• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
jnE9RWDmCZWJi.png
Thanks. :)

Nemesis_

1835459-madonna-Rotterdam-07241990-617-600.jpg

Madonna's iconic cone brassiere, worn by the pop diva during her 1990 Blond Ambition tour, sold for $52,000 at the Christie's Pop Culture auction in London on Thursday (Nov. 29).

The green and pink silk costume, which redefined the female silhouette and moved many designers to add some edge to their undergarments, was created by Jean-Paul Gaultier.

The French designer has since revisited the cone bra and transformed the iconic lingerie for Madonna's MDNA world tour, emphasizing the architecture of the corset and playing with the contrast of masculinity and femininity.

Another item of interest to Madonna fans at the auction was a black Lycra two-piece labeled "Trashy" that Madonna wore to perform "Vogue." It fetched just shy of $26,000.

From Billboard

How long are flights between Beverly Hills and London?
bhuHH.gif

3M8g1.gif

Nemesis_

So why are there crumbs around her mouth?

qduoywgbrbewrfbuewyrew Protecting her stans by taste testing.

IMAGES of the QUEEN doing work with United Nations.

A9NTEfHCEAAx7y2.jpg

EDIT: There is an Oily Murs video on right now featuring Flo Rida. It's awful. What is this Adam Levine channeling mess?

Nemesis_

OMG that FAME GIF. I am deceased.

Some updates on SCREAM and SHOUT if anyone is interested.

Will.i.am's collaboration with Britney Spears on 'Scream & Shout' is holding steady on top of the the iTunes singles chart in the U.S. and the track is shaping up to be a massive global smash that is going to stick around for a long while. Its not only another big accomplishment for superstars will.i.am and Britney Spears, the single's success is also a huge milestone achievement for young up and comer Lazy Jay (aka Jef Martens) who entirely produced the track along with his brother Toon. The Belgian brother duo was first noted in 2011 after producing Azealia Bank's breakthrough tune, "212."

Martens called into the Dutch pop radio station 3FM last week to talk a little more about how his tune with will.i.am and Britney Spears came about."One night I was just working in my home studio in Holland and I received a phone call from a 310 area code and I wasn't sure who it was," Martens remembers. "When I picked up, it was will.i.am. I couldn't believe it. He said, 'Hi, it's will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas, I've heard some of your stuff and I think it's really dope and I want to make record with you and Britney Spears. Is that okay'?' Of course, I said, yes. It was a surreal moment."

It turned out that will.i.am's longtime friend and collaborator Jean Baptiste (Black Eyed Peas, Madonna, Kelis, Rihanna) had passed on Martens' contact information to Will. "I was working with Baptiste on a few tracks following the success of '212' and he mentioned that to Will and one thing led to another," Martens explains.

After sending ideas back and forth via email, Martens and his brother flew to Los Angeles to finish up the track with will.i.am at Hollywood's legendary Record Plant studios. "Britney wasn't in the studio with us," Martens explains. "She already cut the vocals for the track, but her manager was with us. Chris Brown and Avril Lavigne rolled by as well. It was incredible. I was like a kid in a candy store."

Martens adds, "Not a lot people always realize that will.i.am is truly a fantastic producer and so that's why I thought it was so amazing he asked us to participate." He also reveals that will.i.am was so impressed with Martens that he asked him to work on another new track with him that will be on forthcoming solo album.

http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwri...ritney-spears-scream-and-shout-interview.html

I'd still like to know what the fuck was with the accent though

EDIT: CATCH MY BREATH playing at 2AM. Get DAT PROMO Kelly.

Nemesis_

I'm sorry Navy but Umbrella is Rihanna most iconic video and song. There is no comparison, it just played and it slayed me with all those memories.

Eww now Wide Awake is on let me go sleep.

SaintZ

So that rumor about Avril working with shit.I.am was true, ugh. The collab can't be worse than the Girlfriend remix with Lil' Mama though.

Majmun

Next year is going to be amazing *.*

New Beyonce and Gaga *.*

Probably new Janelle and Robyn too *.*

And of course Rihanna's next ma$terpiece
iI68SF18GuWQG.gif

Kyon

Banned
I love Bey because she is the Queen of the universe and no bitch in the game can do it like her...

But for years of being in the BeyHive I couldn't IGNORE that she has about as much personality as SANDPAPER. She has EMBODIED the title of Android Amazonian Empress from the Kingdom of Lost Wigs.
She has no personality except the one she has on stage

What's great personality? Shaving your head and going into meltdown mode?

Bey has been very private about her personal life.

Being private = no personality???

The most private celeb on earth has a few candid moments or interviews where they are interesting. Bey has none. She is 100% bland (or fake depending on the day) 100% of the time.

She still slays and is incredibly talented so I forgive her for it.

Kyon

Banned
What's great personality? Shaving your head and going into meltdown mode?

Bey has been very private about her personal life.

Being private = no personality???

Why are you gettin defensive. I'm not trying to drag her. Her personality is just not there. Idk how you been a Stan for years and not see this. It has nothing to do with having a private life either

cory64

Next year is going to be amazing *.*

New Beyonce and Gaga *.*

Probably new Janelle and Robyn too *.*

And of course Rihanna's next ma$terpiece
http://i.minus.com/iI68SF18GuWQG.gif

plus 3 Annie EPs... maybe. she deactivated her facebook :(

er wait...
– Lately I’ve been working on three EP’s that were supposed to be out this year, but because I don’t have the label situation worked out, they’ve been postponed till next year. I hope the first one will be out early 2013. There’s also supposed to be an album out later next year, the music is there…

Majmun

I dunno. Bey always talks about work. And she comes off as a very shy person when talking about her personal life. She has managed to conceal her life pretty well.

I don't know how she is in private, and I don't really care.

Her public persona is what makes me stan for her. But I never found her boring in interviews. She's done a few fun ones, and she is always very charming.
Unlike so many other faves who just can't get their head out their own ass.

Bladenic

Wait OT4 is almost here?

tumblr_me9o8tKVaX1qd7fc3o2_250.gif

2 OTs in a row in the top 10, one in the top 5 but cockblocked from top 3. Coming for the top 3 next OT, watch out bitches.

Artemisia

Banned
What has the born this way foundation actually done besides litter office depot with stationary that features trite mantas of acceptance?

ibeCIpuQBcRQdX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom