• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
Bitch needs to keep her mouth shuT

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2013/02/18/azealia-banks-attacks-gay-rights-organisations/

If you're trying to call me a homophobe, you're basically trying to imply that I’m insulting you for having sex with men. I have sex with men too – what the fuck?

facepalm6.gif

botty

Banned
She claimin uptown
Then she bring it down
righhhh

You take it up, up
Then break it down
likeeeee

You strut your stuff
And he wanna pound
righhhh

iVAEepdAhG4rT.gif

Majmun

With how this year is going for her Roy doesn't have to contribute to the inevitable :/

Well, she still hasn't released new stuff and her worldtour is breaking sales records in some countries.

www.lipstickalley.com/f311/beyonces-tour-breaking-records-europe-475586/

www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/beyonce-tickets-crazy-demand-article-1.1261384

There are more receipts out there. Some shows sold out in a few seconds.

And that's without releasing any new material.

So it's way too soon to judge.

Well, she still hasn't released new stuff and her worldtour is breaking sales records in some countries.

www.lipstickalley.com/f311/beyonces-tour-breaking-records-europe-475586/

www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/beyonce-tickets-crazy-demand-article-1.1261384

There are more receipts out there. Some shows sold out in a few seconds.

And that's without releasing any new material.

So it's way too soon to judge.

Don't worry, people here are just clammoring for Beyonce to pull an Ashanti so that Chlamydia Spice can run free without that looming expiration date.

The Beynis Envy in here is just adorable.

YESSS!!!

Be blessed by the trendsetter of our generation *o*

tumblr_mglbkl51zv1qg7lypo1_500.gif

I can't at y'all shading my girl Rih one second, and hailing this floozy as a trendsetter the next. If Rih is trash without her "team" then so is Britney "Tabula Rasa" Spears. I know you gerls are fond music consisting of bleeps and bloops, autotune and dubsteppy breakdowns, but at least have some consistency. The only edge Britney had (note the past tense) on Rih would be dancing. They both show up and sing over preproduced tracks. They are both "handled." At least Rih never said "I am for the death penalty. Who commits terrible acts must get a fitting punishment. That way he learns the lesson for the next time." If ignorance is bliss, the Britney Spears is the happiest ho on the planet.

Yes, yes. Rihanna is with Chris Brown, woe is her. But when you take into account that "Eighty-five percent of women who are abused return to their abuser at some point, and many victims leave seven or eight times before they make a clean break. Unless you believe most women are weak or stupid, numbers that high should eliminate the “victims are weak or stupid” argument when trying to explain why they return to their abusers. Unfortunately, it’s far more complex than that." Who is surprised?

So in conclusion, we know Britney Spears is dumb and talentless and you think Rihanna is dumb and talentless. If you like "Urban" Britney, then Urban Rihanna should be right up your alley. At least when Rihanna is "urban" it has some semblance of being genuine and not mimicry.

iieBWc0BIfAoF.gif

Bladenic

Honestly I don't even think Rihanna is even that "handled." Musically, yeah sure, probably. But everything else? Seems pretty much her.

Kyon

Banned
Rob... Arte is not a Brit Stan. I think you have things mixed up although I see you trying to push your borderline bigot almost maybe racist agenda towards a white gurl like Britney doing urban things because we all know that you think being urban is only reserved for black people. It's not that serious get over yourself

Good luck with that Rob. I'm not brave enough to drag Britney.
Lol. It was more about the double standard I see of shading Rih and praising Britney "Huh?" Spears. I thing Britney stans are edging into that territory The Monsters accuse Madonna stans of inhabiting, stanning out of nostalgia and not letting new bitches have their shine. Britney has done nothing of note in however long, and these girls are acting like reciting a couple of lines and sounding like an old british broad on a will.i.am track is the best thing since sliced bread. But these are also people who buy 20 copies of a knowingly shitty song because it's their "duty" as real stans... /shrugs

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't see people who stan Brit coming for Rih. I see Sharte coming for Rih, but she has, and will always be a flop, so her opinions are invalid. I like them both.

Edit:

Oh, and Koodo, but she really likes Rih. She just comes for her out of habit.

Koodo

Banned
Not the Rihanus-is-genuine-urban angle again. I suppose the claim could be true if one chooses to focus on the Caribbean segment of urban music, but Rihfund is as white washed as they get and hardly ever dips into her Caribbean roots (a shame, since she actually excels in that).

The rest of urban music (i.e. the trash hip hop in Unapologetic)? Rihfund is a foreign alien who grew up as far removed from that culture as can possibly be. She defines mimicking.

Artemisia

Banned
Lol. It was more about the double standard I see of shading Rih and praising Britney "Huh?" Spears. I thing Britney stans are edging into that territory The Monsters accuse Madonna stans of inhabiting, stanning out of nostalgia and not letting new bitches have their shine. Britney has done nothing of note in however long, and these girls are acting like reciting a couple of lines and sounding like an old british broad on a will.i.am track is the best thing since sliced bread. But these are also people who buy 20 copies of a knowingly shitty song because it's their "duty" as real stans... /shrugs

Well the reason people praise Britney over Rihanna is simple: she makes better music. Rihanna has no BOMT, OIDIA, Slave 4 U, Toxic, Circus, or Till The World Ends.

But aside from that, I agree with you. Britney stans do seem to go crazy and praise Britney over the most mundane and unremarkable things.

Rob... Arte is not a Brit Stan. I think you have things mixed up although I see you trying to push your borderline bigot almost maybe racist agenda towards a white gurl like Britney doing urban things because we all know that you think being urban is only reserved for black people. It's not that serious get over yourself

ijb7Z7KxWvNtt.gif

There are plenty of people who do R&B/Soul/HipHop convincingly who happen to be white. I have no problem in the slightest with "blue eyed soul," but when you trot Miss Britney "Do you have any drugs?" Spears out, with her finest blaccent and "street" wear and tell me she is "Urban", I will call you a liar and a fraud.

The only thing saving it from being your typical generic end credits song is Mariah. Those vocals near the end are incredible *.*

I can agree with this. Her voice does sound great during sections.

Hopefully they do a music video (similar to Florence + Snow White and the Huntsman) since I have very low expectations for the film.

botty

Banned
I can agree with this. Her voice does sound great during sections.

Hopefully they do a music video (similar to Florence + Snow White and the Huntsman) since I have very low expectations for the film.

Oh, lord. Another Mariah green screen vid.

iNm1r7pwCSj8o.gif

edit:

You're almost there
You're almost homeeeeee

Oo Oo oOoOoOo Oo Oo oOoOoOo

2j3f8s4kzen6.gif

Well the reason people praise Britney over Rihanna is simple: she makes better music. Rihanna has no BOMT, OIDIA, Slave 4 U, Toxic, Circus, or Till The World Ends.

But aside from that, I agree with you. Britney stans do seem to go crazy and praise Britney over the most mundane and unremarkable things.

I think you use the word "makes" to liberally. Any number of random girls could have sung those songs with the degree of talent they require. You think Britney "makes" better music, why? Because it sold more? Because her team chose wiser. Or maybe its because you prefer that kind of music. I will not deny that Britney Spears has that "something" that made it possible to be where she is. I just think that something was entirely not of her doing. All she had to do was show up and be willing to do as she was told.

Artemisia

Banned
I think you use the word "makes" to liberally. Any number of random girls could have sung those songs with the degree of talent they require. You think Britney "makes" better music, why? Because it sold more? Because her team chose wiser. Or maybe its because you prefer that kind of music. I will not deny that Britney Spears has that "something" that made it possible to be where she is. I just think that something was entirely not of her doing. All she had to do was show up and be willing to do as she was told.

And if any one of those random girls sang the song I would have given them credit where credit is due. It just so happens that it was Britney singing those songs and not some other random girl. I don't understand what point you're trying to make? That the artist has to bring something unique to the song for the music to be good? How many artists have covered Rihanna's music and completely slayed it?

I think you're reading into my use of the word 'makes' a too much.

And if any one of those random girls sang the song I would have given them credit where credit is due. It just so happens that it was Britney singing those songs and not some other random girl. I don't understand what point you're trying to make? That the artist has to bring something unique to the song for the music to be good? How many artists have covered Rihanna's music and completely slayed it?

I think you're reading into my use of the word 'makes' a too much.

None, IMO. Jessie Ware's recent being the most flagrantly awful. Look, I have no problem giving these no-singing bitches their due. But let's not act as if Britney " Where the hell is Australia anyway?" Spears is the pinnacle of performance and artistic merit.

Off topic but I know several Popgaffers like the show.

Watched The Good Wife just now that aired on Sunday. Fucking flawless..... the best episode of TV I have watched in years. I will be a MESS if this show is canceled.

3phemeral

I can't believe I enjoy Almost Home as much as I do. It's a surprisingly decent track that makes me forget Triumphant ever existed. There's only one strange vocal-arrangement choice near the 3:12 mark where she abruptly down scales while singing "Home," but it's otherwise an innocuously enjoyable track.

SaintZ

Off topic but I know several Popgaffers like the show.

Watched The Good Wife just now that aired on Sunday. Fucking flawless..... the best episode of TV I have watched in years. I will be a MESS if this show is canceled.
YAS. Sis you should post in the official thread tbh. Aliciallah Florricksus SLAYED the whole episode and Elsbethsus showed who's the HBIC *.* I hope Alicia and Cary start their own firm tbh.

YAS. Sis you should post in the official thread tbh. Aliciallah Florricksus SLAYED the whole episode and Elsbethsus showed who's the HBIC *.* I hope Alicia and Cary start their own firm tbh.

Will do. Hadn't even realized there was an OT.

Probably my favorite show right now.

DMeisterJ

Banned
It really does sound like Diamonds. Stargate did produce it, so I guess they drew inspiration from their recent WW chart-topping crossover smash hit. Who could really blame them or Mariah though?

It sounds really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom