• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Taylor has the banner section in at least 4 main pages on iTunes all to herself
Negative_Man_Sprite.png
Negative_Man_Sprite.png
Negative_Man_Sprite.png

Really? Dat slayage.

#2012REDDomination

royalan

Not here for Tayloose Snatch or her promo...although I wish pop stars were subject to the same transparency laws as public corporations and had to release spending reports. It would be interesting to see how much her label is spending on promoting her. She's everywhere. And that iTunes banner couldn't have been cheap.

Speaking of cheap, here's some DELIGHTFUL footage of Ellen DeGeneres passive-aggresively dragging Taylor for her hoe-ish ways.

The big fun starts at 2:30, but the whole clip is hilarious.

Mau ®

Alicia Keys "Girl on Fire" is now TOP 15 on itunes. Most of the help came from the video. Like I predicted the song is a slow burner and its now burning *.*

I quite like it. Bring the album Keys!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
You mean class and dignity, qualities lacking in Squint's life as duly noted.

ibfGtzSQOHmOgQ.gif

Who exactly is checking for Jessie spyWare to check if there is anything interesting going on in her personal life, probably because it is as boring as her discography

iVX9oBK0XUhcZ.gif

Koodo

Banned
Who exactly is checking for Jessie spyWare to check if there is anything interesting going on in her personal life, probably because it is as boring as her discography

iVX9oBK0XUhcZ.gif
Pressed that TayBore-Into-My-Snatch is engaging in the equivalent of prostitution by using relationships for financial purposes?

iQvqbu5RuBp78.gif

Meanhile, Jessie's lyrical prowess - showing more character and depth in one song than Squints has demonstrated in her entire discography (a byproduct of a genuine relationship and not prostitution) - demonstrates she has loved with class and dignity. And it's likely Jessie has no problems finding love as any man with a set of functioning eyes is #aWARE of her magnificent womanly body.

ibjgGaD7BnvEZj.gif

One can't help but wonder what Squints must do to make men forget she has the frame of a vanilla pocky stick.

Mau ®

Queen Taylor has attracted the hottest men in the game.

SpyWare can only hope to attract YAWNS with her elevator music.

mhm.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Talking about legacy when Jessie only just got a proper record deal and is embarking on a measly 6 show US bar tour.

mhm.gif

Ugh.

That clip of her singing was just awful. Did you listen to that filth?

Edit: I'm not sure; I think Taylor might be worse than Rihanna. I think her pitch is worse, at least.

Whitney Houston wasn't as good of a singer early in her career as she was later.

Giver Taylor some time.

Koodo

Banned
Thats cute hun but Diamonds has gotten more plays in a day than SpyWare will get in ha whole career.
And who will remember the Cubic Zirconia a year from now? Much like all of Rihfund's preceding singles, it will be discarded from the memory banks of the population at large.

Meanwhile, Devotion will have buzz for years to come as a quality debut alberm, words as foreign to Rihanus as living a life without Bruises.

iTtdBNYq2Kh1x.gif

Artemisia

Banned
And who will remember the Cubic Zirconia a year from now? Much like all of Rihfund's preceding singles, it will be discarded from the memory banks of the population at large.

Meanwhile, Devotion will have buzz for years to come as a quality debut alberm, words as foreign to Rihanus as living a life without Bruises.

iTtdBNYq2Kh1x.gif

And that's all it will have. 'Buzz', and no impact on the charts or on anyone's eardrums.

mhm.gif

royalan

Ugh.

That clip of her singing was just awful. Did you listen to that filth?

Edit: I'm not sure; I think Taylor might be worse than Rihanna. I think her pitch is worse, at least.

Actually, I agree. Even the best Taylor performances that I've seen have been middling. She has much more pronounced issues with staying on pitch than Rihanna. If I had to guess the culprit, I'd say it's lousy breath support. Maybe it's the style in which she's trying to sing, but she always sounds breathless...which can contribute to that issue of never been on pitch.

Whitney Houston wasn't as good of a singer early in her career as she was later.

Giver Taylor some time.

Gurl, you about to get draaaaaaged....

Mau ®

iTtdBNYq2Kh1x.gif

I posted the receipts but I'll clock you once again

RIHANNA - We Found Love: 31.119 (+2.124)

One year after rihlease WFL is still slaying on radio. Her pop legacy is right up there with the best and will only continue to grow bigger and bigger much to your disgust.

Stay lotus.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

Koodo

Banned
One year after rihlease WFL is still slaying on radio. Her pop legacy is right up there with the best and will only continue to grow bigger and bigger much to your disgust.

Stay lotus.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif
On the same day Mediabase made some changes to their tracking format, resulting in songs with negative updates (i.e. YOUR BODY) miraculously posting a positive impression?

Stay lotus INDEED.

u955K.jpg

Artemisia

Banned

And I'm sure her most impressive vocals came long after that time.

Taylor has noticeably improved her vocals since her career began, and I can only see them improving even more as time goes on. Just wait till she's 30 tbh

mhm.gif

Fitting you would mention eardrums, as that is precisely what gets damaged with exposure to Squint's and Ghoulish's farm animal vibrato.

ig2xuPuz3sH8m.gif

now bitch we all know that florence is the one with farm animal vibrato, not Taylor or Ellie

Mau ®

On the same day Mediabase made some changes to their tracking format, resulting in songs with negative updates (i.e. YOUR BODY) miraculously posting a positive impression?

Stay lotus INDEED.

u955K.jpg

Doesnt matter. Before that update it had 29M AI. Even slaying recent lead singles by other pop girls.

The Bajan Goddess will remain the most powerful pop force and there's nothing you can do but seethe.

Stay lotus, once again.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

Stay lotus INDEED.

u955K.jpg

You are so bothered by Rih's continual success. Shame that #DIAMONDS is slaying, and Rih will continue to do so. And the ARTPOP single of 2011 is well remembered as are many of her singles, including her career-defining "Umbrella" or one of the most songs played on the radio EVER "What's my name"

You didn't try tho.

royalan

And I'm sure her most impressive vocals came long after that time.

Taylor has noticeably improved her vocals since her career began, and I can only see them improving even more as time goes on. Just wait till she's 30 tbh

mhm.gif

now bitch we all know that florence is the one with farm animal vibrato, not Taylor or Ellie

o1BU1.gif

The Whitney comparison isn't entirely accurate. Whitney's vocals improved with age because she became a more season vocalist and performer; but she always had industry-leading technique and ability, as the video Mumei linked to demonstrates.

Taylor, on the other hand, hasn't really impressed as a vocalist. Maybe it could happen in the future, though. Who knows.

Briefly touching on the battle Koodo's waging, I have to agree that Jessie Ware is a much more timeless artist than the Taylors and Rihannas of the industry. Probably why she'll never grow to be as commercially successful. But hey, you don't always need "world's best" commercial success to make an impact. Just look a Joni Mitchell...

Koodo

Banned
Doesnt matter. Before that update it had 29M AI. Even slaying recent lead singles by other pop girls.
As far as I'm concerned, those other pop girls don't have a career to slay.

i6eiLYNich97e.gif

The Bajan Goddess will remain the most powerful pop force and there's nothing you can do but seethe.
Rihanus can remain a force in a format where consumers don't have to pay. Her popularity is reminiscent of cheese samplers given at Costco: easily digestible, free hand-outs.

Keeps Gettin' Better for her.

u955K.jpg

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihanus can remain a force in a format where consumers don't have to pay. Her popularity is reminiscent of cheese samplers given at Costco: easily digestible, free hand-outs.

u955K.jpg

But she has five platinum and a gold album. And lets not go into all the singles she sells. You clearly aren't even trying to drag her anymore.

Mau ®

We Found Love has sold over 6 million singles WW. Diamonds has already sold 1 million singles WW.

Clearly people are paying for ha.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

Koodo

Banned
We Found Love has sold over 6 million singles WW. Diamonds has already sold 1 million singles WW.

Clearly people are paying for ha.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif
Meanwhile, Born This Way (song)'s 9 million sales practically outsold all of Rihfund's singles from the TTT era combined.

A lesser even in the area where she's most proficient.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom