• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

tumblr_lpl4pbV7Nn1qfgo4ro1_500.gif

Styles

SWIFT SALE :Taylor Swift's fourth studio album "Red" celebrates its half-year anniversary on the Billboard 200, as it tallies its 26th week on the survey (No. 33).

So far, the album has moved 3.61 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan, making it Swift's fastest-selling studio set six months after release. It narrowly trumps her last effort, 2010's "Speak Now," which shifted 3.36 million over its first six months.

Here's a look at the sales of Swift's proper studio albums over their first six months of release. The totals reflect a flawless upward trajectory in sales with each successive set:

3,612,000, "Red" (2012)
3,361,000, "Speak Now" (2010)
3,189,000, "Fearless" (2008)
624,000, "Taylor Swift" (2006)

Swift's career U.S. album sales stand at 22 million (befitting the title of her current pop single, "22").

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...fall-out-boy-covers-fall-out-boy-taylor-swift

Hew else?

iEXZgaJIAUgjC.gif

botty

Banned
Several people did actually.

No one whose opinions should EVER be taken seriously did though.

It's ridiculous to call it a flop. A lot of its songs sold like hotcakes digitally, and charted well. Then it had that impressive opening week. I think 22 is the only thing that flopped from it, and that was a bit of a surprise, tbh. Oh, and it had state of grace *.*

Nemesis_

ibxQRNwBw3q6Ko.gif

I listened to RED and most of Taylor's discography about three times through (barring her debut) for the first time in the past month or so.

They did nothing for me, but I tried PopGAF.

iHdLZTBD4Og0t.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That Ke$ha documentary was surprisingly amusing and more alive than Beyonce's. Harold ;_; lol

I felt like I was watching Discovery Channel.

Trigger

That Ke$ha documentary was surprisingly amusing and more alive than Beyonce's. Harold ;_; lol

I felt like I was watching Discovery Channel.

Probably because it's not just an extended infomercial. Ke?ha really tried to let viewers get a sense of who she is. I respect ha.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Kerli has reacted to Beyonce white look.
Kerli said:
417958_10151622876819415_724266828_n.jpg

I gotta say it's pretty damn cool to see Queen B Beyoncé rock something I spray painted white on my patio for Utopia 8) The dress was originally nude and made by the brilliant Rocky Gothercole ♥♥ Whooop!

Source

Complains about everyone copying her except Beyonce. #Mrs.CarterDomination

Probably because it's not just an extended infomercial. Ke?ha really tried to let viewers get a sense of who she is. I respect ha.

I'll watch the rest of it. Its actually easy way to kill time.

Cynosure

CYrSs98.png

I checked the front page and searched for botty's movie

omg I was screaming throughout it

ihScaNURWu5bh.gif

-crumpet's voice

-soulscribe: iv been spying in all the other stan bases

-mommei: do not talk to me in your stupid navy language. Do not talk to m until you improve your vocals

-Vect pizza delivery

-it's me lizzy grant, the queen of sadcore music

I paused at Xtina base's red house surviving a volcano eruption
it's too much to take at once

iiJJkwWvMXtBZ.gif

finished.
submitting it to 2014 Oscars short films. Bless <3

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I listened to RED and most of Taylor's discography about three times through (barring her debut) for the first time in the past month or so.

They did nothing for me, but I tried PopGAF.

I was heartbroken when I got into Taylord and RED made me relive the good and the bad

with some artist you just have to discover them at the right time

Mau ®

with some artist you just have to discover them at the right time

Mmmhm this is true. When I got into Taylord it was with Fearless and "Love Story" and at the time I was at the beggining of a (quite complicated) relationship. In many ways her songs played like a soundtrack of my life at the time.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yes, that's how I was with Ke$ha.

Theres a place downtown
Where the freaks all come around
There's a hole in the wall
It's a dirty free for all

Straight to my heart

The pop diva is serving canned concert images to the press instead of allowing live shots.

Sean Michaels reported Wednesday in Britain's Guardian newspaper, "The move to prohibit press photographers is seen by most observers as a reaction to this year's Super Bowl kerfuffle, when sites such as Gawker and [BuzzFeed] compiled 'unflattering' images of Beyoncé's jubilant exertions. After publishing these shots by Getty Images, [BuzzFeed] received an email from Beyoncé's US publicist Yvette Noel-Schure, 'respectfully asking' the site to 'change' their article. 'I am certain you will be able to find some better photos,' Noel-Schure wrote.

"As the blog Fstoppers points out, barring professionals means that newspapers and magazines will have to rely on amateurs: '[The media] will do anything possible to get images that other publications don't have,' explained Noam Galai. 'If they can't send a photographer to give them original photos, the next best thing they can do is buy photos from fans in the front rows in the arena … Now, not only is the mainstream media showing unflattering photos of her, they are showing bad-quality unflattering photos of her.' "

As Osterreicher pointed out, the move by Beyoncé is the latest attempt by public figures to control coverage of them, but not the most offensive.

In 2011, Lady Gaga was even more audacious. Andrew Beaujon and Jay Westcott wrote then for the now-defunct TBD.com, based in Washington, "At her Verizon Center concert last week, photographers were given a 'Photo Release Form' to sign." It included this language: "Photographer hereby acknowledges and agrees that all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Photograph(s) shall be owned by Lady Gaga and Photographer hereby transfers and assigns any such rights to Lady Gaga."

Icicle

You've tried using this exact same drag before and it doesn't work.

1. Joe Jackson is 84, of course he looks fucking old. Debbie Rowe is 54, (i.e. roughly the same age as Janet)

2. Using the parent of the opposite gender to predict how the child will age is dumb as hell. By your logic, Paris will look like this in a few decades.

28NgeP0.jpg

botty

Banned
You've tried using this exact same drag before and it doesn't work.

1. Joe Jackson is 84, of course he looks fucking old. Debbie Rowe is 54, (i.e. roughly the same age as Janet)

2. Using the parent of the opposite gender to predict how the child will age is dumb as hell. By your logic, Paris will look like this in a few decades.

28NgeP0.jpg

1. You said it was a "glimpse into the future," and, considering Joe and Janet already have similar facial traits, Janet's future is looking quite GRIM.

Though, I suppose her quick stops to the plastic surgeon will combat gravity for years to come.

2. And speaking of plastic surgery, I don't think children can inherit the results of numerous botched nose jobs from their parents.

ixPZVGtQF77X5.gif

Icicle

1. You said it was a "glimpse into the future," and, considering Joe and Janet already have similar facial traits, Janet's future is looking quite GRIM.

Though, I suppose her quick stops to the plastic surgeon will combat gravity for years to come.

2. And speaking of plastic surgery, I don't think children can inherit the results of numerous botched nose jobs from their parents.

ixPZVGtQF77X5.gif

1. You are still not getting my point about the opposite gender. It would make a lot more sense to predict how Janet will age based on Katherine rather than Joe.

081512-celebs-katherine-jackson.jpg

Considering all that she has gone through (e.g. polio, ten children, Jehovah's Witness faith, an adulterous husband, the media treatment of both Michael and Janet, the loss of Michael, estrangement from Joe, etc.), I'd say she looks pretty damn good for a woman in her 80's. Now I know where Janet gets her "strong black woman" genes.

2. The only plastic surgery Janet has ever had performed was a nose job that her father forced upon her when she was sixteen. She regrets having it done, but she is otherwise a an all-natural beauty.

Paris is seeking $40 billion dollars from AEG because she knows that she'll have to pay uP unless she wants to look like Jabba the Hut II.

botty

Banned
1. You are still not getting my point about the opposite gender. It would make a lot more sense to predict how Janet will age based on Katherine rather than Joe.

081512-celebs-katherine-jackson.jpg

Considering all that she has gone through (e.g. polio, ten children, Jehovah's Witness faith, an adulterous husband, the media treatment of both Michael and Janet, the loss of Michael, estrangement from Joe, etc.), I'd say she looks pretty damn good for a woman in her 80's. Now I know where Janet gets her "strong black woman" genes.

2. The only plastic surgery Janet has ever had performed was a nose job that her father forced upon her when she was sixteen. She regrets having it done, but she is otherwise a an all-natural beauty.

Paris is seeking $40 billion dollars from AEG because she knows that she'll have to pay uP unless she wants to look like Jabba the Hut II.

1. I am basing how Janet will age off of who she looks most like: Joe Jackson. There is the possibility that she with age gracefully, like Katherine Jackson, but since genetics will be genetics... the possibility for her to end up looking like Emperor Palpatine is still there.

2. I didn't know that was why Janet had her nose job. Do you have a source for this? Sounds interesting.

Oh... and Paris will be collecTing those coins to add onto her current fortune.

iSPAuwop6tqw2.gif

Mau ®

Barack Obama SHADES TayLORD Swift.

"We need to make progress on some important issues. Take the sequester. Republicans fell in love with this thing, and now they can't stop talking about how much they hate it. It's like we're trapped in a Taylor Swift album."

Even the president listens to her albums. Her impacT across all circles is inmense
f58a8b71.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom