 0.389)
ONEREPUBLIC - Feel Again: 16.985 (+ 1.030)
PSY - Gangnam Style: 16.085 (+ 2.193)
KANYE WEST - Clique f/Big Sean & JAY-Z: 14.461 (+ 1.058)
OLLY MURS - Heart Skips A Beat: 13.974 (+ 0.295)
CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Your Body: 12.850 (+ 1.902)
MUMFORD & SONS - I Will Wait: 12.690 (+ 0.220)
USHER - Numb: 12.313
ALICIA KEYS - Girl On Fire: 11.768 (+ 1.696)
MUSE - Madness: 11.270 (+ 0.081)

ITZ's notes

+ Your Body registers an 80% drop in airplay from debut to second day. Not an actual decrease mind you. I dont quite know how RCA ironed out a radio deal but it seems to only have lasted for a day. I wouldnt worry though as it could be beneficial for the in the sense that it wont register big rolling effect drops in the next week.

+ Alicia Keys could be gearing up for a comeback with "Girl On Fire". The song has been registering 1M+ updates ever since release. A slow burner, for sure.

+ The battle for #1 on the Hot 100 will be between Maroon 5, Flo Rida and Taylor Swift. I dont know if Taylor has made her song available for streaming which could be pivotal in deciding if it gets #1 or not.

Styles

BMR has no intention of putting WANEGBT onto streaming... I think the battle will be between OMN and WANEGBT more like, since Flo has peaked both in Airplay and sales. My vote goes to OMN for the number 1, unfortunately. Adam will be very happy.

Mau ®

BMR has no intention of putting WANEGBT onto streaming... I think the battle will be between OMN and WANEGBT more like, since Flo has peaked both in Airplay and sales. My vote goes to OMN for the number 1, unfortunately. Adam will be very happy.

Yeah but Flo Rida is still leading with radio and streaming. Its #6 on itunes which aint that bad tbh.

I think theyre all very close.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm not pressed at all if I didn't watch it O__o
So I have no real opinion about it.

Sorry sis dont come for Gaga on a weekend night and dont use the word pretentious for everything she does since it doens't make sense just like the word reductive

Also it took the magic of alcohol to make me like WANEGBT

xaosslug

apparently Britney stans are distributing DL links for Your Body via forums/twitter/tumblr/facebook, in an effort to take a bite out of iTunes sales come Monday... talk about pressed bitches...

yeDVW.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
apparently Britney stans are distributing DL links for Your Body via forums/twitter/tumblr/facebook, in an effort to take a bite out of iTunes sales come Monday... talk about pressed bitches...

Every stanbase does this, the Britney stans where also spreading BTW links when it came out and the Monsters started spreading FF links in retaliation

It's stupid

Ties

Banned

yeDVW.gif
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Why attempt to forestall something from achieving the unachievable?
iI4v0eoKruUti.gif

Mau ®

The next MDNA single is SUPERSTAR!!!

According MTV Brazil, Queen of pop Madonna remains interested in promoting her twelfth studio album “MDNA” released on 23 March this year. After promoting the singles “Give Me All Your Luvin’“, “Girl Gone Wild” and “Turn Up the Radio“, is confirmed as the next and fourth official single from the album will be “Superstar“. The song, co-written by Michael Malih and Indiigo will be released to promote her “MDNA Tour” in Latin America later this year.
MTV confirms:
“Graphic designers, attention! Madonna will choose a Brazilian professional to do the cover for her new single, Superstar, to be Launched Later This Year.
A workshop will be done in São Paulo for 30 students. In December, MDNA When She Brings Tour to the country, Madonna will choose the Work That will be the cover for a Limited Edition of the CD. “

The trolling continues
dfiodsfds.gif

I LOOOVEEE superstar tho. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom