• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Xtina releases Just a Fool to Country radio, it'd be very interesting to watch
iuVGqNVB3iaJz.gif

Koodo

Banned
Also, can I just say as an aside that I'm ALREADY over this fucking iPhone? Seriously, the WORST on-screen keyboard of any device I have ever used. Total shit.
The iPhone's keyboard is regarded as the best among touch devices.

Are you sure you just didn't get a lotus unit?

The iPhone's keyboard is regarded as the best among touch devices.

Are you sure you just didn't get a lotus unit?

Lol.

But really though, the iPhone keyboard is awesome. I've had to use an Android for about two months while I was saving up for a new iPhone and that keyboard was heinous. Even my best friend was a diehard Android user who transferred over to iOS and says the keyboard works like a dream.

So Roy you're wrong and you should feel bad. ;)

Since we're on the subject, can I just say that my iPod literally died while I was listening to Lotus. Had to do a hard reset.

Not shading, just telling what happened.
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

royalan

Eh, maybe I just have to get used to it. My particular gripe is with how it handles predictive text - something I believe blackberry actually handled a bit better...or at least differently. :-/

royalan

Oh... you had a blackberry before. Lemme pray for u.

Ch...no prayers needed. While I can admit Blackberry OS is a doomed wasteland when it comes to apps and 3rd Party support, every BB device i ever owned was the undisputed king when it comes to the thing I use my phone for most: texting and typing.

I don't regret moving on, but I'll always miss BB for that specific thing. :___;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Your attempts to shade artists that can actually sell records worldwide bores me. Shoo kitten... Go back your your local trash stanning.

50JMa.gif

You just like visuals and personality over talent. What matters about sales if they lack actual talent? Can any of them outdo vocally any of the people I listen? Can they even outdo Justin Bieber on terms of talent?

As they get older and their appeal goes out they will disappear eventually just like The Jonas Brothers.

Case Closed
i4zLTcrtoBPrz.gif

royalan

You just like visuals and personality over talent. What matters about sales if they lack actual talent? Can any of them outdo vocally any of the people I listen? Can they even outdo Justin Bieber?

Case Closed
i4zLTcrtoBPrz.gif

Sis, just put up with the delusion a little while longer. That talent vacuum of a group has about 3 more minutes left by my watch.

You just like visuals and personality over talent. What matters about sales if they lack actual talent? Can any of them outdo vocally any of the people I listen? Can they even outdo Justin Bieber?

Case Closed
i4zLTcrtoBPrz.gif

Lolololol.

If vocal ability ever mattered this thread would be 100% Kelly Clarkson (and maybe Beyonce/Adele/Christina) stans. Lana is hardly a vocal warhorse herself and I would wager at least a couple of the 1D boys could outdo her from a raw vocal standpoint.

Talk about a fail drag attempt.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
You just like visuals and personality over talent. What matters about sales if they lack actual talent? Can any of them outdo vocally any of the people I listen? Can they even outdo Justin Bieber on terms of talent?

As they get older and their appeal goes out they will disappear eventually just like The Jonas Brothers.

Case Closed
i4zLTcrtoBPrz.gif

please stop talking about talent when you have this on your avatar

image.php

like girl am I being trolled here

ibjBlQD9oKxj6J.gif

Now wait a second, The Jonas Brothers haven't disappeared completely...There is still that "Married to Jonas" show on E! which is the most perfect distillation of the sorrows inherent to living in the closet that I've ever seen represented on television.
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

Vazra

Pft we didn't start it...but we sure as hell will finish it.

kW3Jg.gif

I like Lana....but when you try to hold her up as an example of vocal excellence you are asking to be dragged.

I haven't called her vocal excellence, but compared to 1D she is a Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

EDIT: Off topic

Source for this?

ixDC9qPGbFyVB.gif

royalan

On the subject of Lana's vocals: I'm reminded of Billie Holiday. Those familiar with her work know that her range was shit and her technique shittier. And thanks to excessive drug use her voice was all but shot by the last few years of her too-short life.

And yet she, more so than any other vocalist, is considered to be the best Jazz singer of the era.

And why? Because even through her faults, she could interpret lyrics on a higher level than most of her contemporaries. She could pack more heartbreak into a single phrase than most other singers could pack into an entire album. Just a masterclass in making you feel a song.

I get a lot of that tea from Lana.

(Seriously fuck this keyboard)

Trigger

On the subject of Lana's vocals: I'm reminded of Billie Holiday. Those familiar with her work know that her range was shit and her technique shittier. And thanks to excessive drug use her voice was all but shot by the last few years of her too-short life.

And yet she, more so than any other vocalist, is considered to be the best Jazz singer of the era.

And why? Because even through her faults, she could interpret lyrics on a higher level than most of her contemporaries. She could pack more heartbreak into a single phrase than most other singers could pack into an entire album. Just a masterclass in making you feel a song.

I get a lot of that tea from Lana.

(Seriously fuck this keyboard)

Comparing Billiesus Holiday to Lana?

mlGtp.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I haven't called her vocal excellence, but compared to 1D she is a Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey.

But you are acting like if talent is the the end all be all, the last time I checked this was a pop thread where people stan for Britney Spears in 2012 (no offense Kyon <3), if talent was the first thing in our minds some of our faves wouldn't even be talked about. Lack of talent has never stopped anyone from making a good album and having all the talent in the world hasn't stopped Xtina from releasing another mediocre album.

so please take a seat with the elitism
ibjBlQD9oKxj6J.gif

royalan

But you are acting like if talent is the the end all be all, the last time I checked this was a pop thread where people stan for Britney Spears in 2012 (no offense Kyon <3), if talent was the first thing in our minds some of our faves wouldn't even be talked about. Lack of talent has never stopped anyone from making a good album and having all the talent in the world hasn't stopped Xtina from releasing another mediocre album.

ibjBlQD9oKxj6J.gif

I would agree with this if we were talking solo artists.

Btw Lotus shits all over 1D's latest Kids Bop monstrosity.

Vazra

ibjBlQD9oKxj6J.gif

ivUFs33yAXrnd.gif

We all have different perspectives here. I have my standards which are different than yours. As you can call my perspective shit I can call yours shit too which is pretty much what has been going over here.

Take a seat with the ignorance.
ibjBlQD9oKxj6J.gif

RubyFaith

Someone equally irrelevant as Azealia it seems. First time I heard the name here tbh.

Equally irrelevant? Oh gosh. To the history books with you. I know she's reggae which is pretty much a underexposed genre-- especially in this day and age, but you can't drag someone you know nothing about...

She had a prime (Azelia has none) and is way past it now-- you could probably call her irrelevant which still wouldn't do you any good seeing that she wouldn't need to be relevant having a legacy you're unaware of and all.

You probably only appreciate people that are currently mainstream (notes the Lana in your DP) and Patra is more than likely way beyond your time. It's ok though because I'm here to educate.

Alexandra_Petting_Melody.gif

royalan

Equally irrelevant? Oh gosh. To the history books with you. I know she's reggae which is pretty much a underexposed genre-- especially in this day and age, but you can't drag someone you know nothing about...

She had a prime (Azelia has none) and is way past it now-- you could probably call her irrelevant which still wouldn't do you any good seeing that she wouldn't need to be relevant having a legacy you're unaware of and all.

You probably only appreciate people that are currently mainstream (notes the Lana in your DP) and Patra is more than likely way beyond your time. It's ok though because I'm here to educate.

Alexandra_Petting_Melody.gif
Educate these hoes on The Queen of the Pack!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom