• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
"Nobody's Bussiness" must be served to Urban radio TODAY

isQfZVlqEE0Mm.gif

Not Bruises slaying us like this

isQfZVlqEE0Mm.gif

A song like this is what the industry needs, so that we can move on from the current trends tbh.

Ties

Banned
MFQ8k.gif

Buying this album 5 times to support the queen. Gifting physical copies to my friends.
MFQ8k.gif

Now for Lana to finally leak

Bladenic

Shit I'm so behind. Still haven't listened to Red, Kendrick, Meek Mill, or Lotus. Now Rih snippets are out, leak will probably be next week, and Lana is about to leak. Ugh.

botty

Banned
Drop down your defences I'm raising my flag
This fighting is hopeless we need this to end
It's going too far don't now where it began
We're hurting each other and i can't pretend
I'm trying to help you to see
the casualties that we both lead
It's all so unnecessary
Can't you hear me scream

iWTbI6OaY5qSf.gif

Bladenic

Drop down your defences I'm raising my flag
This fighting is hopeless we need this to end
It's going too far don't now where it began
We're hurting each other and i can't pretend
I'm trying to help you to see
the casualties that we both lead
It's all so unnecessary
Can't you hear me scream

iWTbI6OaY5qSf.gif

Your avatar...

botty

Banned
edit:

Follow me now
Im gonna announce
Somebody hurt me
I need you now
Why can't you see
Got to believe me
Fighting for peace
Here release
Won't you relieve me
I'm on your side
Swallow your pride
You can confide in me
Army afoot
Rise of the sun
Shining for all to see
Enemy's left
Victory's won
No negativity
We can be free
Free as the king
Who won my destiny

ib1aoKdX27yM5W.gif

Ties

Banned
--link removed--

If you want to download the Unapologetic snippets to your iTunes btw.
I'm pretty sure this is allowed(?).

EDIT:
Just PM if you want to download the snippets.
7732f81d.png

edit:

Follow me now
Im gonna announce
Somebody hurt me
I need you now
Why can't you see
Got to believe me
Fighting for peace
Here release
Won't you relieve me
I'm on your side
Swallow your pride
You can confide in me
Army afoot
Rise of the sun
Shining for all to see
Enemy's left
Victory's won
No negativity
We can be free
Free as the king
Who won my destiny

I don't know what this is but it's either a series of random statements or the worst song ever written.

Christopher

So I'm guessing lotus is ehhhh from reading reactions I hope her next single has some legs as your body tanked :(

Do you guys think its her or the song say if to recorded it would it be a hit?

royalan

So I'm guessing lotus is ehhhh from reading reactions I hope her next single has some legs as your body tanked :(

Do you guys think its her or the song say if to recorded it would it be a hit?

Actually most people in here were bopping to Lotus last night.

Full review coming shortly, but it's a damn good album......that won't sell worth shit if Christina/Irving/RCA don't wake the fuck up and promote.

botty

Banned
Lotus is going to flop. It may sell better than Bionic, but I don't really care either way. The album delivered some decent to incredible tracks, and that is really all that matters. Amazing sales would be great, especially with so many people wanting her to fail, but if you take anything from Lotus... it's to keep thriving no matter what.

iYqu09YmzrgPP.gif

Trigger

Lotus is going to flop. It may sell better than Bionic, but I don't really care either way. The album delivered some decent to incredible tracks, and that is really all that matters. Amazing sales would be great, especially with so many people wanting her to fail, but if you take anything from Lotus... it's to keep thriving no matter what.

2F6qh.gif

What a reasonable stance.

Bladenic

iYqu09YmzrgPP.gif

Lol, tell that to her label.

Touchdown

Banned

iYqu09YmzrgPP.gif

tumblr_mcqdb34KfN1rntezlo1_400.gif

royalan

iYqu09YmzrgPP.gif

I respect this position. As a fan of her music I'm more than happy with Lotus.

But, keeping it real, she CAN'T keep letting her albums flop. Her ability to make the kind of music she wants to make, and work with the producers she wants to work with and receive the type of priority she's used to is hinged on the stipulation that she sells records.

If Lotus flops I will genuinely worry about her future as a bankable artist and her ability to maintain a top level record deal with a major label, which is the thing an artist like Xtina NEEDS to keep putting out the music we love.

I don't care uf, at the end of this era, she doesn't outsell any of the new twerps on the scene or doesn't have the highest grossing tour or most YouTube videos or whatever. What I care about, all I care about, is that Xtina puts in the work to make this era at least successful, so when RCA looks at their books at the end of the fiscal year they don't see a big ass red number next to her name.

In short: get money bitch. Get money.

And that's going to require her to get off her ass. I've run out of excuses in that regard. The handling of Lotus so far by RCA, her manager Irving Azoff, and Xtina herself has so far been a fucking embarrassment, and she couldn't be more disrespectful to her own legacy even if she uploaded a YouTube video of herself pissing on her Stripped platinum plaque.

Minus the repetition, I'm really feeling "Numb" so far.

The rest is half-baked ass cheese, though.

I respect this position. As a fan of her music I'm more than happy with Lotus.

But, keeping it real, she CAN'T keep letting her albums flop. Her ability to make the kind of music she wants to make, and work with the producers she wants to work with and receive the type of priority she's used to is hinged on the stipulation that she sells records.

If Lotus flops I will genuinely worry about her future as a bankable artist and her ability to maintain a top level record deal with a major label, which is the thing an artist like Xtina NEEDS to keep putting out the music we love.

I don't care uf, at the end of this era, she doesn't outsell any of the new twerps on the scene or doesn't have the highest grossing tour or most YouTube videos or whatever. What I care about, all I care about, is that Xtina puts in the work to make this era at least successful, so when RCA looks at their books at the end of the fiscal year they don't see a big ass red number next to her name.

In short: get money bitch. Get money.

And that's going to require her to get off her ass. I've run out of excuses in that regard. The handling of Lotus so far by RCA, her manager Irving Azoff, and Xtina herself has so far been a fucking embarrassment, and she couldn't be more disrespectful to her own legacy even if she uploaded a YouTube video of herself pissing on her Stripped platinum plaque.
Too true. Already seeing the effects this era of "Trouble" flopping for Leona. A couple weeks ago, she surreptitiously released a video announcing "Fireflies" as the next single, and knowing what that song means to her, I knew it was her choice.

All of a sudden, a very public reversal by her label, and now "Lovebird" is the next single with no update on what the heck Leona was on about in that video. Obviously, her label has lost faith in her choices and has decided to play it safe with the radio-friendly (but mediocre) and probably very expensive Dr. Luke track.

Sad. Hope RCA treats her better for the worldwide campaign, because Syco is just sabotaging her in the UK with this messiness.

EDIT: "What Now" and "Nobody's Business" (despite the Bruises grossness) are quite good from the samples as well. I like "Get It Over With" too.

That's a better record of success than any other Rihanna album so far, so I guess that makes this my favorite Rih album. Certainly the best second half of any of her albums. Maybe I'll buy it.

#stillnotacceptingoverturesfromthenavytho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom