• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
ikr
waq685xu9z.gif

It looks weird but if it makes the forum more stable I won't complain.

Too much space
Too much white
Ugly font

The sight is LITERALLY causing eye strain.

Nemesis_

Idolator have written a piece about Beyonce's album. There is no new information, it's more of a defense piece of Beyonce's whole "strategy" and release schedule.

The most talked about album of 2013 doesn’t have a title, a tracklist or even a prospective release date. The opus – or, more specifically, parts of it – are locked up tight on Beyonce‘s laptop and will most likely remain there until her hugely-successful Mrs. Carter Show world tour winds up in late September. Fans want new music. That’s fair enough but speculation about Bey’s fifth album has become an international meme. Reporters are hitting up past collaborators for tid-bits of information, snippets of leaked tracks are being analyzed with scientific scrutiny, an off-the-cuff remark to a fan during a meet-and-greet made headlines and the ever-faithful Hive even turned on their Queen in a moment of frustration. Why is everyone so uptight and thirsty?

It’s not like B has taken an extended leave of absence – less than two years have passed since 4 hit stores. I’m old enough to remember when a lengthy break between albums was the norm. Michael Jackson took five years between Thriller and Bad, while Whitney Houston fans waited an agonizing eight years between I’m Your Baby Tonight and My Love Is Your Love. But we live in an age where Rihanna drops a new album every November and that’s what many music lovers have come to expect. But it shouldn’t be a crime to work at your own pace. Beyonce should be applauded for focussing on quality instead of being attacked for keeping everyone waiting. Our health and wellbeing don’t depend on her latest club-banger being available on iTunes.

Give the woman a break. Bey is filling arenas every night on a grueling world tour, posing for arty Instagram pics and raising a daughter. She has also been kind enough to give us “Bow Down/I Been On” and purposely leaked “Grown Woman” if Timbland‘s tweet is any indication. (Members of the clique usually avoid publicly acknowledging anything non-official). Queen B also blessed us with “Rise Up” and thirty seconds of “Standing On The Sun” in her H&M commercial. The Mother Theresa of R&B also found time to improve Kelly Rowland‘s album with a cameo and write Michelle Williams a kind note. Don’t you feel bad right now?

If anything, Beyonce is guilty of mismanaging expectations. We all had egg on our face when the Super Bowl came and went with no lead single and then just assumed she would be debuting new music before the tour. A simple tweet warning us that era V wouldn’t commence until late 2013 would have made a huge difference. Sure, it would have also sparked a Twitter riot but the Hive is resilient. The fact that new dates are still being added to The Mrs. Carter Show (and still selling out almost instantaneously) is proof that fans don’t really care about the setlist. We just want to see the best performer of our generation.

As for the new album? It will come and – given Bey’s peerless discography – it will be worth the wait. The unquenchable thirst for new music has created more buzz for the project than any interview or television appearance. The eventual announcement of a release date could well break the internet. I know it’s not easy to be patient. In a perfect world, we’d get daily updates but Beyonce is not about that life. And to be honest, I’d prefer her to spend the time in the studio making sure V is her biggest and best era yet.

I guess he raises some point, and I seriously question whether or not Soulscribe was ghost writing for Idolator when this article went up - but at the same time I wonder what's the point of going on tour for an old album. Has this kind of thing ever been done before? I'm not even being shady, I'm asking a genuine question.

Is there a precedent for this kind of promotional scheduling?

Majmun

Her 5th grade education decisions are earning her a lot of money tho. A sold out world tour with no new material out. Not many faves can do such thing. She made a decision and it's a success.

I'm glad she doesn't release a new album every year.
Unlike many other fanbases,The Beyhive has standards and Bey knows this.
ibcayQm8dS2iRv.gif

Kyon

Banned
Money= not the damn point. Bey Stans have been more stanning her earnings to distract themselves from the hard boiled questions and questionable BS that has been going on from their fave. Y'all should be grilling and reading her ass for new music. DEMAND a release of her promo singles on iTunes and amazon. Something

Majmun

Re-read that article. Many stanbases had to wait for years before their fave released new stuff. It's nothing unusual. Not every artist has to release new material each year...
Even Mariah's Memoirs of an imperfect angel is from 2009 and she just recently released her new single.

Sure, I'd like Bey to release a new good album. But she's taking her time, and I can accept it. Bey is currently on a WW tour and making the Beyhive happy anyway.

The haters seem to more pressed about Bey's album being mia tbh...

cory64

The point isn't that she's making fans wait, it's that she's been doing everything that new album promo entails... just short of an actual single and album announcement. It's frustrating.

Kyon

Banned
I guess comparing what everyone does with what Bey does is another way of deflecting the struggle. Seriously this isn't about everyone else's faves it's about yours. She has songs available to the public by non legal means as well as going on a tour for the same album twice

These songs and MV should have been released already and ushered the new era. She keeps performing these songs in her tour teasing her fans to death for a SUPPOSED album releasing this year and not lettin them get their hands on it? A damn fuckin mess. I mean WHY BOTHER using these songs anywhere?

JCX

The point isn't that she's making fans wait, it's that she's been doing everything that new album promo entails... just short of an actual single and album announcement. It's frustrating.

Considering Jay's Samsung deal for MCHG, I wonder if all of the Carters' albums going forward will be promotional deals first and albums second.

edit: hope Grimes didn't lose her next album . . .

2Iig8Xb.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Trigger

Considering Jay's Samsung deal for MCHG, I wonder if all of the Carters' albums going forward will be promotional deals first and albums second.

I'm very curious if Bey might actually follow Jay's lead and do something similar with her album.

2Iig8Xb.png

Noooooooooo

cory64

dfvcfgvxdvb GOTHAM?? In 2013?? Ch...

Seems like this could be the case, the album is the promo, the consumer is the product, and companies are the consumers.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The fact that a stan for Rih, whose yearly clockwork release schedule screams MUSIC AS COMMODITY is coming for someone who is clearly taking their time to actually make a good album makes me wonder if perhaps I partied SO HARD last night that I have fallen into a PARALLEL WORLD.

botty

Banned
No wonder DominoKid enjoyed Zedd's Jimmy Fallon performance. It didn't have a single trace of the zedd sound. No EDM at all. He's going to be so confused when he listens to that album.

4p0Y7.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
My mum was adamant that MJ only had 3 kids
That liar.

iNz2Zs1o48QeB.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC

2Iig8Xb.png

Hey guys, we now can embed tweets *.*

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/348337567172808704[/tweet]

i5PgJ0qhhoBpX.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Testing

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ddlovato/status/3280746016[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ddlovato/status/341529592089165825[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ddlovato/status/1627233522[/tweet]

seems like the twitter code works, coolness

Matt_

Jessie J is currently performing on the Voice Uk and she sounds awful

How do you embed tweets though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom