• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
This is the second time that rancid creature has been quoted in a 24-hour period.

iqkaAxAbdo3z3.gif

A new low for this thread.

DMeisterJ

Banned
So when does music get discussed in here? I want to hear new things. Not cap my internet.

It's the end of the year and all the relevant albums have launched. If you were here a few weeks ago, we would have been discussing Lotus (gag), Unapologetic, Girl on Fire, Warrior, Paradise, etc.

I believe I will also be stanning for Bey if the lead single delivers. I do need to stan for at least one artist who is successful, I'm tired of flops like Ke@ha.
Warrior is great, and Ke$ha is trashy awesome. Us animals may be in small numbers on here, but we know good music when we hear it.

I SEE how it is, though. You stan for someone, and then turn on them the minute they don't do good. You should have a field day when Bey's album releases then.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Warrior is great, and Ke$ha is trashy awesome. Us animals may be in small numbers on here, but we know good music when we hear it.

I SEE how it is, though. You stan for someone, and then turn on them the minute they don't do good. You should have a field day when Bey's album releases then.

The #NAVY doesn't turn on Rih when she doesn't do good... Actually... I wouldn't know. She's been slaying for so long, the opportunity hasn't really presented itself. #poordat

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

Koodo

Banned
Not shintoki getting you gerls' tits in a twist so easily.

ib0sLsIAjncOeJ.gif

Speaking of music, I can confirm Roy Toy was not afflicted with severe cognitive dissonance at least once this Fall season. Elle Varner's alberm is GREAT.

Her voice is dripping with so much swagger.
iBNURTqODWz4J.jpg

Bladenic

The #NAVY doesn't turn on Rih when she doesn't do good... Actually... I wouldn't know. She's been slaying for so long, the opportunity hasn't really presented itself. #poordat

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

Exactly.

I don't see the problem in wanting to stan for artists who can make good shit and also be successful. Ke?ha is headed for Flo Rida and Pitbull levels of single artist, and I'm not hurr for it.

royalan

ib0sLsIAjncOeJ.gif

Speaking of music, I can confirm Roy Toy was not afflicted with severe cognitive dissonance at least once this Fall season. Elle Varner's alberm is GREAT.

iBNURTqODWz4J.jpg

iPo7IHJQYJEGU.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Exactly.

I don't see the problem in wanting to stan for artists who can make good shit and also be successful. Ke?ha is headed for Flo Rida and Pitbull levels of single artist, and I'm not hurr for it.

Nothing wrong with that. Who'd want to be like the periods and stan for their flop for years on end and defend them to death. Jump ship with no shame, and stan for the successful cunts.

tumblr_meqluvOkVB1qf7vguo1_250.gif

Majmun

iBNURTqODWz4J.jpg

It has some good tracks on it. But I can't get into her voice. It's the same with Mary J. Blidge. I really want to love it, but can't thanks to her unappealing voice.

There's plenty to turn on Rih for though. Obnoxious personality, poor personal choices, terrible live vocals, zero stage charisma...

I think if Rihanna put out an objectively good album that failed to sell, most Rih stans would dump her. #Navy stanhood seems to be as disposable as Rih herself. Thankfully for them she's had good luck in her singles choices #notyetdisposed

royalan

Nothing wrong with that. Who'd want to be like the periods and stan for their flop for years on end and defend them to death. Jump ship with no shame, and stan for the successful cunts.

I suppose, if your love for an artist is completely dependent on how well they do. Go 'head and jump that ship, Bladenic!

DMeisterJ

Banned
There's plenty to turn on Rih for though. Obnoxious personality, poor personal choices, terrible live vocals, zero stage charisma...

tumblr_meszq67kDW1qh402go1_250.gif

I think if Rihanna put out an objectively good album that failed to sell, most Rih stans would dump her. #Navy stanhood seems to be as disposable as Rih herself. Thankfully for them she's had good luck in her singles choices #notyetdisposed

Um, I don't think that the #NAVY would dispose of her if she flopped, but like I said, she hasn't had the opportunity to flop, so I wouldn't know. And 'luck' on her singles is hilarious. She's successful and not lucky. One or two singles is luck, 12 is a record of success. Nevermind her 5 platinum albums.

Koodo

Banned
It has some good tracks on it. But I can't get into her voice. It's the same with Mary J. Blidge. I really want to love it, but can't thanks to her unappealing voice.
I see.

Her voice gets a bit too raspy at times, but I find her delivery to make up for that. So fierce. She doesn't leave a cunt unpunched, that's for sure.

Um, I don't think that the #NAVY would dispose of her if she flopped, but like I said, she hasn't had the opportunity to flop, so I wouldn't know. And 'luck' on her singles is hilarious. She's successful and not lucky. One or two singles is luck, 12 is a record of success. Nevermind her 5 platinum albums.

It just seems that Rihanna stans stan HARDEST for her most successful stuff, and it seems to happen more after-the-fact than otherwise. People look back and consider Loud their favorite era, and the first two albums are their least favorite eras. Also seems that the #Navy generally doesn't like Talk That Talk except for the singles. Just seems like an overwhelmingly SIMILAR correlation between what the #Navy likes and what's selling well to the masses. So I can see how if something doesn't do well on radio then the #Navy would be like "Eh, it wasn't my favorite anyway." One of my best friends (certified #Navy) was lukewarm on Diamonds until he found out it was doing really well on radio, and now thinks it's her magnum opus. lol

icqUXFZGviN4w.gif

Marius looks like him? Don't think I've ever seen a pic of that hoe

lol, they're both hispanic but Marius is cuter than twirly gif man.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

12 out of how many hundreds of millions of releases though?

21 top tens out of 22 releases, now that's a record of success.

Mau ®

Funny how that "objectively good album that failed to sell" Rih album has been released already and THATs exactly when I started stanning.

oop.

Also the #Navy loves Rih's personality. We dont currr for Bruises and I suspect the general public doesnt care about that beyond a "SMH but I'll still play ha shit anyway".

Oh and her performances this era have been amazing IMO.

DMeisterJ

Banned
12 out of how many hundreds of millions of releases though?

21 top tens out of 22 releases, now that's a record of success.

One of these acts is local, and one of them is WorldWide. Congrats on 21 out of 22 top 10 releases, Rih has more than 21 top tens. She has 23.

-----

As for "Diamonds" it grew on me as well. I didn't like it as much as I like it now.

Pretty sure it is.

And funny story about Diamonds Soulscribe, it kind of fits me too. Of course I didn't like it because it was successful, just grew on me.

Well it's different when you're having to hear it more and more often because it's successful; it'll likely either get you on its good side or make you hate it forever (like me with Rolling In The Deep. Urgh)

royalan

I see.

Her voice gets a bit too raspy at times, but I find her delivery to make up for that. So fierce. She doesn't leave a cunt unpunched, that's for sure.

She's definitely got one of those voices that you love or hate. I love it, tho. Adds so much personalities to her songs.

She kind of reminds me of Macy Gray in that way. They both have the same type of rasp, but Elle's a lot stronger on the whole "singing ability" thing, whereas Macy relied on that rasp because she really had no choice.

Mau ®

I loved Diamonds on rihlease and we have receipts of that.

I also said it would be one of her biggest radio hits. Which was true *.*

royalan

Diamonds bell curved with me.

Hated it at first. But it's a Rihanna song, so of course it gets played everywhere instantly so it grew on me. But now that that's over I'm back to hating it. Not timeless at all.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Diamonds bell curved with me.

Hated it at first. But it's a Rihanna song, so of course it gets played everywhere instantly so it grew on me. But now that that's over I'm back to hating it. Not timeless at all.

Yes, "Diamonds" is over. It currently has 180 million AI, which is roughly 90 times what Xtuna has, and is higher than any other song, and is still #1 on the Hot 100.

Yes, it's over.

ib0sLsIAjncOeJ.gif

iBNURTqODWz4J.jpg

Yes! Her and Melanie Fiona (And Anhayla) are the best R&B releases I've heard from females this year!!!

royalan

OMFGGGGG Dangerously in Love (album and song) are Amazing!!!!!

#Slain

Stans for Beyonce.

Only JUST NOW listening to her best album.

Ch...

ANYWAY. GIRLS I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE RULES.

So, some flawless, flawless stan has compiled all of Cassie's unreleased music into a Trilogy of mixtapes (complete with cover art) and made it available for download.

I want to link to it, but I'm not sure if that would be breaking the same rule that got us all banned.

On one hand, it's all unreleased music. Most of it has been floating around the internet for YEARS and it's likely at this point that the intended album is never happening (;____;).

But, they're not official mixtapes. Some stan made these mixtapes from what were, essentially, leaks. At the time.

I don't know what to do.....;____;

ANYWAY. GIRLS I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE RULES.

So, some flawless, flawless stan has compiled all of Cassie's unreleased music into a Trilogy of mixtapes (complete with cover art) and made it available for download.

I want to link to it, but I'm not sure if that would be breaking the same rule that got us all banned.

On one hand, it's all unreleased music. Most of it has been floating around the internet for YEARS and it's likely at this point that the intended album is never happening (;____;).

But, they're not official mixtapes. Some stan made these mixtapes from what were, essentially, leaks. At the time.

I don't know what to do.....;____;

Fuck Cassie

A Flawless exceptional human being who happens to stan for the Goddess Ciara has compiled a mixtape of her greatest unreleased BANGERS! These songs have mostly been released directly by her through the years, and some others via mixtape.

Click the image, bitch!!!

And yes I know that is a shitty, shitty cover art :|

Mau ®

Make no mistake hoes. The ITZ™ certified stanning is a harbinger of success for any fave thats blessed with it.

Examples:

- The Rihanna Reing
- Taylor Swift's massive RED bloodbath
- The Carly Rae summer slaying.
- The Britney slayage of 1999-2011
- Now Beyoncé

If your fave doesnt have the ITZ™ certification chances are... it might flop *.*

Bladenic

Make no mistake hoes. The ITZ™ certified stanning is a harbinger of success for any fave thats blessed with it.

Examples:

- The Rihanna Reing
- Taylor Swift's massive RED bloodbath
- The Carly Rae summer slaying.
- The Britney slayage of 1999-2011
- Now Beyoncé

If your fave doesnt have the ITZ™ certification chances are... it might flop *.*

Should have given that certificate to Ke+ha, Allah knows she needed it.

royalan

Do you like my new avatar, Royalan
iEiV3P6jluOob.gif

iWhsHj0efU8JQ.gif

Fuck Cassie

A Flawless exceptional human being who happens to stan for the Goddess Ciara has compiled a mixtape of her greatest unreleased BANGERS! These songs have mostly been released directly by her through the years, and some others via mixtape.

Click the image, bitch!!!

And yes I know that is a shitty, shitty cover art :|

...is that Trey Songz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom