• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

Kitty Purry looking gorgeous at the prestigious White House Correspondents' Dinner

katy-perry-white-house-correspondents-dinner-2013-red-carpet-04.jpg

when is she ever not stunning?
vGHEB.gif

ibhM8g0QezF0H.gif

Alright gerls, it's time to list your 2013 Top 5 so far:

1. Chris Brown - Fine China

2. Ariana Grande - The Way

3. Justin Timberlake - Strawberry Bubblegum

4. Destiny's Child - Nuclear

5. Justin Timberlake - Tunnel Vision

Bey better come correct. Though I have a feeling her new album alone will have enough bops to entirely replace my current Top 5.

In any case, you know something ain't right when Bruises and some Nicktoons hew are clocking Justin and DC even with such relatively basic jams.

To be continued...

DMeisterJ

Banned
1. Kelly Rowland - "Kisses Down Low"
2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - "Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton)"
3. Justin Timberlake - "Mirrors"
4. Ariana Grande - "The Way"
5. Ciara - "Body Party"

No YT links cause I'm lazy and all these songs are well enough knowN.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
  1. Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
  2. Azealia Banks - Yung Rapunxel
  3. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack
  4. Daft Punk - Get Lucky
  5. Justin Timberlake - Tunnel Vision

ibbsNNcmbggMyw.gif

Trigger

1.) Get Lucky - Daft Punk
2.) Strawberry Bubblegum - JT
3.) Imagine It Was Us - Jessie Ware
4.) Pusher Love Girl - JT
5.) Iggy Azalea - Work (Stripped)

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

I expect Bey and Gaga to quickly top my lists in the future.

Bladenic

Heart Attack - Demi Lovato

QUEEN - Janelle Monae

Mirrors - JT

Young and Beautiful - Lana Del Rey

Red Eye - Kid Cudi and HAIM

So hard to think of only 5 songs. I don't want to rank the 5 I chose because it's too hard. Too many good songs.

Cynosure

1. JT - Tunnel Vision
2. JT - Don't Hold The Wall
3. JT - Let The Groove Get In
4. JT - Pusher Love Girl
5. JT - Blue Ocean Floor

King of Pop <3

B2vzXia.gif

Leona. Other than Season 5, which seasons of X Factor UK are worth watching?

I have decided to try to catch up on the show.
S5 is the only season worth watching in full though. Had the best villain, more than a handful of incredibly memorable performances, a superbly talented and charismatic victor...had it all, really.

S3 is notable for Leona's run from Week 3 onwards (after all these years, still the most unbelievable series of world-class after world-class performances on a singing show like this).

Based on my inkling of insight into your tastes, I'd stick to Idol.

Bladenic

I'm frankly disappointed that someone has a Shit Brown song as their #1. Leona you're better than this. And it's not like this year has been barren, we've been served bop after bop.

I'm frankly disappointed that someone has a Shit Brown song as their #1. Leona you're better than this. And it's not like this year has been barren, we've been served bop after bop.
As the good sis DMJ noted, this art rises above the artist.

But mostly it plucked my throwback strings.

EDIT: LAWD Sia's voice is like a primeval cry of despair. It envelops my very soul.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Kerli has reacted to Beyonce white look.

Source

Complains about everyone copying her except Beyonce. #Mrs.CarterDomination
That caption makes it sound like it was a one-of-a-kind dress and that Beyonce (or her team) got it from Kerli directly and with approval. Big difference between that and copying someone.

S5 is the only season worth watching in full though. Had the best villain, more than a handful of incredibly memorable performances, a superbly talented and charismatic victor...had it all, really.

S3 is notable for Leona's run from Week 3 onwards (after all these years, still the most unbelievable series of world-class after world-class performances on a singing show like this).

Based on my inkling of insight into your tastes, I'd stick to Idol.

I'll watch S3 (assuming I can find it)/S5/S7 and see how I feel from there.

You should make an X Factor UK thread this fall (or just combine it with the USA one since they are on different nights anyways). I would be there for it.

Hoe

ibrAeSm8wWimSP.gif

Koodo

Banned
EDIT: LAWD Sia's voice is like a primeval cry of despair. It envelops my very soul.
I didn't pay much attention to the song on first listen, but I was left lightly shaken after repeating it just now.

Her emotion pierces with the force of Ellie Goulding's chin.

Bladenic

Let me remove QUEEN from my list and add Falling by HAIM. Wasn't sure if it came out in 2013, but apparently it has. That's definitely my #1 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom