• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I was trying to draw a comparison with someone who is commonly referred to as a singles artists to someone who is actually a singles artist. I understand if you're pressed you can't see clearly, so I digress.

lol, why do people always think I'm serious? I should lay the sarcasm on thicker, tbh

Nemesis_

Which song lol you were jamming to a few don't deny

My cock popped on more than one occasion tbh

sLcVT.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I think people call rihanna a singles artist because you would expect her albums to sell a lot more than they do considering how popular she is and how almost everything she releases is a hit somewhere.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Kyon is just pressed because he's worried about his fave.

Important day for Britney coming up as the fall season is about to start. He knows that he will be stanning hard and fighting with xtina stans as the Noise starts.

SO

Whistle in number 1 on the US iTunes charts.

for some reason, Flo Rida is effortlessly slaying.

I guess his new dance pop thing is working (well half working because no one even knew he released an album a couple of weeks ago. I just found out now)
like I said in a thread a few months ago. Flo Rida is very smart when it comes to choosing singles. Right Round with Ke$ha was everything tbh

Omg and Club Cant Handle Me was just>>>>>

Club Can't Handle Me is IMHO the greatest pop song of all time, and Wild Ones is life-giving and the best single of 2011 after Godney's Till The World Ends.

But Whistle is just an atrocity.

Mau ®

POPGAF lets look over today's Airplay Updates. In bold are the big updates

TOP 20

1. MAROON 5 - Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 186.989 (- 0.107)
2. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 166.255 (- 1.541)
3. GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know: 154.964 (- 1.426)
4. RIHANNA - Where Have You Been: 154.521 (- 0.256)
5. KATY PERRY - Wide Awake: 144.506 (+ 3.474)
6. ELLIE GOULDING - Lights: 130.164 (+ 2.301)
7. USHER - Scream: 111.469 (+ 0.301)
8. FUN. - We Are Young f/Janelle Monae: 82.789 (- 1.265)
9. ONE DIRECTION - What Makes You Beautiful: 81.466 (- 0.383)
10. DAVID GUETTA - Titanium f/Sia: 80.893 (+ 0.371)
11. CALVIN HARRIS - Let's Go f/Ne-Yo: 78.752 (+ 1.158) ▲
12. NICKI MINAJ - Starships: 78.516 (+ 0.429) ▼
13. THE WANTED - Glad You Came: 73.973 (- 0.122)
14. DEMI LOVATO - Give Your Heart A Break: 68.114 (+ 0.094) ▲
15. FLO RIDA - Wild Ones f/Sia: 67.375 (- 0.887) ▼
16. KELLY CLARKSON - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill ...: 64.268 (+ 0.044)
17. DIERKS BENTLEY - 5-1-5-0: 63.257 (+ 0.542)
18. PINK - Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 62.523 (+ 2.419) ▲
19. KANYE WEST - Mercy f/Big Sean/Pusha T...: 61.840 (+ 0.396)
20. KENNY CHESNEY - Come Over: 61.734 (+ 0.213) ▼

OUTRAS

TRAIN - Drive By: 58.379 (- 0.705)
FLO RIDA - Whistle: 51.438 (+ 2.227)
NEON TREES - Everybody Talks: 50.700 (+ 0.074)
HAVANA BROWN - We Run The Night f/Pitbull: 50.284 (+ 0.161)
USHER - Lemme See f/Rick Ross: 45.278 (+ 0.480)
CHER LLOYD - Want U Back: 39.688 (+ 0.447)
OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Good Time: 35.373 (+ 0.805)
KELLY CLARKSON - Dark Side: 34.333 (+ 0.178)
ONE DIRECTION - One Thing: 33.079 (+ 0.132)
LITTLE BIG TOWN - Pontoon: 31.384 (+ 1.130)
FUN. - Some Nights: 27.081 (+ 1.077)

THE WANTED - Chasing The Sun: 25.954 (+ 0.872)
MATCHBOX TWENTY - She's So Mean: 23.781 (+ 0.053)
NO DOUBT - Settle Down: 23.655 (+ 3.010)
LINKIN PARK - Burn It Down: 21.918 (+ 0.253)
JUSTIN BIEBER - As Long As You Love Me: 21.259 (+ 0.855)
GREEN DAY - Oh Love: 18.562 (+ 2.113)
JASON ALDEAN - Take A Little Ride: 18.161 (+ 1.438)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD - Blown Away: 13.495 (+ 1.156)

NICKI MINAJ - Pound The Alarm: 10.350 (+ 1.027)
MAROON 5 - One More Night: 8.280 (+ 0.925)
KILLERS - Runaways: 6.245 (+ 0.226)

Katy might get another #1 next week if it continues to slay the digital sales and gets these kinds of updates repeatedly. P!nk will definitely own at some point too and No Doubt continues getting great updates, tho the rolling effect might slow it down tomorrow. I still dont think it will be a hit tbh.

WHYB has peaked :,( It got a -5M update a few days ago. lol time for a new single in about a month or so. Or just wait it out til' 2013.

Trigger

POPGAF lets look over today's Airplay Updates. In bold are the big updates

TOP 20

1. MAROON 5 - Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 186.989 (- 0.107)
2. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 166.255 (- 1.541)

EgJTv.gif

Also: How is Payphone doing so well? Easily the weakest Maroon 5 single ever released.

Mau ®

EgJTv.gif

Also: How is Payphone doing so well? Easily the weakest Maroon 5 single ever released.

IKR it's a hideous song. And it's also their biggest hit ever
okIAQ.gif

Anyway it's due to several factors, including that M5 is undergoing a rebirth of sorts in terms of top 40 popularity as well as having a high profile rapper on it, ensuring cross-format plays. They've never had that and it seems to pay off. Whatever their next single is they will probably release no1curr remixes with guest spots for it.

Mau ®

What are we banking on the next number one? I think Call Me Maybe finally will lose some steam soon...Payphone?

No Payphone is #16 on itunes. It will never reach #1 with those digital sales.

Call Me Maybe will be #1 this week for sure. Next week it'll be a toss off between her and Katy, Im giving a slight edge to Katy given her strong digital sales, coupled with her airplay rise.

In the next few months, overlooking any new releases, we might be looking at a Florida domination with Whistle. There's also a really strong showing by P!nk if the promo is tight.

Mau ®

So depressing that the best song on that the list is at the very bottom ;_;

<3 Runaways

I love The Killers but Runaways, though it's very good, it's not their finest first single showing. All their lead singles have been flawless (Mr. Brightside, When You Were Young, Human... what kind of FLAWLESS LEADS). Runaways plays like a hybrid of all their eras.

That being said, I suddenly have an URGE to pop in the HOT FUSS cd and reminisce about my teenage years :D

ITZ, our very own MARKET ANALYST *.*

http://i.imgur.com/VMzOQ.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

*.*

I love The Killers but Runaways, though it's very good, it's not their finest first single showing. All their lead singles have been flawless (Mr. Brightside, When You Were Young, Human... what kind of FLAWLESS LEADS). Runaways plays like a hybrid of all their eras.

That being said, I suddenly have an URGE to pop in the HOT FUSS cd and reminisce about my teenage years :D

Small correction: Mr. Brightside was not the lead single off Hot Fuss, the flaw-free Somebody Told Me was.

Mau ®

Small correction: Mr. Brightside was not the lead single off Hot Fuss, the flaw-free Somebody Told Me was.

True dat.

HOT FUSS was like the equivalent of a Teenage Dream era in the rock format. A flawless slaying was delivered on all fronts. I dont think there's ever been such a strong era (in terms of singles) by any other rockband ever since? I mean Kings of Leon had a good one with Only by the Night but nowhere near as flawless as Hot Fuss.

ANALYSE my MARKET

*.*

Aussie Lands seem to be the kind of market I'd like to become acquainted next tbh *.*

Trigger

True dat.

HOT FUSS was like the equivalent of a Teenage Dream era in the rock format. A flawless slaying was delivered on all fronts. I dont think there's ever been such a strong era (in terms of singles) by any other rockband ever since? I mean Kings of Leon had a good one with Only by the Night but nowhere near as flawless as Hot Fuss.

Oh lawd. "Use Somebody" was inescapable. I'm happy they've disappeared tbh

Umm WHERE did everyone GO TBH

Chris left and the room got quiet so I left.

There's also this duet between the Ultimate Queen of All American Idol Winners&#8482; and one of the Australian ones.

And Kylie and Dannii are Australian as well of course!

Nemesis_

Isn't Heavy Metal Lover just one of the best songs you've ever heard? ;_;

I could be your girl,
Girl, girl, girl, girl, girl
But would you love me
If I ruled the world, world, world.

DEAD

Nemesis_

It kind of gives me Goldfrapp teas, but for some reason the song has really bonded with me recently. Maybe seeing it live

Mau ®

Isn't Heavy Metal Lover just one of the best songs you've ever heard? ;_;

I could be your girl,
Girl, girl, girl, girl, girl
But would you love me
If I ruled the world, world, world.

DEAD

It's probably my fave GaGa song *.*

The song she "previewed" for fans sounds like a Bouncier HML tbh. I'd be here for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom