• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
"I'll be in my castle golden"
Not to be confused with platinum.

iLtsL0v6h9upN.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
THIS IS THE MANIFESTO OF MARIUS MONS†ER

i5bGD43yVMKYv.gif

ON G.A.F, AN EVILORE GAMING AGE FORUM ON THE INTERNET, A BANNING OF MAGNIFICENT AND MAGICAL PROPORTION TOOK PLACE. BUT THE BANNING WAS NOT PERM, IT WAS REQUESTED. AS THE WEEKS NUMBERED AND THE OFFICIAL THREADS OF THE FUTURE BEGAN, IT WAS PERCEIVED THAT THIS INFAMOUS MOMENT IN GAF IS NOT TEMPORAL; IT IS ETERNAL. AND THUS BEGAN THE BEGINNING OF A NEW LIFE, A LIFE WITHIN TWITTER, A LIFE THAT BEARS PREJUDICE, JUDGMENT, BUT MOSTLY BOUNDLESS STANNING. BUT ON THAT SAME DAY, AS THE ETERNAL MONSTER POSTED ON ATRL, ANOTHER MORE TERRIFYING STAN TOOK PLACE; THE STAN OF LESSORS. AND AS HE HIMSELF SPLIT INTO TWO, ROTATING IN AGONY BETWEEN TWO ULTIMATE QUEENS, THE PENDULUM OF CHOICE BEGAN ITS DANCE. IT SEEMS EASY, YOU IMAGINE, TO GRAVITATE INSTANTLY AND UNWAVERINGLY TOWARDS GAGA. BUT HE WONDERED, "HOW CAN I STAN FOR SOMETHING SO PERFECT WHILE HAVING A LIFE?"

ija90sQT1ZhD5.gif

i5bGD43yVMKYv.gif

ON G.A.F, AN EVILORE GAMING AGE FORUM ON THE INTERNET, A BANNING OF MAGNIFICENT AND MAGICAL PROPORTION TOOK PLACE. BUT THE BANNING WAS NOT PERM, IT WAS REQUESTED. AS THE WEEKS NUMBERED AND THE OFFICIAL THREADS OF THE FUTURE BEGAN, IT WAS PERCEIVED THAT THIS INFAMOUS MOMENT IN GAF IS NOT TEMPORAL; IT IS ETERNAL. AND THUS BEGAN THE BEGINNING OF A NEW LIFE, A LIFE WITHIN TWITTER, A LIFE THAT BEARS PREJUDICE, JUDGMENT, BUT MOSTLY BOUNDLESS STANNING. BUT ON THAT SAME DAY, AS THE ETERNAL MONSTER POSTED ON ATRL, ANOTHER MORE TERRIFYING STAN TOOK PLACE; THE STAN OF LESSORS. AND AS HE HIMSELF SPLIT INTO TWO, ROTATING IN AGONY BETWEEN TWO ULTIMATE QUEENS, THE PENDULUM OF CHOICE BEGAN ITS DANCE. IT SEEMS EASY, YOU IMAGINE, TO GRAVITATE INSTANTLY AND UNWAVERINGLY TOWARDS GAGA. BUT HE WONDERED, "HOW CAN I STAN FOR SOMETHING SO PERFECT WHILE HAVING A LIFE?"

ija90sQT1ZhD5.gif
i0gTTfneMTKKE.gif

Trigger

What kind of novel?

Also: By quoting this post I now know how to do that wierd format.
AMAZING

botty

Banned

i5bGD43yVMKYv.gif

xcABM.gif

Kyon

Banned
but that GIF............................................................................................................................................................

royalan

One day when my light is glowin
I'll be in my castle golden
But until the gates are open
I just want to feel this moment

Whoa-oh-ah-ohhhh

Whoa-oh-ah-ohhhh

oHF72.gif
oHF72.gif

The rest is typical Pitbull, but Christina's part slays.

On a more technical note, I don't think I've ever heard Xtina sing this way. She usually hits her belts straight on, and doesn't really do that "swallowing vowel sounds" thing. How very pop-y of her. Wonder if that's her vocal lessons at work.

botty

Banned
oHF72.gif
oHF72.gif

The rest is typical Pitbull, but Christina's part slays.

On a more technical note, I don't think I've ever heard Xtina sing this way. She usually hits her belts straight on, and doesn't really do that "swallowing vowel sounds" thing. How very pop-y of her. Wonder if that's her vocal lessons at work.

It reminds me of her sections on TI's castlewalls.

She's really giving her stans everything and more.

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

royalan

It reminds me of her sections on TI's castlewalls.

She's really giving her stans everything and more.

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

SIS

Her feature on Chris Mann's single The Blowers Daughter just premiered
exclusively on Perez Hilton's site.

Listen!

(Skip to 3:20 to skip him and hear The Queen go IN)

That glide up into her head voice....

oHF72.gif
oHF72.gif
oHF72.gif

Peru

Dear Papa John, etc...

It's funny looking at the official album credits for RED and seeing that all the songs we pointed out as the best were her solo writes (9/16 on the album are), except All Too Well which is co-written with old fave Liz Rose.

Particularly I hope the Springsteen sheen of 'Solid Ground' is something she includes more of in the future.

Also Chapman is involved in production more than some people suggested recently.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i5bGD43yVMKYv.gif

ija90sQT1ZhD5.gif

ibmhrawugdl7yttk2g.gif

How appropriate your tag is with your new avatar.

(Good to have you back sis.)

Coming back with a SQUINTS avatar?

BAN HER AGAIN.

oHF72.gif

Tew much Turdlor stanning atm. More important/better pop news (Gods Aloud) is getting lost in a tidal wave of shit about iTunes placements.

The way I see it, people can do whatever they want in the privacy of their own homes, but in public it is vulgar and vile.

LEGENDTINA CRAFTS CLUB ANTHEM WITH PITBULL FOR THE TRUE MUSIC LOVERS: “FEEL THIS MOMENT”

“Desnudate,” a voice whispers into the phone seductively. “Así me gusta, papi. En mi reflejo. Solamente tú.”

“Eh?” he responds.

“JUST MEET ME IN MY LAIR, FAN–err, I mean, meet me at the hotel,” the voice purrs, now slightly agitated.

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/10/lege...-the-true-music-lovers-feel-this-moment.html/

MuuMuse is doing the most in his XTina news atm.

Majmun

i5bGD43yVMKYv.gif

ija90sQT1ZhD5.gif

Heeeeey, glad you're ba..

image.php

imqOVjGQz2S56.gif

NEVERMIND

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Too bad marmite is fucking vile. Fitting they use it to draw Flops Not Allowed.

very impressive, if only someone took it upon themselves to draw my faves

Marmite is delicious, it is a fitting condiment to recreate the majestic glory of The Almighty Aloud.

Also I don't know if it was the intention but 'Flops Not Allowed' is actually a pretty excellent DESCRIPTION of The Almighty's career. 20 consecutive top 10 singles (their LOWEST charter in their CAREER was 11) and SIX platinum alberms. NO FLOPS ALLOWED in the career of the "best band of the 21st century" [ref], indeed.

Artemisia

Banned
Marmite is delicious, it is a fitting condiment to recreate the majestic glory of The Almighty Aloud.

Also I don't know if it was the intention but 'Flops Not Allowed' is actually a pretty excellent DESCRIPTION of The Almighty's career. 20 consecutive top 10 singles (their LOWEST charter in their CAREER was 11) and SIX platinum alberms. NO FLOPS ALLOWED in the career of the "best band of the 21st century" [ref], indeed.

Well of course a writer for popjustice is going to say that.

Peru

Damn, that 2nd disc tracklist is pretty classic though

1. Graffiti My Soul

2. Wake Me Up

3. Wild Horses

4. Swinging London Town

5. Whole Lotta History

6. Crazy Fool

7. Girl Overboard

8. Black Jacks

9. Hoxton Heroes

10. Memory Of You

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Damn, that 2nd disc tracklist is pretty classic though

1. Graffiti My Soul

2. Wake Me Up

3. Wild Horses

4. Swinging London Town

5. Whole Lotta History

6. Crazy Fool

7. Girl Overboard

8. Black Jacks

9. Hoxton Heroes

10. Memory Of You

They should re-record Hoxton Heroes with a reference to Jake Bugg.

No Control of the Knife though...

[edit]TBF they don't really even need to

Just cos your dad knew the Rolling Stones
You've got the Primrose set in your cell phone
Don't kid yourself, you're an indie clone
We've seen it before, get a sound of your own

Giving Glassheart a proper listen rn

moulels

When will we know if Raticate shattered Britney's record? I'll be forever pressed if that happens smh.

State of Grace is great though.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
When will we know if Raticate shattered Britney's record? I'll be forever pressed if that happens smh.

State of Grace is great though.

Why would you be pressed that an actual talented pop artist took hold of that record, it might actually give it some credibility.

Mau ®

AIRPLAY UDPATES FROM YESTERDAY

TOP 20

1. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 167.679 (+ 1.951)
2. JUSTIN BIEBER – As Long As You Love Me: 137.882 (+ 0.006)
3. FUN. – Some Nights: 133.614 (+ 0.619)
4. TAYLOR SWIFT – We Are Never Ever Getting…: 131.627(+ 0.599) ▲
5. PINK – Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 130.820 (- 2.102) ▼
6. ALEX CLARE – Too Close: 114.623 (+ 1.148)
7. CHRIS BROWN – Don’t Wake Me Up: 105.712 (+ 1.050)
8. NE-YO - Let Me Love You: 104.448 (+ 1.122) ▲
9. OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN – Good Time: 102.936 (- 0.419) ▼
10. ELLIE GOULDING – Lights: 86.118 (- 0.674)
11. NEON TREES – Everybody Talks: 83.523 (- 2.129) ▼
12. KATY PERRY – Wide Awake: 78.629 (- 0.841)
13. RIHANNA - Diamonds: 78.462 (+ 2.397) BIGGEST AIRPLAY UPDATE ▲
14. MIGUEL - Adorn: 76.066 (+ 0.351) ▼
15. GOTYE – Somebody That I Used To Know: 74.150 (- 0.275) ▼
16. KE$HA - Die Young: 73.128 (+ 1.972)
17. PSY - Gangnam Style: 69.353 (+ 0.562)
18. CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Blown Away: 64.540 (+ 0.249)
19. TRAIN – 50 Ways To Say Goodbye: 58.319 (+ 0.245) ▲
20. BRUNO MARS - Locked Out Of Heaven: 58.217 (+ 2.330) ▲

OUTRAS

PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 58.165 (+ 0.544)
LEE BRICE - Hard To Love:58.001 (+ 0.435)
DEMI LOVATO – Give Your Heart A Break: 57.442 (+ 0.045)
FLO RIDA – Whistle: 57.336 (- 1.720) ▼
TREY SONGZ - 2 Reasons f/T.I.: 56.470 (+ 0.327)
FRENCH MONTANA - Pop That f/Rick Ross: 54.862 (+ 0.065)
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS – Finally Found You f/S. Adams: 52.333 (+ 1.350)
DAVID GUETTA - I Can Only Imagine f/C. Brown: 47.585 (- 0.112)
KANYE WEST - Clique f/Big Sean & JAY-Z: 46.287 (+ 0.194)
ONEREPUBLIC – Feel Again: 32.335 (+ 0.594)
ONE DIRECTION - Live While We're Young: 31.176 (+ 0.024)
USHER - Numb: 31.071 (+ 0.236)
ALICIA KEYS - Girl On Fire: 29.086 (+ 0.069)
BEYONCE - Dance For You: 28.944 (+ 0.309)
CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Your Body: 28.352 (+ 0.186)
ADELE - Skyfall: 23.669 (+ 0.978)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 20.545 (+ 0.194)
TAYLOR SWIFT - Begin Again: 18.917 (+ 0.970)
MUSE – Madness: 15.587 (+ 0.003)
THE SCRIPT - Hall Of Fame f/will.i.am: 15.010

_____

ITZ's notes:

+ The winners & losers of the fall season are starting to become visible. Maroon 5, Rihanna, Ke$ha and Bruno are all radio favorite picks for this season. Other players like Christina Aguilera, One Direction, Nicki Minaj and Alicia Keys are not having the same luck.

NOTE: It appears there wont be airplay updates available til next saturday. This update will have to do for the moment.

Majmun

Why would you be pressed that an actual talented pop artist took hold of that record, it might actually give it some credibility.

Britney's songs don't sound like they come from the diary of a 11 year old girl.

This makes Britney automatically more talented than Taylor IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom