• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Nicki Minaj ‏@NICKIMINAJ
Now if u want more tea tweet #gimmemoreteanicki

She giving me too much.

iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif

royalan

So uh.... Your Body falls to #64 on the Hot 100. (´ー`)┌

Don't even get me started.

It's such a good song. So many people have praised it and the video. So many people called a return to form for Xtina and consider it one of the more exciting singles to be released in the last month.

It doesn't deserve to flop like this, but so far RCA and Xtina haven't given it even HALF the promo Not Myself Tonight got. Not Myself Tonight. I can't.

I don't think they understand that, for the people the follow music, Xtina is coming off the back of a flop era. And for the general public who don't follow music, Bionic flopped so hard that it might as well not even have existed. For most people Christina's last proper era was Back To Basics over 6 years ago. She needs to be reintroduced to the world - not as a singing show coach where she spends the majority of the interview plugging The Voice - but as a MUSICIAN. She's not a current it-girl that can just drop a track and watch it zoom up the charts with little promo (and even most of those girls managed more promo than they're giving Your Body.)

When Christina is not taping The Voice she needs to be on the road plugging herself, her single, and her new album to every outlet that'll have her. And that pre-recorded performance of Your Body should have been on The Voice this week and wasn't. Because the truth that not even I can deny is that if she tries to release yet another album on the back of a grossly underperforming single, it WILL be a flop.

ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png

The only positive thing I can note at this point is that YB, apparently, survived the onslaught of new singles released by top artists last week and is slowly gaining on radio again. Her team needs to take advantage of that.

Majmun

I don't get it either. My favorite newly released pop tracks:

1. Your Body
2. Trouble
3. Girl on Fire
4. Diamonds
5. Triumphant
8542. Die Young

The more I like the track, the harder it seems to flop
ed2305b7.png

DMeisterJ

Banned

HOLY SHIT

syNmb.gif
syNmb.gif
syNmb.gif
syNmb.gif
syNmb.gif
syNmb.gif
syNmb.gif
syNmb.gif
syNmb.gif
syNmb.gif

She must not want her job anymore

@NICKIMINAJ
I thought we resolved it yesterday but I see u want ur pity party to continue. So I'm bout to po dot tea

She bout to post da tea! #ready

Nm, she's being a cocktease

@NICKIMINAJ
Nah. Dat tea is waaaayyyy too potent for the blogs right now. Lmaooooo. Ima keep it on COCK. Stale tea is the best t. Bwahahahahahaahhaaa

royalan

Nicki Minaj ‏@NICKIMINAJ
I guess it hurts 2 have the producers tell u to ur face that nicki is the best judge we've had since simon. Awww, poor u. Keep them lies cmn

I am finding this particular tea hard to believe. I just can't envision a scenario where producers are yelling "Nicki Minaj is the best judge we've had since Simon!" in front of everyone and based on just two audition tapings. I just don't see it.

But continue posting the tea, Nicki.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't even follow her on Twitter, but I might have to, cause she is giving me life right now. Her breakdown and subsequent disappearance will be nice.

3phemeral

Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson always have great videos...they may be simple, but they actually relate to the song, and are a lot of fun.

I don't know how you guys stand Lady Gaga videos...
Y'all can keep your simple vids. I like Gaga's overly detailed try-hard videos. BTW intro alone > *.

I tend to think it's better to shoot for the stars and hit potential epic-ness than to play it safe and simple. Playing it simple is especially boring if you claim to be an artist that loves to work with all aspects of your visual expression but only resort to mundanity.

botty

Banned
Y'all can keep your simple vids. I like Gaga's overly detailed try-hard videos. BTW intro alone > *.

I tend to think it's better to shoot for the stars and hit potential epic-ness than to play it safe and simple. Playing it simple is especially boring if you claim to be an artist that loves to work with all aspects of your visual expression but only resort to mundanity.

Unless it's just a pile of pretentious shit.

royalan

I don't see how Nicki Minaj is making it on the show with this behavior. And now it seems like she's actually trying to goad Mariah with these new tweets. Pretty desperate behavior, I'd say...

DMeisterJ

Banned
Da Brat is not here for it

“I ALREADY HAD TO BUST ONE B!TCH OVER THE HEAD WITH A BOTTLE, AND I WILL DO IT AGAIN. DON’T F@CK WITH MY PEOPLES CAUSE I WILL F@CK WITH U EVEN HARDER. IT’S NOT A GAME AND I’M NOT A JOKE. B!TCHES GOT IT TWISTED AND I’M A UNTWIST SOME SH!T”

Brat is about to Get 'Em
OGq50.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
#TeamNicki

I can see pretty much exactly how this played out: Nicki is grounded, Mariah is crazed egomaniac who keeps talking about how amazing she is, eventually Nicki just flips.

I would do exactly the same fucking thing. 'Legend' or no, people with their heads up the own arses are infuriating.

royalan

“I ALREADY HAD TO BUST ONE B!TCH OVER THE HEAD WITH A BOTTLE, AND I WILL DO IT AGAIN. DON’T F@CK WITH MY PEOPLES CAUSE I WILL F@CK WITH U EVEN HARDER. IT’S NOT A GAME AND I’M NOT A JOKE. B!TCHES GOT IT TWISTED AND I’M A UNTWIST SOME SH!T”

Brat is about to Get 'Em
OGq50.gif

LMAO not DA BRAT throwing her shade into the mix!
iupCowi4vwpT7.gif

#TeamNicki

I can see pretty much exactly how this played out: Nicki is grounded, Mariah is crazed egomaniac who keeps talking about how amazing she is, eventually Nicki just flips.

I would do exactly the same fucking thing. 'Legend' or no, people with their heads up the own arses are infuriating.

And you would have been dismissed just as I assume Nicki is about to be. She is doing THE MOST right now. It's not even about what and/or who started it at this point. She's just making herself look completely childish and unprofessional.

botty

Banned

Brat is about to Get 'Em
OGq50.gif

Da Brat has spent more time in a state penitentiary than she has spent being relevant. Nicki is from New York, and she is bout that life.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
And you would have been dismissed just as I assume Nicki is about to be. She is doing THE MOST right now. It's not even about what and/or who started it at this point. She's just making herself look completely childish and unprofessional.

Are you joking? Feuding judges is ratings gold.

My guess is Nicki would only leave if she a) gets so pissed of with Ms Diva Carey she can't bare to carry on working or b) Ms Diva Carey threatens to walk if they don't get rid of her. There's no way they'll fire her because of all this free promotion and the promise of exciting television at the end.

Tho I might be wrong.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Poor Karr-whatever

TMZ said:
Chris Brown says he has officially BROKEN UP with his girlfriend Karrueche Tran ... explaining, "I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna."

Brown just made the announcement ... saying, "I have decided to be single to focus on my career. I love Karrueche very much but I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna."

He adds, "I'd rather be single allowing us to both be happy in our lives."

The announcement comes after Brown and Rihanna were spotted together at the Jay Z concert in Brooklyn last night. The two had been hanging around each other A LOT lately ... and did some hardcore flirting at the MTV VMAs.

Karrueche had posted a cryptic tweet last night reading, "Bye baby."

Now it makes sense.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz28LxfNrKH

And there are pics of them at the Jay-Z concert.

iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif

Kyon

Banned
What if his fave is Perra

OUR girls. Ain't nobody here for dat trash

@DMJ: I think the Navy should calm down it was going to happen. I've been waiting. I say who cares let our faves do whatever they want because they are grown ass adults. Our opinions don't mean shit.

DMeisterJ

Banned
@DMJ: I think the Navy should calm down it was going to happen. I've been waiting. I say who cares let our faves do whatever they want because they are grown ass adults. Our opinions don't mean shit.

I agree. If they get back together, I'm not really bothered about that, I kinda figured it would happen ever since #CAKE, but I don't want her to go through the public dragging that will ensue, with everyone trying to put their $0.02 in on everything they do. Sigh.

Kyon

Banned
What if he gives Perra a congressional medal of honor for achievements in the field of slaying.

iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif

CHHHHHHH...
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif
iO76Ct3tjm9ww.gif

I will FLEE the country. Make room at your place cause I'm moving in.

I agree. If they get back together, I'm not really bothered about that, I kinda figured it would happen ever since #CAKE, but I don't want her to go through the public dragging that will ensue, with everyone trying to put their $0.02 in on everything they do. Sigh.

But the magic of it is that Rih don't give two fucks LMFAO.

Kyon

Banned
I forgot! She did just make a whole album about how little fucks she gives in general.

She'll let the media #TalkThatTalk and move on with her life.

I think personally if they keep this a "secret" (lol) then it will work. When their relationship is public things just don't bode well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom