• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Perra coulda been the "vocalist" on WFL and it still woulda smashed.

Not here for your could've, would'ves and other imaginary verbs. The fact is its a Rihanna song first and foremost and no one else's.

Please stay in this reality, Glee stan.

Mumei

And I'm sure her most impressive vocals came long after that time.

Taylor has noticeably improved her vocals since her career began, and I can only see them improving even more as time goes on. Just wait till she's 30 tbh

mhm.gif

If she continues on her current trajectory of improvement she might make it to American Idol B-Roll footage level by then.

Actually, I agree. Even the best Taylor performances that I've seen have been middling. She has much more pronounced issues with staying on pitch than Rihanna. If I had to guess the culprit, I'd say it's lousy breath support. Maybe it's the style in which she's trying to sing, but she always sounds breathless...which can contribute to that issue of never been on pitch.

I would agree. I mean, the joke about her singing in twelve keys... it's more of an observation than a joke.

Mau ®

Meanwhile, Born This Way (song)'s 9 million sales practically outsold all of Rihfund's singles from the TTT era combined.

A lesser even in the area where she's most proficient.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

Do NOT try that on me sis. This is about RIhanna vs. SpyWare. I know you had to switch faves since Spyware is clearly deficient in any relevant achievements but be sensible to raise the white flag when you've clearly lost.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

I hear your catatonic fave is visiting Ellen next week and giving GAGA more promo. Bless her defibrillated heart.

i0QNqD9MZlVVF.gif

Isn't Googoo still copying Madonna? Wasn't that her cardboard castle gracing a replica of Madonna's stage? I guess she copied all she could copy from Obielera , and she's back to emulating the queen.

ibeNO2xPcvzXfq.gif

Koodo

Banned
Do NOT try that on me sis. This is about RIhanna vs. SpyWare. I know you had to switch faves since Spyware is clearly deficient in any relevant achievements but be sensible to raise the white flag when you've clearly lost.
It's a clear objective fact that Devotion is ten times better than Rihfund's entire discography combined, thus Jessie is the opposite of deficient when it comes to critical achievements.

You have been tried with GAGA as evidence that Rihanus' pursuit of commercial success in lieu of quality has not led her to the summit of anything but Chris Brown's dick.

i7WbKuhTmzfxm.gif

It's a clear objective fact that Devotion is ten times better than Rihfund's entire discography combined, thus Jessie is the opposite of deficient when it comes to critical achievements.

You have been tried with GAGA as evidence that Rihanus' pursuit of commercial success in lieu of quality has not led her to the summit of anything but Chris Brown's dick.

i7WbKuhTmzfxm.gif

lol @ the bolded being in the same sentence.

ib1f1fKmIwFGLh.gif

I object.

Mau ®

i7WbKuhTmzfxm.gif

If we combine Rih's entire discography we would be left with a GLORIOUS Greatest Hits album that would rival The Immaculate Collection in terms of pop perfection. So no, Devotion (not on the charts kii) is not better than Rih's discography.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

No one's fault the word dick being in the same sentence has blinded you from any rational thought process.

Get horny, gurl.

iNm1r7pwCSj8o.gif

isX8nFC0o1pg7.gif

I'm four tracks deep in this Ware album... I'm getting Sade teas. Like a Sade album made by less talented people.

I'll work my way through it tho.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Last night Gaga felt ill and cut her concert after she performed Sheisse, but 20 minutes later she came back out in her pajamas due to her fans cheering for more and slayed the world with an acoustic performance of Marry The Night

http://youtu.be/TijI3WR6RRc

Can it be 2013 already so I can see my Queen slay like this live
iboEs6yg1SLgos.gif

Koodo

Banned
If we combine Rih's entire discography we would be left with a GLORIOUS Greatest Hits album that would rival The Immaculate Collection in terms of pop perfection. So no, Devotion (not on the charts kii) is not better than Rih's discography.
Only if you remove the overwhelming amount of trash on every album. Much like Squints, the only way to view Rihanus in a positive light is to ignore all the flaws.

iyNmX7ICBMopL.gif

If old things aren't good anymore then care to explain Lights?
ibbyiJqsxg3IMH.gif

Koodo

Banned
Last night Gaga felt ill and cut her concert after she performed Sheisse, but 20 minutes later she came back out in her pajamas due to her fans cheering for more and slayed the world with an acoustic performance of Marry The Night

http://youtu.be/TijI3WR6RRc

Can it be 2013 already so I can see my Queen slay like this live
January 11, 2013 will be the most blessed day in my life.

iboEs6yg1SLgos.gif

Trigger

If old things aren't good anymore then care to explain Lights?

Cackling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom