• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Pitbull in Kodiak, Alaska.
AzEc3ihCMAIjWk5.jpg

527172_10151076385099236_655302807_n.jpg

sqtu14.gif

Mau ®

what exactly is she bringing to radio that no one else can? 17 word songs?

Fat-woman-stairs-slides.gif

17 words songs that go #1 for 11 weeks.

When is Garbaj gonna get a #1? LOL

Dont bother bringing the "when will rihanna get a #1 album" argument btw. TTT has outsold Garbaj's shitty new album.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
17 words songs that go #1 for 11 weeks.

When is Garbaj gonna get a #1? LOL

Dont bother bringing the "when will rihanna get a #1 album" argument btw. TTT has outsold Garbaj's shitty new album.

you are comparing the sales of an album that came out in April to one that came out in November during the holiday season btw

morganfreemansneeze-1.gif

Mau ®

you are comparing the sales of an album that came out in April to one that came out in November during the holiday season btw

You talk as if Roman Reloaded is going anywhere. It would need to sell 500k more copies in the US to even catch up. And little less than 2 million copies WW to get there.

Hint: Its not gonna happen.

I mean, Rihanna is a NON-ALBUM SELLER bew. What's Garbaj's excuse for being outsold by a SINGLES ARTIST ON THE ALBUM FRONT?

Icicle

LOL sorry I couldn't let this slide. Icicle do you visit YouTube often?

Because in this day and age, music videos easily attain AT LEAST in the double digit millions, and if you're a pretty popular artist over 100 million is easily obtainable.

6.4 million is, honestly, pathetic. Some Romanian artists regularly get at least 10 million for their videos. That's right, artists from a second world country that usually only are known within the country get more views than Janet's last single or whatever Feedback is.

Oh, "and counting"? Um, the video is years old, there's no counting to it. It might reach 6.5 million in about twenty years perhaps.

Janet's video was uploaded to Vevo TWO YEARS after it was released, so it missed its peak visibility window. The song actually has the best legs of any of Janet's catalog, and receipts show that the song has since got PLATINUM. The video has undoubtedly played a part in helping "Feedback" achieve long-term success. Janet's entire discography is widely recognized as being under-certified, but whenever she/her label gets around to updating the numbers, the world will be in AWE at how much she SLAYS.

ibdoPOm4cuZ690.gif

Can your Romanian FLOPS say the same? People MAY watch the Youtube videos for the lulz, but NOBODY is PAYING for their GIBBERISH MUSIC, tbh. Besides, you have ZERO CREDIBILITY when it comes to talking about computers.

ibmhrawugdl7yzcboc.gif

Chris doesn't know how to resize (his own flop screencaps)

Chris25 said:
#mess
#failure
#dead
#Icant
#crying
#woobie

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
You talk as if Roman Reloaded is going anywhere. It would need to sell 500k more copies in the US to even catch up. And little less than 2 million copies WW to get there.

Hint: Its not gonna happen.

I mean, Rihanna is a NON-ALBUM SELLER bew. What's Garbaj's excuse for being outsold by a SINGLES ARTIST ON THE ALBUM FRONT?

lol, you do know that Rihanus barely got to 8 million sales with all her 6 albums in the US, at this rate they are exactly at the same pace when it comes to album selling except one of them has 2 #1s

Mau ®

lol, you do know that Rihanus barely got to 8 million sales with all her 6 albums in the US, at this rate they are exactly at the same pace when it comes to album selling except one of them has 2 #1s

Thats cute bew but Garbaj's RR is less than half a million sales from TTT in the US and she wont get it done. It's the way it is.

Whats the point of having a #1 album if it sells like shit in the end?

Dont answer bew. Think about it instead.

botty

Banned
Look at these sexy girls auditioning for Xtina's new video.

I'm hard already.

And apparently Xtina's single will be out near the end of the olympics

Rumor:
"I was just listening to Fox Fm Radio in Melbourne, Australia and they played “Moves Like Jagger” & afterwards commented that they will have New Christina Music in August following the Olympic games."

The Queen Has Arrived...

...and she's going to take us to church.

iVnU1fKiPVIz.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Thats cute bew but Garbaj's RR is less than half a million sales from TTT in the US and she wont get it done. It's the way it is.

Whats the point of having a #1 album if it sells like shit in the end?

Dont answer bew. Think about it instead.

#1 albums means you will probably outsell Music Of The Sun

CherylColeLook.gif

and TTT is barely around 1 million while RR is around 600K

botty

Banned
Marius has a point. Based on Rihanna's past (those first two albums), who would have expected her to reach the level of success she ended up having?

Did she even have a fan base or stans back then? Probably not.

I'm not shading Rihanna, but she an example that those things do not fully predict the trajectory a career can have.

Koodo

Banned
I'm sure Rihanus didn't suffer a drastic fall in album and single sales going from her debut to sophomore efforts.

Meanwhile, Garbaj stagnates and struggles.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Marius has a point. Based on Rihanna's past (those first two albums), who would have expected her to reach the level of success she ended up having?

Did she even have a fan base or stans back then? Probably not.

I'm not shading Rihanna, but she an example that those things do not fully predict the trajectory a career can have.

right?

and PTA is barely getting started while Va Va Voom and Whip It wait their turn and lets not forget the new David Guetta feature for his album

I wonder how they will deal with Minaj slaying the charts through the coming seasons
CherylColeLook.gif

Cynosure

strum·pet/ˈstrəmpət/
Noun:
A female prostitute or a promiscuous woman.

ibqvFPxNqBembK.gif
ibqvFPxNqBembK.gif
ibqvFPxNqBembK.gif

lol

don't let it hold you down, sis

tumblr_lst0742eaR1qbj6tto3_250.gif
tumblr_lst0742eaR1qbj6tto8_250.gif

♫ If you look back in history
It’s a common double standard of society
The guy gets all the glory, the more he can score
While the girl can do the same and yet you call her a whore

I don’t understand why it’s okay