• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
There's some legitimate criticisms to be made about alterations of a pop star's skin tone in the media and how that affects the psychological well-being of a minority fan base, but using "hurr she bleaches" as shade just seems hollow and problematic.
ibciSNYMfZ5nnF.gif

Par for the course for botty. Remember him slut-shaming Frank Ocean.
ibciSNYMfZ5nnF.gif

Bladenic

Can we move past this and talk about Warrior?

Regardless of the missing tracks and LQ, the tracks here SHIT. Almost no auto-tune, lots of rock elements, plenty of jams, and a ton of signature Ke$ha lyrics. Can't wait for the full thing.

royalan

Beyonce in 1999

Beyonce in 2001

jNlOddAuw8cvY.jpg

Beyonce in 2003

I could go on...

You were saying?
ibb2H8IErAEVE3.gif

Second, sis you know I love you but there's a HUGE difference in those shots.

That first one is a young Bey sporting her natural skin tone (maybe a bit tan).

That last one? A gross attempt to make herself look lighter than she naturally is.

What's roy's excuse, then?

I have no excuse. But as I said last page I couldn't care less about Beyonce bleaching or whatever the hell it is she does to herself. I'm too busy enjoying my own sexy chocolate ass to give a damn about the people who can't see the beauty in how Godtina created them naturally. What bothers me is that she positions herself and allows herself to be seen as a role model for young black girls. As a community black people have only recently begun to really wake up to these images and ideas we've long accepted as commonplace and the effect they can have on our sense of self-worth even as young children.

It just doesn't sit right with me.

If y'all remember, I went in on Wendy Williams for this a while back. So it's not just Bey's lacefront I'm looking to collect.

Trigger

There's a good use of breakdowns and the beats on Warrior are fantastic. Warrior may not have a lot of variety, but it's a going to be a great dance album.

botty

Banned
Second, sis you know I love you but there's a HUGE difference in those shots.

That first one is a young Bey sporting her natural skin tone (maybe a bit tan).

That last one? A gross attempt to make herself look lighter than she naturally is.

I have no excuse. But as I said last page I couldn't care less about Beyonce bleaching or whatever the hell it is she does to herself. I'm too busy enjoying my own sexy chocolate ass to give a damn about the people who can't see the beauty in how Godtina created them naturally. What bothers me is that she positions herself and allows herself to be seen as a role model for young black girls. As a community black people have only recently begun to really wake up to these images and ideas we've long accepted as commonplace and the effect they can have on our sense of self-worth even as young children.

It just doesn't sit right with me.

If y'all remember, I went in on Wendy Williams for this a while back. So it's not just Bey's lacefront I'm looking to collect.

I find it hilarious how easy it is for people to accept the Xtina draggings in here, but when it's someone else being dragged for something there is a problem.

The audacity of some people.

4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif

Ugh, I wish it hadn't. I refuse to listen, and I will enjoy Warrior when I get it in the mail. I just hope that people will care about my impressions by then.

I am not going to listen to any more tracks either. We can be out of date together!

I am probably going to do a review. We will see.

Seems like everything leaks now.

Trigger

Leaks are just part of the music scene now unfortunately. If a person cares about an artist they will put there money where there mouth is though.

Ugh, I wish it hadn't. I refuse to listen, and I will enjoy Warrior when I get it in the mail. I just hope that people will care about my impressions by then.

Of course we will sis. <3

Bladenic

I may do a review for Warrior. Not really into that since #neaux1curr about my opinion but what I've heard is just so good. Can't wait for the deluxe.

Koodo

Banned
The plug rooms (yes, even Vocalists; we invaded that one to see if it worked, Deli tested it out with One Direction) are being positively LOTUS tonight.

I couldn't log in all afternoon. Now when I do get it never plays any music for me.

Plug seems to be very buggy all around. Seldom do 2/3 days go by without SOME bug cropping up. Kind of sad considering that its such a nice simple service.

Bladenic

I couldn't log in all afternoon. Now when I do get it never plays any music for me.

Plug seems to be very buggy all around. Seldom do 2/3 days go by without SOME bug cropping up. Kind of sad considering that its such a nice simple service.

It's funny cuz they just did 12 hours of maintenance.

I am not going to listen to any more tracks either. We can be out of date together!

I am probably going to do a review. We will see.

Seems like everything leaks now.
Yay! :D Glad I'm not the only one waiting. No telling how long MyPlayDirect is going to take to ship my CD/EP, so I must stay as strong as possible. I will just die if I have to wait a week after the release date to get it.

Of course we will sis. <3
<3

People can say all the bad things they want about POPGAF, but they are wrong. Everyone here is awesome. :)

I may do a review for Warrior. Not really into that since #neaux1curr about my opinion but what I've heard is just so good. Can't wait for the deluxe.
I actually care. I think you are cool.

This conversation about Beyonce's blackness on the basis of how light-skinned she naturally is is sad.
Disgusting to boot. The inference that Beyonce bleaches, is that she hates being black. It's gross.
Par for the course for botty. Remember him slut-shaming Frank Ocean.
ibciSNYMfZ5nnF.gif
Mhmm
I find it hilarious how easy it is for people to accept the Xtina draggings in here, but when it's someone else being dragged for something there is a problem.

The audacity of some people.

4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
Xtina gets dragged for what? Horrible singing? Not dressing for her body type? Is anyone dragging her for her hypothetical self hate?
There's some legitimate criticisms to be made about alterations of a pop star's skin tone in the media and how that affects the psychological well-being of a minority fan base, but using "hurr she bleaches" as shade just seems hollow and problematic.
ibciSNYMfZ5nnF.gif
And a lil racist.
Sometimes she looks lighter, sometimes she looks darker.

Who the fuck cares?
Xtina fans apparently. (sans Soulscribe)

iDUU2oh1UYuCz.gif

Yay! :D Glad I'm not the only one waiting. No telling how long MyPlayDirect is going to take to ship my CD/EP, so I must stay as strong as possible. I will just die if I have to wait a week after the release date to get it.

Yeah. Usually I listen to the first couple tracks that leak (to determine whether I want the album) then avoid the rest. Probably going to just buy from Itunes....I don't have the willpower to wait for CD's to ship anymore.

itor2L2Mhy76W.gif

LuuKyK

Its not that bad though. I heard Disney is considering a Sleeping Beauty adaptation. Maybe thats it? Rumors said it was DELAYED because they were having a hard time finding a fitting artist for the main role.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Its not that bad though. I heard Disney is considering a Sleeping Beauty adaptation. Maybe thats it? Rumors said it was DELAYED because they were having a hard time finding a fitting artist for the main role.

That would be great. Disney would give Queen Lana dat promo and Lana would craft the sweetest of lullabies.

Hew else but the new It Girl?

ibpcdqbpLfxRh8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom