• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

ncPC0.png

Yes, I just finished listening and I can't say that I am a fan.

Bruno is way better than that... song. :x

I'm getting jealous of all these people with Christmas themed avatars. Could someone Christmas-fy mine? I would appreciate it a lot. :)

Nemesis_

His lead single(?) from this album was quite good but nothing that would send me into stan mode. I honestly wonder if he will go in a different direction for this alberm, but from the sounds of it it seems rather disposable.

Certainly not shaking up them Grammy nominations.

NEXT

GBhe7.gif

Nemesis_

NEW SONG COMING

Always talked about and general all around hit maker, Christina Milian has just debutted her debut single from what cannot be a come back album because she's been around for so long and her relevance is just so high and everyone is always talking about her.

It's called "Hello" and is produced by both The Stafford Brothers and Lil' Wayne, who both feature on the track and totally add everything to it's production because let's face it they are talented, big name figures in the music industry.

558975_10152291629785694_1838570765_n.png

~ CLICK TO LISTEN TO THIS "ELECTRO-POP JAM" ~

As if 2012 wasn't already RANCID enough

I just realised I'm starting to sound like PopJustice RIP

TBH I want to ask "Hello, Are You Listening To Your Output?"

Nemesis_

I don't know why these girls are all trying it with electronica all of a sudden. They're so fucking damn late to the party, and let's be honest, this is just so boring and generic and more importantly - forgettable. Her voice isn't even that gud either.

Nemesis_

More things piling up, I wonder if Gaga will take the role or even bother.

ladyw.jpg

Lady Gaga has been named as a “great” choice to play Amy Winehouse in a biopic by none other than the later singer’s dad, Mitch Winehouse. Speaking to Heat, Mitch told the publication that a Winehouse movie was definitely in the works and that Gaga would be perfect for the role. “There will be a biopic,” he said. “Lady Gaga is welcome to audition for the part of Amy — she would be great. Ray Winstone will probably end up playing me.”

It’s not the first time Gaga has been linked to the role. Last year it was reported that the ‘Born This Way’ singer ”worshipped Amy” and “would love nothing more than to transform herself into her idol on the big screen.” A source added, “Gaga’s been itching to make the transition from music into movies and sees this as the ideal role to launch her film career. Gaga’s management team had been discussing possible film ventures before Amy’s untimely death. But there’s only ever been one role she wants and that’s to play Amy.”

That said, the timing may not be the best. Over the weekend, Gaga revealed that she has written more than 50 songs for her next album, ‘ARTPOP,’ which is expected out next year, and some sources suggest that the singer is behind schedule working on the disc.

http://diffuser.fm/lady-gaga-amy-winehouse-biopic/

ARTPOP being behind schedule.

;___________________________;

Only because she looks like her. I don't know how terrible an actress she would be so I'm not excited to find out, lol.

Just finish ARTPOP tbh

Nemesis_

She will descend from the heavens, bless us with the divine entity that is ARTPOP and then rise above the rest of her pleb lessors.

Haters can seethe.

image.php

Mumei

This doesn't even take into account sales, or longevity.

z63MU.gif

It also doesn't take into account how many singles were released in particular eras; sometimes artists have eras that only actually have 2 or 3 real singles (e.g. Mariah only had 3 singles from Emotions, 3 real singles from Daydream, 2 real singles from Butterfly).

And by "real" singles, I mean that it was eligible to chart (e.g., All I Want For Christmas For You wasn't until 2000 and that was only for the remix), that it released in the United States, and that it wasn't a limited release.

Nemesis_

I guessed it was the iconic Cerulean scene before I even clicked

NaJhS.gif

Andrea tried

EDIT: Maybe we should measure success by how many succesful Christmas singles they've had? :conniving:

Mumei

EDIT: Maybe we should measure success by how many succesful Christmas singles they've had? :conniving:

Excellent idea!

No, but I think that single metrics aren't really reliable; I think looking at album sales, single sales, radio airplay, and historical context (e.g. Adele selling 25 million is more impressive than anyone in the 90s or early 00s selling 25 million; Rihanna selling 100 million or whatever singles is less impressive than Madonna doing that in her career) is the way to go.

I just think dividing number of top ten singles by number of albums to determine consistency is... silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom