• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyonce appears in the new DEMAND A PLAN campaign to curb gun prevalence in America.

because dead people can't buy her album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64G5FfG2Xpg

Spoiler got me good.
iWkaQ45Nwf4br.gif

Bladenic

If I'm being completely honest I really don't get how a 1D stan wouldn't like Bieber. Though I suppose Bieber is starting to go for a more mature sound, that must be why.

If I'm being completely honest I really don't get how a 1D stan wouldn't like Bieber. Though I suppose Bieber is starting to go for a more mature sound, that must be why.

Never liked Bieber's music from day 1.

You will learn to deal, or you can crutch on your delusion's about why I like 1D.....whatever tickles your fancy.

ihMe6xmuJJ3UM.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Never liked Bieber's music from day 1.

You will learn to deal. Or you can crutch on your delusion's about why I like 1D.....whatever tickles your fancy.

ihMe6xmuJJ3UM.gif

ibg0tRZKAeKWKV.gif

I'm gonna have to agree here. They might be similar because they do pop and they are pretty young but soundwise they are different enough to dislike one or the other. While I might not be a fan of One Direction I rather find one of their songs on the radio than Justin Bieber. Then again I just plug my ipod on the car so I dont have to deal with any of them in reality.

Nemesis_

I was looking for more material for GIFs before I headed to bed and I stumbled upon this.

can we just reflect on the fact that this exists? click to visit :3

They don't allow NSFW pictures, which is nice, I guess. >_>

I'm gonna have to agree here. They might be similar because they do pop and they are pretty young but soundwise they are different enough to dislike one or the other. While I might not be a fan of One Direction I rather find one of their songs on the radio than Justin Bieber. Then again I just plug my ipod on the car so I dont have to deal with any of them in reality.

lol yeah.

Its not that Bieber is bad (don't really have anything against the kid) but I don't find his music to be all that similar to my other favs at all.....so people being lolmad that I don't like him don't much much sense. His music is not "pure" pop by any means....he has always had R&B/Urban influences which isn't my thing at all.

Vazra

Lets not forget that Bieber is the one actually putting out the HITS & BOPS tho.

graphics-justin-bieber-939677.gif

Looking at the charts today doesn't seem like it anymore.
imdrYoGlJYJ6O.gif

lol yeah.

Its not that Bieber is bad (don't really have anything against the kid) but I don't find his music to be all that similar to my other favs at all.....so people being lolmad that I don't like him don't much much sense. His music is not "pure" pop by any means....he has always had R&B/Urban influences which isn't my thing at all.

I'm not a fan of any of them and while I might trash them at times they are not bad. I've seen worse things being popular and you hit the right spot there which I somehow mention there. They are pop but not the same kind of pop JB tries to be a bit more "urban pop" while 1D its "cheesy pop"

Mau ®

Looking at the charts today doesn't seem like it anymore.
imdrYoGlJYJ6O.gif

You might wanna check again then.

iTunes:

#8- Justin Bieber - Beauty and a Beat
#33 - One Direction - Little Things

HOT 100:
#7 - Justin Bieber - Beauty and a beat
#28 - Justin Bieber - As long as you love me
#46 - One Direction - Little Things

Oh.

imdrYoGlJYJ6O.gif

Vazra

Enough Bieber and 1D talk gals. Start posting some new bops I wanna dance!
i7epWkdoA6mWt.gif

iTunes:

imdrYoGlJYJ6O.gif

Surprising he went up I thought that song flopped. It's a late bloomer awwww.

EDIT: Someone just passed with their windows down with Homewrecking Keys Girl on Fire on full volume. SMH

iTunes:

#8- Justin Bieber - Beauty and a Beat
#33 - One Direction - Little Things

HOT 100:
#7 - Justin Bieber - Beauty and a beat
#28 - Justin Bieber - As long as you love me
#46 - One Direction - Little Things

Oh.

This I can agree with.

Bieber has had plenty of success in the last year Radio wise (especially when compared to his first album). If you compared total radio impact between the two they probably about at parity............though neither has exactly torn up the radio charts this year.

(both have narrow relative audiences....which I think limits their ability to "own" radio airplay on the scale or Katy or Rihrih)

You've never heard that expression?

But that was a throwaway post to use that gif.

Now that I think about it I have, but never on the interwebs. It kinda comes off as a typo unless you put quotations around it.

Mau ®

This I can agree with.

Bieber has had plenty of success in the last year Radio wise (especially when compared to his first album). If you compared total radio impact between the two they probably about at parity............though neither has exactly torn up the radio charts this year.

(both have narrow relative audiences....which I think limits their ability to "own" radio airplay on the scale or Katy or Rihrih)

Yeah his radio and single success has been quite good this era. Im not a stan but I really liked the direction he went with Believe and looking at the people I hang out with (18yo-25yos) most them have somewhat accepted Beiber's latest singles. Funnily enough I coordinate and teahc a entrepreneurship program at a local junior high so Im in contact with 13yo-16yo's and they very much prefer One Direction to Bieber.

Its a funny thing IMO but I think Bieber and his team were smart to shy away from the tween market a bit and broad their reach.

Trigger

The difference between Biebs and 1D is that he's been in the game a little longer. He's trying to mature his sound now whereas I think 1D is still a ways off before they try the same. I'm hoping the next album after this acoustic release is his "Justified" moment.

EDIT: Someone just passed with their windows down with Homewrecking Keys Girl on Fire on full volume. SMH

You live in the same city as supermanisdead?

xxczx

For those who stan the children:

JustinBieberBelieveAcoustic.jpg

January 29th

1. ‘Boyfriend’
2. ‘As Long as You Love Me’
3. ‘Beauty and a Beat’
4. ‘She Don’t Like the Lights’
5. ‘Take You’
6. ‘Be Alright’
7. ‘All Around the World’
8. ‘Track 8′​
why isn't catching feelings, the best song on the album, on this????? :(

DMeisterJ

Banned
dlLMN.jpg

very classless, but what can you do

ixFBus0Ivw89s.gif

I don't see what was classless. She compared her to Whitney who was doing hard drugs and she's responding to a comment about her ending up like Whitney in a pic where she's smoking weed.

But I see the Cutters are trying it today.

Nemesis_

It's not classy to insinuate someone is doing drugs and going to die either.

That wasn't the point though. We weren't debating about how classy some random Instagram follower was.

For someone who talks about "moving goalposts" so much you seem to do an awful lot of it yourself.

DMeisterJ

Banned
DMJ where you at in Supernatural?

S06E16 just after the awesome episode where they play themselves.

That wasn't the point though. We weren't debating about how classy some random Instagram follower was.

For someone who talks about "moving goalposts" so much you seem to do an awful lot of it yourself.

I don't see how it's classless to respond to someone in the same way that someone comes at you.

Bladenic

Ahhhh I need to watch S2 of AHS. We should have watch parties for the new episodes tbh.

Edit: OMG yes The French Mistake is amazing. I loved how Dean kept calling Sam's wife Ruby or fake Ruby. I would've married Katie Cassidy though tbh. You need to hurry so we can watch S8 at the same time

xBjYd.gif

Trigger

I really should take the time to watch AHS. I saw the first episode of season 2 and fell off the wagon. It's look good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom