• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
This discussion prompted me to listen to some of Olly Murs music.

Big old "meh" from me.

Some of it is decent and catchy and has an interesting vibe....but still I think he lacks something special to make him stand out. Not really interested.

Also not nearly as attractive as people made him out to be.

Only room for one British obsession in my life.

itor2L2Mhy76W.gif

royalan

Disgusting to boot. The inference that Beyonce bleaches, is that she hates being black. It's gross.

That's more than a little extreme, but she's definitely guilty of propagating the idea that lighter skin and more European features are a requirement for beauty, success and social acceptance. Her own actual blackness almost has nothing to do with it, in that sense.

And to be fair to Beyonce, she's not the only person guilty of this. But, there are also very few women in the black community being held up as an "ideal" to the degree that Beyonce is. I mean, did you watch this year's BET Awards?

Zutroy

In tribute to Godel's absence...

Next week in UK pop domination

12UMGIM58027.600x600-75.jpg

Girls Aloud - Ten

One of the UK's biggest girl groups reforms for their greatest hits comeback. Album includes all their biggest hits, including a bunch of new song (at least I think anyway, I've certainly not hear of any of the songs from the second disc)

886443677579.600x600-75.jpg

Olly Murs - Right Place Right Time

He usually always has a couple of good tracks. Your mum will probably love it.

TULISA_TFB_2400X2400_RGB3-dark.600x600-75.jpg

Tulisa - The Female Boss

Current UK X-Factor judge, former N-Dubz member. This is her debut solo album, which will probably contain a mix of dance and urban. I liked her first two singles from it (Young & Live it Up) so I'm looking forward to this.

12UMGIM58730.600x600-75.jpg

McFly - Memory Lane

Another greatest hits album. They've had some decent tunes in the past, so it's bound to be an alright collection. Plus is has Party Girl, which I love.

You may return to not giving a shit.

Queen_Liz_at_Opening.gif

Artemisia

Banned
So in a recent Billboard interview, Christina Aguilera stated that she feels it is her responsibility to 'uphold a certain vocal standard'.

iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

HiResDes

Gonna check out those upcoming albums to see if theres much ive been missing in the way of contemporary UK artists, will return with impressions at the end of the week

I love when she says "Blank Page" reminds her of that feeling of empowerment she gets... when she listens to "Beautiful." Lmao

Stop talking girl. Just stop.

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o1_250.gif

Majmun

And she seems to like Frank Ocean

Speaking of emotional artistry, Aguilera said she likes what she's heard by R&B newcomer Frank Ocean.

"He has more of a subtle record than most out there," she said. I" love his song Bad Religion. It's beautiful. It's one of those you're jealous it's not your song."

botty, take notes from your fave
i0KIEP90YgpdJ.gif

I sometimes think that I'm the only person who thinks of The Voice Within when I hear "empowering Christina Aguilera songs."

Yeah, though The Voice Within didn't inspire me specifically I can see its impact. Beautiful didn't really inspire me much either but I think that probably had better reach for people.

Honestly Hurt is probably the most empowering anthem to me. It's not meant to empower, but everything about that song inspires. <3

Mumei

Yeah, though The Voice Within didn't inspire me specifically I can see its impact. Beautiful didn't really inspire me much either but I think that probably had better reach for people.

Honestly Hurt is probably the most empowering anthem to me. It's not meant to empower, but everything about that song inspires. <3

Hurt just makes me sad.

Majmun

Hurt is my favorite Xtina song ever *.*

One of my best friends died during the time the song came out. It is very special to me.

/personal POPGAF

Majmun

There's nothing I wouldn't do
To hear your voice again
Sometimes I want to call you but I know you won't be there

Some days I feel broke inside but I won't admit
Sometimes I just want to hide 'cause it's you I miss
You know it's so hard to say goodbye when it comes to this

There's nothing I wouldn't do
To have just one more chance
To look into your eyes and see you looking back

If I had just one more day, I would tell you how much that
I've missed you since you've been away

Oh, it's dangerous
It's so out of line to try to turn back time

Those parts ALWAYS slay me
ic8BZNyauavUk.gif

Mau ®

This morning's RihALLAH news

Much to the dismay of the vocal haters up in this cunt, Diamonds will be #1 next week again. Not that anybody should be surprised at Rihanna's slayage at this point. With 3 versions of the song charting on iTunes Top 100, all of them combined outsell PSY btw.

And just like I predicted months ago, Diamonds is on track to be become her biggest radio hit of all timE. Its already surpassed WFL btw.

Will the Rihanna Reign ever really let up?

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

In also exciting drama news... Rihanna instragrammed a pic of Bruises sleeping in his bed

proxy.jpg

And Bruises's ex Kukaracha seems OK with it kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

A8hY5uJCMAA3PkJ.jpg

Get dat abusive diq Rih

Today Rihanna promotes in the UK X-Factor. Should've done "Strictly Come Dancing" but oh well

botty

Banned
And she seems to like Frank Ocean

botty, take notes from your fave

And much like the rest of the world, she was only impressed by one Francis Ocean song. We're talking about an album that has a song based on a dragon ball character, and filled with odes to his hook ups with other members in OFWGKTA

icMox0NzKure7.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

Much to the dismay of the vocal haters up in this cunt, Diamonds will be #1 next week again. Not that anybody should be surprised at Rihanna's slayage at this point. With 3 versions of the song charting on iTunes Top 100, all of them combined outsell PSY btw.

And just like I predicted months ago, Diamonds is on track to be become her biggest radio hit of all timE. Its already surpassed WFL btw.

#DIAMONDS just re-slayed me this morning. It's so good.

---

I see botty with the slut shaming again. All that self-hate is rising to the surface.

Majmun

Much to the dismay of the vocal haters up in this cunt, Diamonds will be #1 next week again.

#1 album
#1 single

Dat Rihanna reign

And much like the rest of the world, she was only impressed by one Francis Ocean song. We're talking about an album that has a song based on a dragon ball character, and filled with odes to his hook ups with other members in OFWGKTA

How awesome is Pink Matter??? It's not Frank's fault you don't understand metaphors.

Bladenic

I remember when Botty had atrocious taste but at least he was harmless when it came to dragging.

Now he has atrocious taste and is relentless, but keeps it extremely not cute.

botty

Banned
How awesome is Pink Matter??? It's not Frank's fault you don't understand metaphors.

It's the whiniest song on the album, and I can not relate to it at all. But if you're into songs about a man's love for his pink dil action figure named Majin Buu, enjoy.

ibe5AYaPHs3VWD.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

In also exciting drama news... Rihanna instragrammed a pic of Bruises sleeping in his bed

proxy.jpg

And Bruises's ex Kukaracha seems OK with it kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

A8hY5uJCMAA3PkJ.jpg

Get dat abusive diq Rih

Today Rihanna promotes in the UK X-Factor. Should've done "Strictly Come Dancing" but oh well

All this ain't nobody's business...
wkmxac.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom