• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Born To Die has reached platinum status in Poland!

3711_276270205817426_791765088_n.jpg

Also, "Ride" has been confirmed as a track for Paradise by Rick Nowels on his Twitter. He did not produce it but he did produce three other tracks for it. On BTD Rick Nowels produced Summertime Sadness, Dark Paradise, and Lucky Ones.

I hope Ride is released soon since she already finished the video for it.
iuVGqNVB3iaJz.gif
iuVGqNVB3iaJz.gif
iuVGqNVB3iaJz.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The next MDNA single is SUPERSTAR!!!

The trolling continues
dfiodsfds.gif

I LOOOVEEE superstar tho. lol

This has to be a joke. Superstar is one of the worst tracks on MDNA.

idk why she is continuing to bother with releasing singles, is anybody here for them? I can't remember if TUTR even charted.

[edit]175 on the UK chart. #FlopOnTheRadio

Ties

Banned
Madonna is so thirsty for a smash hit this era it is unbelievable. She should just stop releasing singles once she releases the Gang Bang video and just continue onwards with ha tour.

Lana smashes everywhere in the world but the US and it's actually sort of depressing because the girl has such an interesting image and vision. Hopefully she smashes once she releases the re-release of BTD tbh.

Also in other news:
Is that Elton?

royalan

1. ELLIE GOULDING - Lights: 138.831 (− 3.135)
2. PINK - Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 132.667 (+ 1.897)
3. FLO RIDA - Whistle: 126.690 (− 0.561)
4. KATY PERRY - Wide Awake: 123.843 (− 1.316)
5. NEON TREES - Everybody Talks: 116.018 (+ 0.474)
6. TAYLOR SWIFT - We Are Never Ever Getting…: 113.713 (+ 1.190)
7. DEMI LOVATO - Give Your Heart A Break: 104.573 (− 1.055)
8. MAROON 5 - One More Night: 103.760 (+ 2.109)
9. JUSTIN BIEBER - As Long As You Love Me: 102.260 (+ 2.122)
10. MAROON 5 - Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 96.377 (− 2.124)
11. DAVID GUETTA - Titanium f/Sia: 93.298 (− 3.058)
12. GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know: 91.816 (− 0.138)
13. FUN. - Some Nights: 89.586 (+ 1.974)
14. RIHANNA - Where Have You Been: 89.055 (− 1.421)
15. OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Good Time: 88.589 (+ 2.291) BIGGEST UPDATE
16. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 81.799 (− 0.971)
17. NICKI MINAJ - Pound The Alarm: 77.959 (+ 1.568)
18. ALEX CLARE - Too Close: 75.131 (+ 1.583)

19. KANYE WEST - Mercy f/Big Sean/Pusha T…: 66.920 (+ 0.130)
20. CHRIS BROWN - Don’t Wake Me Up: 64.386 (+ 1.654)

HUNTER HAYES - Wanted: 61.768 (+ 0.367)
JOSH TURNER - Time Is Love: 61.429 (+ 0.125)
USHER - Scream: 57.732 (− 0.591)
JASON ALDEAN - Take A Little Ride: 56.991 (+ 0.965)
MIGUEL - Adorn: 52.312 (+ 0.892)
JASON MRAZ - I Won’t Give Up: 48.122 (− 0.182)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD - Blown Away: 45.726 (+ 0.915)
NE-YO - Let Me Love You: 43.020 (+ 1.145)
TRAIN - 50 Ways To Say Goodbye: 40.685 (+ 1.148)

DAVID GUETTA - I Can Only Imagine f/C. Brown: 39.609 (+ 0.619)
MATCHBOX TWENTY - She’s So Mean: 30.136 (+ 0.101)
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Finally Found You f/S. Adams: 29.460 (+ 1.684)
KARMIN - Hello: 28.383 (+ 0.434)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS - Home: 27.839 (+ 0.702)
BEYONCE - Dance For You: 21.065 (+ 0.389)
ONEREPUBLIC - Feel Again: 16.985 (+ 1.030)
PSY - Gangnam Style: 16.085 (+ 2.193)
KANYE WEST - Clique f/Big Sean & JAY-Z: 14.461 (+ 1.058)
OLLY MURS - Heart Skips A Beat: 13.974 (+ 0.295)
CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Your Body: 12.850 (+ 1.902)
MUMFORD & SONS - I Will Wait: 12.690 (+ 0.220)
USHER - Numb: 12.313
ALICIA KEYS - Girl On Fire: 11.768 (+ 1.696)
MUSE - Madness: 11.270 (+ 0.081)

ITZ's notes

+ Your Body registers an 80% drop in airplay from debut to second day. Not an actual decrease mind you. I dont quite know how RCA ironed out a radio deal but it seems to only have lasted for a day. I wouldnt worry though as it could be beneficial for the in the sense that it wont register big rolling effect drops in the next week.

+ Alicia Keys could be gearing up for a comeback with "Girl On Fire". The song has been registering 1M+ updates ever since release. A slow burner, for sure.

+ The battle for #1 on the Hot 100 will be between Maroon 5, Flo Rida and Taylor Swift. I dont know if Taylor has made her song available for streaming which could be pivotal in deciding if it gets #1 or not.

ITZ I'm confused. You're saying she had an 80% drop but over at ATRL they're saying her audience impressions are at 12 million for day 2, which is up from the 10 million day 1.

Are these two different numbers? Am I reading this wrong? ;__;

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ITZ I'm confused. You're saying she had an 80% drop but over at ATRL they're saying her audience impressions are at 12 million for day 2, which is up from the 10 million day 1.

On friday it gained 10.something million, yesterday it gained 1.902
bringing its total for the week to 12.850

Aguila

#ICONIC
Madonna is still trying with MDNA...

Lana smashes everywhere in the world but the US and it's actually sort of depressing because the girl has such an interesting image and vision. Hopefully she smashes once she releases the re-release of BTD tbh.

I know! It makes it especially more strange to see this happen when all of her music and style revolves around American imagery and symbolisms.

Mau ®

Oh nope I meant the song had a 80% decrease of spins from day 1 to day 2. Its didnt drop in AI. It would be impossible to drop in AI in the first week. 12.850 is the correct number

CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Your Body: 12.850 (+ 1.902)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
MuuMuse slays me. From the rumbles earlier in the year about Xtina recording with Xenomania:

Imagine, if you can, a world where a Xenomania/Christina Aguilera collaboration exists. Consider the quality of a Girls Aloud song–in all of its ridiculous lyricism and hooks for days–as oversung by a legend. Think of “Graffiti My Soul,” “Life Got Cold,” or even “Can’t Speak French” performed by the almighty Burlesque songstress, she of #161 UK 2008 chart-bottoming smash “Genie 2.0.”

Can you even? I certainly can’t.

royalan

...Did this chick really just say "Most important Popstar in the WORLD along with Michael Jackson and Beyonce"??

Of all the people to put in the ICONIC TIER, she goes and says Beyonce???

I'm not even shading right now (because Christina ain't there either), but Beyonce isn't even CLOSE to being on that level. Not YET.

Ugh, these CHILDREN.

-10 respect for Grimes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
...Did this chick really just say "Most important Popstar in the WORLD along with Michael Jackson and Beyonce"??

Of all the people to put in the ICONIC TIER, she goes and says Beyonce???

I'm not even shading right now (because Christina ain't there either), but Beyonce isn't even CLOSE to being on that level. Not YET.

Ugh, these CHILDREN.

-10 respect for Grimes.

I thought that was a bit weird too. She could have said The Beatles instead.

Majmun

Beyonce definitely belongs in the Iconic tier.

People don't understand how respected she is in the music industry.

She has all the the ingredients for an Icon. She's very talented, looks smoking hot and can perform like a beast. She's been running the game since she was 16 years old. How many modern pop artist can say that to themselseves??

NONE
ib1b8zO1Z17Xio.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

She has all the the ingredients for an Icon. She's very talented, looks smoking hot and can perform like a beast. She's been running the game since she was 16 years old. How many modern pop artist can say that to themselseves??

NONE
ib1b8zO1Z17Xio.gif

Sis Beyonce is obviously a hero but she is not in the same tier as Madonna or MJ.

Trigger

NONE

tumblr_m9134hUsfb1rry9ec.gif

royalan

NONE
ib1b8zO1Z17Xio.gif

Ummm...How about:

The Beatles
Prince
Mariah Carey
Celine Dion
Rihanna
bhuHH.gif

Lady Gaga (who has BY FAR had the biggest cultural impact of any modern Pop star....for better or worse
worse
)
Hell, even Britney Spears

All acts that are more iconic and have just plain achieved more than Bey-on-my-way-to-jail-for-plagiarism-cey, and even a few people in the above list I wouldn't say have earned a spot in the LEGENDARY LANE.

She ain't there yet, sweets. And until she stops ripping off other artists wholesale she never will be.

Bladenic

Sis Beyonce is obviously a hero but she is not in the same tier as MJ.

Ummm...How about:

The Beatles
Prince
Mariah Carey
Celine Dion
Lady Gaga (who has BY FAR had the most cultural impact of any modern Pop star....for better or worse
worse
)

All acts that are more iconic and have just plain achieved more than Bey-on-my-way-to-jail-for-plagiarism-cey, and even a few people in the above list I wouldn't say have earned a spot in the LEGENDARY LANE.

She ain't there yet, sweets. And until she stops ripping off other artists wholesale she never will be.

family-guy-vomit.gif

Majmun

I'm sure that if you'd ask current celebrities, probably all of them would say that Beyonce is the only modern popstar that could end up like MJ and The Hag.

Even Lady Gaga stans for her. Hell, who doesn't stan for her in the music industry???

Mariah definitely belongs there too.

Celine isn't really POP, is she?

And lol at Britney, Rihanna and Lady Fada mentions.

Ties

Banned
I'm sure that if you'd ask current celebrities, probably all of them would say that Beyonce is the only modern popstar that could end up like MJ and The Hag.

Even Lady Gaga stans for her. Hell, who doesn't stan for her in the music industry???

Mariah defeintely belongs there too.

iyNT4sChjV3cU.png

Bladenic

Trigger

zZ3gG.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Sis if Beyonce were gonna end up like Madonna/MJ we'd know it by now.

I'd say Kylie would be a bigger pop icon than Beyonce if she'd properly broken the US.

Mau ®

Ummm...How about:

The Beatles
Prince
Mariah Carey
Celine Dion
Rihanna
bhuHH.gif

Lady Gaga (who has BY FAR had the biggest cultural impact of any modern Pop star....for better or worse
worse
)

veuMu.gif

Did you just (in Roy's backhanded kinda way) just say Rih is on her way to be Iconic?

Majmun

Britney is definitely a bigger icon than Gaga.

Hell, remember when the Lady Gaga fans went nuts after 99cents This Way was totally different than The Fame albums?? Some are still shading her to this day. If Artpop is another disappointment, her "icon" status will be on the line.

Gaga still has to prove her longevity.

royalan

Well sis you can lol, but Britney and Lady Gag-me have had more cultural impact than Beyonce, and Beyonce needs to watch her back because after 4 flopping Rihanna's well on her way to passing her up. She's already more of a style icon than Beyonce ever was.

I agree that Beyonce has all the parts of an icon (she's gorgeous, incredibly talented, successful, and driven as FUCK). But I think that if Beyonce wants to be an icon she needs to start being more ICONIC. Start being bolder and more original. Start thinking BIGGER and stop pinching pennies on her career.

Gaga still has to prove her longevity.

I very much agree with this.

Mau ®

I went to Kylie's Aphrodite tour.

It was the gayest thing I've ever witnessed. Not just the show (which was amazing) but also the audience. 14,000 gays all under the same roof. LorT.

Majmun

Well sis you can lol, but Britney and Lady Gag-me have had more cultural impact than Beyonce, and Beyonce needs to watch her back because after 4 flopping Rihanna's well on her way to passing her up. She's already more of a style icon than Beyonce ever was.

I agree that Beyonce has all the part of an icon (she's gorgeous, incredibly talented, successful, and driven as FUCK). But I think that if Beyonce wants to be an icon she needs to start being more ICONIC. Start being bolder and more original. Start thinking BIGGER and stop pinching pennies on her career.

Huh?

Beyonce influenced so many current popstars, including Rihanna. How's that for being original?

Do you even know what the word icon means? Ask current pop artists who they think are pop icons. I'm sure that the "icons' you're mentioning will call Beyonce their Icon.

Mumei

So what are the tiers, anyway? I mean there's Legendary and Iconic and Flop, right?. What's in above / in between / below those?

royalan

Huh?

Beyonce influenced so many current popstars, including Rihanna. How's that for being original?

Do you even know what the word icon means? Ask current pop artists who they think are pop icons. I'm sure that the "icons' you're mentioned will call Beyonce their Icon.

Lots of artists have listed Christina Aguilera as an influence, but I wouldn't call her an Icon yet (at least, not in the way the word is usually applied to music artists). And DEFINITELY not in the same tier as MJ and Madonna and Mariah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom