• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
USING MTV AS A RELEVANT SOURCE FOR ANYTHING MUSIC RELATED? wat

whitney-point-bitchplease.gif

You must have missed the last page where your peers were going in about the VMA's.

That mimi cover is a mess.

Mimi looks good but then Rick Ross is mentioned......

Why does she insist on collabs with has been rappers.
I'd be more worried about the song title. I'm getting inspirational teas from "Triumphant" but everyone knows that "Anytime You Need a Friend" will never be topped in that regard. I hope her album has some lyrical variety - giving birth to twins should inspire something novel from MIMI

Speaking of #mess, here's a NSFW shot of Leona's pointy nipples.

#glassheart2012worlddomination

B-Dex

Ross? No he's huge in music. And Meek Mill. Both are a part of the label Maybach Music (MMG), and have been on some huge songs.

Much more relevant than Gucci Mane was during the Obsessed Remix era.

One of his latest singles peaked at 91 on the R&B charts....

Julia Volkova - Didn't Wanna Do it.

Julia was the brunette from t.A.T.u. The video is a mess and is giving me Inna teas but I see this getting more success than Lena's solo efforts. It's a shame Julia fucked up her face because she was so hot when she was in the group.

The video is NSFW.
Utter trash.

Ugh all of her solo songs are awful. Her voice was better in tATu.
And yeah, she was pretty in tATu, now she's an ugly mess.

Still holding out for Lena's solo album, I've liked everything I've heard from her.

IrishNinja

aw man i didnt notice Ross on that Mariah thing...on behalf of MIA lemme apologize
also why is rihanna talkin bout #thuglife, she wasnt even old enough to be a legit pac groupe inna day

The love of my life broke up with me and im still depressed. Still recovering. Plus my sleep pattern is fucked lmao

that sucks kyons, but dont let it keep you down!

The one time Lauryn Hill comes up in discussion I would be asleep.

we can get back in to it, please believe i am here for Lauryn

FULL VMA NOM LIST

Best video
i guess Gotye, it was cool the first thousand times i saw it

Best New Artist
Frank Ocean, "Swim Good"

Best Hip-Hop Video
Childish Gambino, "Heartbeat" <<WTF MTV
Watch the Throne, "Paris"

Best Male Video
Frank Ocean, "Swim Good"

Best Female Video
Beyoncé, "Love on Top"

Best Rock Video
The Black Keys, "Lonely Boy"

Best Video With a Message
haha how is this even a thing

Best Art Direction
Drake feat. Rihanna, "Take Care" i guess

Best Choreography
im cool as long as chris brown dont win shit

Best Cinematography
M.I.A., "Bad Girls"

Best Direction
Frank Ocean, "Swim Good"
Watch the Throne, "Otis"

Best Editing
A$AP Rocky, "Goldie" << ALL DAY

koodos needs to make these MTV people more #aware apparently

royalan

Catching up with the day's posts.

#ICANT with all these UNINFORMED people claiming Mariah never FLOPPED.

iklIq.png

Flopped hard. HARD.

Mmhm.

Also, something to tell royalan:

I was at the library and walking by the CDs when I came across Esperanza Spalding's Radio Music Society. So I checked it out. I can't remember what post it was, but I'm pretty sure I saw you talking about her in the previous PopGAF topic. I haven't listened to the whole thing, but I'm in love with her so far.

!!!!

Mumei, Esperanza Spalding was my official "studying" music of 2011. ESPECIALLY Chamber Music Society (haven't listened to Radio Music Society in full yet). Her version of "Wild is the Wind" is one of my favorites (right up there with Barbra's version). She's been one of my faves ever since she SNATCHED the "Best New Artist" Grammy right out of Bieber's paws.

You won't be disappointed.

EDIT: She was also the inspiration for this thread I created.

Trigger

Christina is so pretty.

we can get back in to it, please believe i am here for Lauryn

I have nothing to add really. Icicle was right that Miseducation is her peak and being in jail will make that remain a reality. I will state for the record that Irish ninjas have the best taste of any ninjas.

Mumei

Catching up with the day's posts.

#ICANT with all these UNINFORMED people claiming Mariah never FLOPPED.

Flopped hard. HARD.

Good thing I am not one of those people.

That was a funny post DMeisterJ made, though.

!!!!

Mumei, Esperanza Spalding was my official "studying" music of 2011. ESPECIALLY Chamber Music Society (haven't listened to Radio Music Society in full yet). Her version of "Wild is the Wind" is one of my favorites (right up there with Barbra's version). She's been one of my faves ever since she SNATCHED the "Best New Artist" Grammy right out of Bieber's paws.

You won't be disappointed.

I haven't been. Her voice is absolutely charming. So light and easy.

By the way, you should PM me next time you want to have a listening session. I enjoy spending time with the rest of Pop GAF and GAF-Hop (in MIF), but I can't have my ramble sessions with them.

EDIT: She was also the inspiration for this thread I created.

I remember that thread. Wendy Williams is, as ever, an awful woman, and it was sad reading how your mother had internalized some of those negative messages about black women's hair.

Kyon

Banned
You're thinking of that other forum, Kyon.

The pure Rachet "realness" of it all is COMPELLING.

actually i was on mobile and was trying to find the #Alreadyreported Xtina gif. Couldn't find it so i had to type it out. #SloppyMess

IrishNinja

I have nothing to add really. Icicle was right that Miseducation is her peak and being in jail will make that remain a reality. I will state for the record that Irish ninjas have the best taste of any ninjas.

<3

ps FutureSex/LoveSounds tonight...where's the camp who's waiting on timberlake to make another one? i need to sign up.

IrishNinja

harsh

in one of the DJ plug parties, one of you lovelies played Phaeleh - Afterglow, which ive had on loop since. i need more stuff like this!

Sai-kun

Banned
because my translator is still filtering out all your post about an extinct dinosaur or pop singer(?) and sales talk and who knows what else

I'm going to post my seven favorite Little Boots songs, that's right, you've never heard of her.
ZoFKC.gif

vp0E5.jpg

1. Earthquake
  2. Stuck On Repeat
  3. Click
  4. Meddle
  5. Mathematics
  6. Symmetry
  7. No Brakes

shut the fuck up plywood

little boots is my girl. i'm so glad you're listening to her. make sure you check out the stuff that's gonna be on her second LP (which comes out later this year, i hope): Shake, Every Night I Say A Prayer, and Headphones.

i must have a seventh sense that lets me know when people mentioned britpop

my sixth sense lets me know when an MDNA song is coming up on shuffle, so i know to skip it

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That demo version of Stuck on Repeat is so much better than the album version.

Also what are you taking about never heard of her. She is famed in the UK
for flopping.
I saw her support Scissor Sisters, she was great.

Sai-kun

Banned
That demo version of Stuck on Repeat is so much better than the album version.

Also what are you taking about never heard of her. She is famed in the UK
for flopping.
I saw her support Scissor Sisters, she was great.

She's coming out with another album so she can't have flopped, really. Cmon_son.gif

Maybe in terms of charting, which we all know means jack.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
She's coming out with another album so she can't have flopped, really. Cmon_son.gif

Maybe in terms of charting, which we all know means jack.

I wouldn't expect you to know--not being a true Little Boots fan--but she was the talk of the town before her album came out, then it flopped incredibly hard. It was pretty embarrassing really. Everybody tipped her to be the big thing but then La Roux and Florence + The Machine snatched her wig.

Nemesis_

Either Meddle or that other weird song Goz keeps playing in the room with the boring video clip is my favourite Little Boots song ;_;

Artemisia

Banned
eh little boots is ok

I'd say she's on the same level as Ellie. Neither of their albums were very good to be honest. But they both show a lot of potential so I will continue to follow them.

Majmun

It doesn't happen often, but a frikkin' mixtape is my album of the year so far.

1991 & Fantasea have slain me this year. Her debut album is going to annihilate me tbh. Can't wait.

iEc0yxWnljL7L.gif
Fantasea
iRdwiVCr5TDIV.gif

iEc0yxWnljL7L.gif
Azealia Banks
iRdwiVCr5TDIV.gif

iEc0yxWnljL7L.gif
Mother Kunt
iRdwiVCr5TDIV.gif

Satch

Banned
It doesn't happen often, but a frikkin' mixtape is my album of the year so far.

1991 & Fantasea have slain me this year. Her debut album is going to annihilate me tbh. Can't wait.

iEc0yxWnljL7L.gif
Fantasea
iRdwiVCr5TDIV.gif

iEc0yxWnljL7L.gif
Azealia Banks
iRdwiVCr5TDIV.gif

iEc0yxWnljL7L.gif
Mother Kunt
iRdwiVCr5TDIV.gif

YASSS the [REDACTED] Brigade GROWS

iRdwiVCr5TDIV.gif

Nemesis_

I still have to listen to Fantasea. I can't believe I've literally developed a "backlog" for music.

Though it was a nice feeling to listen to God Bless America within the same day that I got it. =P

Trigger

lol, I can't fathom having a musical backlog. Don't you listen to songs in the car, Nem? Put on some music while doing chores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom