• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

I don't think Gaga is losing out on impact with the delays. She still has a great opportunity to launch an era.

. . .
I miss Queen Colton so I'm tempted to start Arrow.

Touchdown

Banned
I only found the first weeks updates but here they are:

01/04/2012 - 02.330
01/05/2012 - 02.913 (+0.583)
01/06/2012 - 03.448 (+0.535)
01/07/2012 - 04.080 (+0.632)
01/08/2012 - 04.744 (+0.664)
01/09/2012 - 05.300 (+0.556)

Which is essentially what PLU is doing now. It is true that after a month Stronger had more radio momentum...... but it also had a music video.

Anyone who calls it a flop before the video hits is being terrible premature. Especially since 3/4 of her last songs have done well. She is no flop like Mariah/Xtina/etc where better against her is a safe bet.

ummmmm k.

tumblr_mm8izoLrov1qd8zg3o1_250.gif

This was before the song was officially released though...

And why are you placing so much faith on the video?

I don't have faith. I am just pointing out that videos are BIG part of a songs promotion nowadays. I find it hard to call a song a flop before ANY real promo has been done. All PLU has had is one idol performance.

At the same point of Strongers run in had the X Factor Performance, her Super Bowl performance (different but relevant), a music video, she was actively touring, and she was working the talk show/radio circuit.

PLU is going to do well.

Bladenic

I don't have faith. I am just pointing out that videos are BIG part of a songs promotion nowadays. I find it hard to call a song a flop before ANY real promo has been done. All PLU has had is one idol performance.

At the same point of Strongers run in had the X Factor Performance, her Super Bowl performance (different but relevant), a music video, she was actively touring, and she was working the talk show/radio circuit.

Okay, but PLU is still not gonna be another Stronger.

Touchdown

Banned

Only feel this way about ur fave or every artist? cuz i don't wanna hear u shitting on mariah's new single with such similar promo.

tumblr_mlypwvU1pw1snfouro1_250.gif

Only feel this way about ur fave or every artist? cuz i don't wanna hear u shitting on mariah's new single with such similar promo.

tumblr_mlypwvU1pw1snfouro1_250.gif

I have yet to hear her single so I all I have to go on is her history and where I think music is now..... which does not instill much faith in her chances.

Bladenic

That is correct. Blad was acting as if ANYTHING short of Stronger (a 3 week #1 with over 4 million US sales) would be a flop.

Which is simply incorrect.

Um no? You were acting as if PLU is on track to be another Stronger, which it will not be. I doubt it will even be a Catch my Breath.

Aguila

#ICONIC
This is how I see 2013 playing out:

Beyonce releases something, Gaga releases something, Katy releases something, Britney releases something and they do relativel well/very good BUT THEN, somewhere in between these releases, Sky Ferreira comes out of nowhere and slays everyone with ha smash hit #1 single You're Not The One. Praying for your faves tbh

c20ac1e3.gif

Mau ®

This is how I see 2013 playing out:

Beyonce releases something, Gaga releases something, Katy releases something, Britney releases something and they do relativel well/very good BUT THEN, somewhere in between these releases, Sky Ferreira comes out of nowhere and slays everyone with ha smash hit #1 single You're Not The One. Praying for your faves tbh

c20ac1e3.gif

No sis. No.

iblguc6upkZgZj.gif

LOL I'm right, you're being a delusional stan, and I look forward to shoving the receipts in your face.

Your silence when it smashes will be deafening.

Actually I am sure you will be back on the bandwagon on that point. So I will be kind since I am a good stan who should set an example for lessors.

Bladenic

"3 views"

5 minutes later

"9 views"

Get that promo and view count up sis.

Your silence when it smashes will be deafening.

Actually I am sure you will be back on the bandwagon on that point. So I will be kind since I am a good stan who should set an example for lessors.

Hun, don't be confused. Just because I am not being delusional about a potential flop single does not mean I am no longer a stan.

botty

Banned
#thatPOWER would be good if it was just a Justin song...

And I'm loving every second
minute
hour
bigger
better
stronger
#power

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

So then what does everyone here consider a flop sales wise? I would like to know for future reference....

tumblr_mixg2dAWLl1qdlh1io1_400.gif

For me personally a flop single is anything less than 1.5 million OR less than half of what the equivalent from an artists last era sold.

Albums...... 750k OR less than half their last.

(This is for major artists only.)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So then what does everyone here consider a flop sales wise? I would like to know for future reference....

tumblr_mixg2dAWLl1qdlh1io1_400.gif

for singles:
gold = ok/flop
platinum = a moderate hit
double platinum = a hit
triple platinum = a smash hit

for albums
as long as it scans platinum

this is only for the US btw, I have different standards for WW but its complicated and relative

SaintZ

I can't breathe.

What's the original video tho? I want to hear what she's saying. ETA: I found it already. Damn that looked tasty.

Also, I kinda agree with Waffles about PLU. It is flopping because Kelly hasn't done significant promo outside of her performance on Idol
and because that is the same case with Avril RIP. Thank god the HTNGU video is out this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom