• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45627805&postcount=169

i4uQWJ3JDb8L8.gif

That's definitely a fatality

Xtina stans are on a roll today
iUs97nePgvOqS.gif

E=MC2 could have been more successful with better management and singles (e.g. not picking Bye Bye for the second single), but Memoirs deserved to flop. I am not sure what they expected to happen with MCIIY; her first Christmas album was already perfect and if people are going to buy a Mariah Christmas album, it is going to be that.

And Triumphant was just sort of mediocre all around.

Oh well. I am hoping it is good but I'm not crossing my fingers in anticipation yet.
Yeah, keeping my hopes VERY low. "Triumphant" and "Bring It On Home" are some of the most generic tripe I've ever heard this side of Music Box.

Well normally Xtina would be dragged for filth here so it's a nice change of pace I guess.
I suppose this is true. I imagine the pace of dragging will just go up with her next album coming up. I am actually hoping its decent (by Brits standards) because her stans need some good news. From the predictions people made last thread it doesn't seem that people are very optimistic about her sales prospects.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I suppose this is true. I imagine the pace of dragging will just go up with her next album coming up. I am actually hoping its decent (by Brits standards) because her stans need some good news. From the predictions people made last thread it doesn't seem that people are very optimistic about her sales prospects.

If it flops like Ke$ha I'll probably laugh my ass off.

Mumei

I thought Music Box was held in high esteem with Mariah fans?

Music Box is her most commercially successful album (and has some of the best B-sides and remixes), but it tends to suffer from being her most middle-of-the-road and ballad heavy album. I think among stans the most popular albums are probably Butterfly and TEOM.

Bladenic

I feel like Kyon could come back with a massive post dragging Cyno and Xtincta to the depths of Lucifer's cage then resurrect ha only to drag her back to the pits. Either way, I am perched.

xBjYd.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Eh I don't think she is in danger of THAT quite yet.

Her name still carries enough weight to sell 150-200k even if it was a blank disc with her name on it.

Her spot on Idol might hurt her sales seeing her as robotic and lifeless as she was on there. People might worry she ain't 100% there (Then again Blackout 2.0 isn't a bad thing)

Trigger

Eh I don't think she is in danger of THAT quite yet.

Her name still carries enough weight to sell 150-200k even if it was a blank disc with her name on it.

Britney stans were excited for a commercial and they're probably half the reason that Scream and Shout is doing well. I expect good sales.

Her spot on Idol might hurt her sales seeing her as robotic and lifeless as she was on there. People might worry she ain't 100% there (Then again Blackout 2.0 isn't a bad thing)

I doubt it, but that would be hilarious if her sales were down significantly.

Either way I have never liked Brits work much from any era (there are maybe 4 songs I like in total) so I am not horribly invested in her success.....

Britney stans were excited for a commercial and they're probably half the reason that Scream and Shout is doing well. I expect good sales.

Very good case study in how quality is irrelevant when it comes to sales. Words cannot express how terrible that song is.

royalan

I don't think Britney's going to do too well from here on out.

Thanks to Femme Fatale and her disastrous stint on the X Factor the mystique is now gone. Britney desperately needed to keep up the illusion that she has it all together and is as fierce as she's always been, but now that's all but obliterated. The public now sees that there is nothing special, fierce, or even interesting about her. She's a shell, a rusted out husk of the once great performer she used to be and now there's no denying it.

Her pity parade is over. Hell, it took a perfectly timed media blitz just to get Shit and Shout to perform as well as it has.

Circumstantial evidence to be sure, but even E! News has been dragging her lately. They ran the rumors that she's using an earpiece, and even chop her responses to questions in interviews. It's hilarious. The public ain't here for giving Britney pity press anymore. Now she's got to actually slay, or they'll drag her for it. No more positive press for just standing upright.

Bladenic

Are you talking about Mariah or Britney? Britney was on X-Factor, not Idol obviously.

xBjYd.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I think Britney will have one more well-performing CD, maybe two. Her name unfortunately sells. X Factor definitely helped people to see her for who she really is now, but I don't think her sales will start to die for another album or two.

Bladenic

Ah. I haven't watched the clip; I just meant that she's right that they shouldn't be smoking there (or at that time). It is completely inconsiderate.

i3jMfurzpgXEt.gif

Um I haven't watched the video but I assume it's a very large open area and that the fans couldn't have been that close to her. And even if they were, if it's in the open air.. Yeah. She was being a you know what, no two ways about it.

Edit: I watched the video. She threatens to not do the show. This is not in any way defendable. Shut the fuck up already you old witch.

xBjYd.gif

Um I haven't watched the video but I assume it's a very large open area and that the fans couldn't have been that close to her. And even if they were, if it's in the open air.. Yeah. She was being a you know what, no two ways about it.

If you did watch the video, how do you know what she was being?

ibu4gNxoZLAsmT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom