• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Sounds pretty decent.
M1GDraI.gif

Fey

Banned
Live It Up sounds so basic ...

I'm expecting #Beautiful to be at least a decent success tbh since she's using AI to promote. I will be very excited if it flops tho

ibu7roupjJb2UK.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Everyone thought Almost Home was Diamonds and Triumphant is shit. I thought most of POP-GAF agreed on this already.

ibq1hHCeJ3Gcpd.gif

I thought it was clear that my posts were dripping with sarcasm. At this point, I'm just praying that #BEAUTIFUL isn't a triumphant sized flop mess.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm ok with Live It Up being a generic Euro dance track
someone has to serve club anthems for the summer

but if J.Lo was hoping to smash or sell albums with it well good luck with that
ibq1hHCeJ3Gcpd.gif

Nemesis_

Nem, Gaga will slay.

My issue with Gaga is that she is taking too long to put out even an iota of new material and I fear in the current pop climate it will be detrimental for her.

Generally, people I speak to ask (stupidly, I add) "Is she even relevant anymore?" because they haven't heard a song from her in months (maybe even years?) and it's beginning to get quite frustrating.

I have absolutely no hesitations in admitting that her new album will be good in terms of quality, but I think if she needs to have some form of longevity then she needs to also perform well commercially.

I feel like ARTPOP was an album conceptualised and developed to be released when EDM in the mainstream was REALLY hitting it's stride, but countless delays and whatnot have seen the environment for mainstream pop shifting a lot - especially to ballads, urban and RnB.

I just hope this album isn't just successful for her in terms of the creation and reception of it by the fans, but she does well too with the mainstream.

I guess at most I am perturbed by the fact that she has been so uncharacteristically quiet about absolutely everything.

Bladenic

I'm ok with Live It Up being a generic Euro dance track
someone has to serve club anthems for the summer

but if J.Lo was hoping to smash or sell albums with it well good luck with that
ibq1hHCeJ3Gcpd.gif

I doubt she cares, her music career has been mostly dead in the water since Rebirth. Not like she needs the money.

That being said, the snippet was mostly

shanialol.gif

And with THAT being said, I hated On the Floor and was meh on Dance Again at first. So I'm not worried.

It looks like she has a nasty rash on one of her titties... :deadbanana2:

botty

Banned
So don't become some background noise
A backdrop for the girls and boys
Who just don't know or just don't care
And just complain when you're not there
You had your time, you had the power
You've yet to have your finest hour
Lady - La-dy

All we hear is Lady ga ga
Lady goo goo
La-dy ga ga
All we hear is Lady ga ga
Lady blah blah
Lady what's new?
Gaga, someone still loves you

ibyrIVLPnvu8yv.gif

Nemesis_

All of these cunts need to stop pretending they are queens and realise that you are CROWNED Queen you can't just sit your stupid ass on a throne and call yourself a queen.

Ch

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
My issue with Gaga is that she is taking too long to put out even an iota of new material and I fear in the current pop climate it will be detrimental for her.

Generally, people I speak to ask (stupidly, I add) "Is she even relevant anymore?" because they haven't heard a song from her in months (maybe even years?) and it's beginning to get quite frustrating.

I have absolutely no hesitations in admitting that her new album will be good in terms of quality, but I think if she needs to have some form of longevity then she needs to also perform well commercially.

I feel like ARTPOP was an album conceptualised and developed to be released when EDM in the mainstream was REALLY hitting it's stride, but countless delays and whatnot have seen the environment for mainstream pop shifting a lot - especially to ballads, urban and RnB.

I just hope this album isn't just successful for her in terms of the creation and reception of it by the fans, but she does well too with the mainstream.

I guess at most I am perturbed by the fact that she has been so uncharacteristically quiet about absolutely everything.

you are not allowed to have a meltdown

untitled-21mupq.gif

it'll probably sell well anyway

What makes you say that? Home's sales were incredibly flop. Her name means nothing as far as sales go.

LANA DEL RAY's movie song "Young and Beautiful" ..... which had no video, the movie is not out yet, and comes from a local artists most American's have never heard of, sold better and charted higher on Itunes.

You're letting your own personal frustrations with her speak for you. The current climate is actually shifting back to favoring established artists, and very few people have established themselves as a musical behemoth as efficiently as she has. I think the fact that she's only released two main albums, with one of them missing the mark a bit, would make it easy to believe that people aren't here for her anymore, but that's not true at all. With someone as superlative as Gaga, the public needs to take long breaks from her before getting sick and tired of the obtuse camp. I think that's what happened with Born This Way; there wasn't really a point before that album where she disappeared from the limelight only to re-emerge, and because of it people got sick of her halfway through her BTW era. This time she's playing her cards right, and with a title as omnipotent as "ARTPOP" she obviously has something big looming around the corner.

She will slay. And actually at this point her slayage is more of a sure thing than Beyonce's album, and that one's almost a full guarantee.

Bladenic

100% on track with Stronger. Thank you for your concern though.

Um, what? Stronger was already in the top 20 on BBHot100 by now. It actually sold digitally unlike PLU (thus far anyway). Of course PLU could be a slow burner but even Catch My Breath sold decently initially.

Um, what? Stronger was already in the top 20 on BBHot100 by now. It actually sold digitally unlike PLU (thus far anyway). Of course PLU could be a slow burner but even Catch My Breath sold decently initially.

100% not true.

Stronger had a LONG wind up before it took off.

Catch My Breath only had early sales because it was the debut single.

Bladenic

Show us the receipts, Waffle.

I will.

"Stronger" became a commercial success around the world. In the United States, it topped sixteen Billboard charts, marking career highs for Clarkson.[33] Boosted by digital sales following the release of Stronger, the song debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart as an album cut at number 64 on the week ending October 30, 2011.[34] It dropped out following week before returning at number 99 on week ending November 20, 2011.[35] Following its release as a single, "Stronger" re-entered Billboard Hot 100 at number 58 after Clarkson performed it on Saturday Night Live on the week ending January 21, 2012.[36] On the week ending January 28, 2012, the song climbed to number 21,[37] as well as debuting at number 38 on Adult Pop Songs.[38] The following week, it became her tenth top ten song on the Hot 100 chart as it advanced to number 8 due to the strength of a number 11 to number 3 jump on Hot Digital Songs and vault on Hot 100 Airplay from number 71 to number 44.[39]

Stronger was released officially on January 17th, 2012. Meanwhile, PLU has been officially out a month and hasn't even entered the BB Hot 100 (unless wiki is lying to me).

Nemesis_

Have any of you flops watched Nikita? I want to start but I hear it's really flopping badly and I don't want to get emotionally vested in another TV series only for it to be cancelled ;_;

RubyFaith

What makes you say that? Home's sales were incredibly flop. Her name means nothing as far as sales go.

LANA DEL RAY's movie song "Young and Beautiful" ..... which had no video, the movie is not out yet, and comes from a local artists most American's have never heard of, sold better and charted higher on Itunes.

That's why I said probably.

tumblr_mlaf9pfFlA1qbckpfo1_250.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Have any of you flops watched Nikita? I want to start but I hear it's really flopping badly and I don't want to get emotionally vested in another TV series only for it to be cancelled ;_;

The only show worth investing from The CW if you are worried about longevity is The Vampire Diaries

ieSvXynhhY9Gl.gif

Waffle, were you lying to me?

HMY9V.gif

No. The "official" release date may have been in January, but the MUSIC VIDEO was released December 14 2011........ while PLU's music video is still a few weeks out.

Not comparable at all as far as aligning their release dates.

Nemesis_

I heard ARROW was absolutely awful.

I wish Ringer wasn't as shit as it was meant to be, I was ready for SMG to be in my life every year again :(

ibfx6kkQzfQXzA.gif

Bladenic

I heard ARROW was absolutely awful.

I wish Ringer wasn't as shit as it was meant to be, I was ready for SMG to be in my life every year again :(

ibfx6kkQzfQXzA.gif

It started bad, but it got good.

Also Queen Gellar has a sitcom pilot with CBS this year. Of course, it's co-starring Robin Williams so...

I only found the first weeks updates but here they are:

01/04/2012 - 02.330
01/05/2012 - 02.913 (+0.583)
01/06/2012 - 03.448 (+0.535)
01/07/2012 - 04.080 (+0.632)
01/08/2012 - 04.744 (+0.664)
01/09/2012 - 05.300 (+0.556)

Which is essentially what PLU is doing now. It is true that after a month Stronger had more radio momentum...... but it also had a music video.

Anyone who calls it a flop before the video hits is being terrible premature. Especially since 3/4 of her last songs have done well. She is no flop like Mariah/Xtina/etc where betting against her is a safe bet.

Bladenic

I only found the first weeks updates but here they are:

01/04/2012 - 02.330
01/05/2012 - 02.913 (+0.583)
01/06/2012 - 03.448 (+0.535)
01/07/2012 - 04.080 (+0.632)
01/08/2012 - 04.744 (+0.664)
01/09/2012 - 05.300 (+0.556)

Which is essentially what PLU is doing now. It is true that after a month Stronger had more radio momentum...... but it also had a music video.

Anyone who calls it a flop before the video hits is being terrible premature. Especially since 3/4 of her last songs have done well. She is no flop like Mariah/Xtina/etc where better against her is a safe bet.

This was before the song was officially released though...

And why are you placing so much faith on the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom