• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
proxy4rpfs.jpg

Everything about this picture looks cheap.

Mau ®

Editorial Reviews
All Music Guide
For her fourth album, Red, country-pop superstar Taylor Swift makes a decided move into straight-ahead pop. Nowhere is this shift clearer than on the album's first single, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," a song co-written and produced by pop powerhouse Max Martin, who is hardly the only big-name collaborator here. Dan Wilson, who co-wrote a chunk of Adele's 21, works with Swift here, as does L.A. staple Butch Walker, Mark Foster of Foster the People, and singer/songwriter Lori McKenna, each musician guaranteeing that Red will be Swift's most unpredictable record yet.

Savior Swift is coming to snatch your faves wigs. Its not even a game for ha. It was over for your faves (and mine) from the start.
52b0f867.gif

Artemisia

Banned
The Halcyon topic was a lot more successful than I thought it would be.

Ellie Goulding has the GAF seal of approval. Your faves couldn't.

tumblr_ldsdm38ds61qb57kwo1_500.gif

Mau ®

New info on Lotus from Billboard Magazine

New songs

Like on Stripped, Aguilera dips into many genres-from dance-pop on "Your Body" and "Make the World Move" (a duet with fellow "Voice" coach Cee Lo Green), piano-driven power ballads ("Sing for Me," Sia collaboration "Blank Page") and rock-tinged empowerment anthems ("Army of Me," "Cease Fire"). The album even opens with a quick sample of M83's "Midnight City" on the title track, an experimental table-setter where Aguilera resolves to "leave the past behind/Say goodbye to the scared child inside."

Alex Da Kid, who first teamed with Aguilera for 2010's "Castle Walls" on T.I.'s No Mercy, worked with Aguilera on several Lotus cuts with songwriter Pillay, many of which were recorded at her home studio. "I've worked with big and smaller people, and the more established people can get stuck in their ways and say they're not open to critique," Alex Da Kid says. "She definitely had a strong opinion, but she'll go with the best idea in the room. That's really rare for someone that's had so much success."

Promo

With Aguilera more or less based on the West Coast for the entire period leading up to Lotus' release to finish taping the current season of "The Voice," that means an aggressive Los Angeles-based promotional schedule during the next few months-with expected stops on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" as well as prominent use of "The Voice" to premiere the video for "Your Body" and a performance during album release week.

On Bionic

"Lotus" is also a return to putting your vocals front and center in a way that you didn't always do on Bionic in 2010. What did you learn from that experience?

With Bionic I fully went in there with [the idea], "I'm going to experiment and not be commercial or pop." I wanted to play with different sounds and textures of my voice while bringing an electronica feel to it because that's what I was listening to a lot at the time. And it was a blast.

Were you disappointed with how it was received?

I can proudly say it was ahead of its time, to be honest. It wasn't so commercialized. You had to really be a music lover, be a true fan of music and the love of being open to really appreciate that record. It's just a special piece in my body of work that will forever live on. The older the record gets the more people will come to appreciate it actually and check it out.

It all sounds very exciting and interesting. But her whole quote on Bionic is HILARIOUS

Ahead of its time? That thing would've sounded outdated in 2007 when that kind of sound was big.

Not commercial? Then why did RCA force you to work with those VILE PRODUCERS to get hits

kiii

No shade huns. Bionic has amazing songs liike Birds of Pray, I Am, You Lost Me, Elastic Love and so on. But there are also some turds.

royalan

New info on Lotus from Billboard Magazine

New songs

Promo

On Bionic

It all sounds very exciting and interesting. But her whole quote on Bionic is HILARIOUS

Ahead of its time? That thing would've sounded outdated in 2007 when that kind of sound was big.

Not commercial? Then why did RCA force you to work with those VILE PRODUCERS to get hits

kiii

No shade huns. Bionic has amazing songs liike Birds of Pray, I Am, You Lost Me, Elastic Love and so on. But there are also some turds.

Wouldn't expect her to say anything else about Bionic. A #TRUEARTIST and #VOCALATHLETE stands by their work.

ok I chuckled a bit too...only Xtina

Majmun

On Bionic
Were you disappointed with how it was received?

I can proudly say it was ahead of its time, to be honest. It wasn't so commercialized. You had to really be a music lover, be a true fan of music and the love of being open to really appreciate that record. It's just a special piece in my body of work that will forever live on. The older the record gets the more people will come to appreciate it actually and check it out.

iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif

botty

Banned
Roy, remember this little chat we had:

botty said:
I wonder how she will reinvent herself this time. Although, Darkchild being involved makes me believe she's going back to her Stripped roots.

And if she does...

royalan said:
She's already confirmed that she's writing and recording from a very "Stripped" place in these new era studio sessions. As we know, Stripped was so good in part because Xtina had a lot of things to get off her chest. Our diva works best in the face of trials and tribulations, so with all the things she's gone through these past two years I have no doubt this album is going to be flawless and emotional.

Our prayers were answered.

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Christopher

Ri as a person is sloppy unclassy and overall I feel dirty when I think about her presence.

Where Have you Been and We've Found Love ...I can't hate :(

Excuse the fuck out of me

Don't you even think of coming for ellie's looks with your horse-faced fave.

e493a39f-923d-4b75-9643-6c17b2e330b9.jpg

You tried tho

867544_o.gif
It's cheating to choose an X-Factor era Leona pic. They dolled up her like a cheap whore.

7858840:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg

Scary.

But her natural beauty is unsurpassed.

No lie, Ellie looks like my homely, pregnant math teacher from 8th grade. To denigrate SLAYONA's beauty, on the other hand, is to admit to blindness.

Majmun

Leona looks fucking gorgeous. Ellie looks like a downgraded Asslee Simpson to me. And Asslee is already basic looking.

Saying that, Light's Bassnectar Remix is slaying me hard

Trigger

Let's not be silly: Leona > Ellie anytime of the day, week, month, year, decade, century, and millennium when it comes looks. I love both of their music tho.

But you Stan Taylor Swift, right?

Taylor has been around town, but there's no comparison between her and Rih when it comes to sloppiness. It's part of Rihanna's appeal really. She is the party girl.

royalan

I love that all the people stanning Glassheart are usually the first to trash dubstep. :conniving:

That being said the song IS good.

Nemesis_

Beyonce interviews Rihanna and Britney

>=)

I would also like to take the opportunity to ADDRESS some FALLACIES made previously in this thread.

I was just checking out the competition. Based off that, Rih has nothing to be worried about.

iqK7TkHSCduRx.gif

Fastest selling celebrity perfume in the UK

iqK7TkHSCduRx.gif

RECEIPTS ARE HERE

She just launched her fragrance, it sold 6 million bottles in one week. The only other perfume that did that well was Coco Chanel.

SIX MILLION BOTTLES in ONE WEEK?

as opposed to TWO MILLION BOTTLES in SIX MONTHS?

POORDAT, SHE TRIED THO

tj hazuki

I've been listening to some pop stars lately due to the trance/remix/break beat backing tracks was wondering if you guys also have recommendations?

What I've listened to and liked so far:

Eva Simons - I Don't Like You (Fred Falke Remix)
Kylie Minogue - Light Years (STEVE ANDERSON STUDIO VERSION)
Medina - Addiction
Medina - Lonely

Lana Del Rey is brilliant. Especially her unreleased leaks. Jessie Ware is also a new artist you should give a chance! Her album is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom