• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

That Summertime Sadness Cedric Gervais remix is giving me LIFE right now. Slay.
And it had another great update on radio today. HOW?!

LANA DEL REY – Summertime Sadness: 11.477 (+1.172)

The song is going to be added to Rythmic soon too.

I can't at this slaying. The video was released a year ago RIP.

Lana should do some promo but I doubt she cares about this.

royalan

I really wouldn't mind if Summertime Sadness became a Lights-like sleeper hit.

It's a great song, and I always thought it was the most radio-friendly track from BTD (next to Off to the Races. She should have had ASAP Rocky add a verse to that track and sent it to radio, too. ;_____;)

SaintZ

Of course I want SS to have success I'm just baffled at this sudden rise.

In other news, demure beauty Brooke Candy is working with... will.I.am.

BROOKE CANDY ‏@BR00KECANDY 1m

Just got to London, thought I'd be tired but I'm so excited!! Goin to see @keshasuxx tonight and recording with @iamwill tomorrow!!!! WOOP
Brooke + Sia + will.I.am.? Perched for this trainwreck.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Seleners album is slaying me.
Let me stan a little.

ibyAYpB2aVp6tc.gif

Tell em tha its ma birthday. Tell em tha its ma birthday

ibyAYpB2aVp6tc.gif

Come & Get it is still vile tho

____

Interscope needs to force Lana to do promo for SS in the US. I doubt she'd want to on her own.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Take Back The Night: 27.361 (+4.537)

After hearing this shit so much yesterday I had to check if it had payola, not surprised

Eww

Trigger

After hearing this shit so much yesterday I had to check if it had payola, not surprised

Eww

I'm not surprised. 20/20 didn't clock lots of hit songs, but the marketing was pretty top notch. I expect a strong push behind Vol. 2 as well.

SaintZ

cory64

Dynamic Range is the amount of space between the loudest and quietest sounds on a recording, the lower the number, the higher the average sound level is (list is far from complete). http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

DR4
Lotus
Glassheart
Yeezus

DR5
The Fame Monster
Femme Fatale
Halcyon
Lights (Ellie)
One of the Boys
American Life
Hard Candy
Born To Die
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
All I Ever Wanted
Believe (Bieber)
Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded
Ceremonials

DR6
Blackout
The Fame
Born This Way
Teenage Dream
Speak Now
Loud
Good Girl Gone Bad
Talk That Talk
Rated R
Unapologetic
Bionic
The 20/20 Experience
Confessions on a Dance Floor
MDNA
808s & Heartbreak
Stronger
Lungs

DR6 seems to be standard... but it's still way too fucking loud.

Individual Songs
DR2:
Kanye "All of the Lights" "Monster" "Black Skinhead" "I Am A God"
Nicki "Stupid Hoe"
Guetta "Just One Last Time"
Imagine Dragons "Radioactive"

DR3
Xtina "Let There Be Love" "Around The World"
Leona "Shake You Up"
Kanye "New Slaves" "Send It Up"
Guetta "Turn Me On" "Without You" "She Wolf" "

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
you had to search to figure it out?

The rolling effect will hit him harder this time
I needed confirmation

Also Katy Perra has been announced to perform at the iheartradio festival which means her new single should be out before Sept. 20th. Arms at ready

Cynosure

SS will not impact. Lana needs to move on from the Teenage Dream-eqsue overmilking and release a new LP, especially since she isn't actually milking anything with all those flop singles.

also, Lana Del Rey is a better vocalist than Mariah Carey.

Eww

At least the king of pop/R&B/soul benefits from payola

romantic-kisses-movies-celebrities-gifs-tumblr-justin-timberlake-cry-me-a-river.gif

Trigger

Also Katy Perra has been announced to perform at the iheartradio festival which means her new single should be out before Sept. 20th. Arms at ready

Bless. The fall slayage is coming.

EDIT- That Miguel/Jessie track is kinda useless. Jessie's presence isn't strong enough, and it's not giving me anything that I didn't get from the original.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
SS will not impact. Lana needs to move on from the Teenage Dream-eqsue overmilking and release a new LP, especially since she isn't actually milking anything with all those flop singles.

also, Lana Del Rey is a better vocalist than Mariah Carey.
]

I can see Touchdown and Mumei already...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Lana Del Rey, Adele >>> Mariah + Whitney

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ya'll know I speak the truth
You can be the best damn singer in the world, doesn't mean you make the best music

iWbeBOtJJtev9.gif

Just finished the MDNA tour too
The first half hour or so was pretty shit, and she managed to crucify Hung Up with a horrendous amount of autotune, but after vogue it got miles better
Celebration at the end was hype as fuck too

Don't think the show was as good as the stick and sweet tour, or the confessions tour though. Nem would probably do a better job at ranking them

Yado

Ya'll know I speak the truth
You can be the best damn singer in the world, doesn't mean you make the best music

iLGESDRpU3rNn.gif

Now that you put it this way I suppose I do like her music more than the other people you mentioned.

It's also why Rihanna sleeps in a bed made of wigs snatched from her more talented peers.

Matt_

It's also why Rihanna sleeps in a bed made of wigs snatched from her more talented peers.

Ikr
Rihanna cannot sing as well as Bey, dance as well, perform as well, even lyrically shes not as good
yet for many Rih >> Bey

You speak lies. Why is Lana even being compared to Legends like Mariah, Crackney, and Adele?

Because Lana is known for her voice, despite not being a vocal talent
And she makes better music than them all, and you will deal

Matt_

An artists talent doesn't affect how much I enjoy their music.
I'm guessing that you're in the same position considering you like Christina.

iiKuTyGFLn9Wj.gif

Kyon

Banned
An artists talent doesn't affect how much I enjoy their music.
I'm guessing that you're in the same position considering you like Christina.

iiKuTyGFLn9Wj.gif

nnnn not too much on the LEGEND. Her disco slays but

this also explains why there is only one Prince stan here

iiKuTyGFLn9Wj.gif

Partition

Banned
Oh just this usual spiel from the #NVAY
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

There is a reason Katy, Rihanna, and Kesha lack a strong dedicated fanbase (outside of the internet especially, but Rihanna fans dont even have their own active fansite). They all lack the complete package and are nothing but someone cute to appreciate while their current label-designed song is on the radio.

I can guarantee you there are more Prince fans out there than Rihanna... most of them are too old and have better things to do than surf pop forums.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oh just this usual spiel from the #NVAY
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

There is a reason Katy, Rihanna, and Kesha lack a strong dedicated fanbase (outside of the internet especially, but Rihanna fans dont even have their own active fansite). They all lack the complete package and are nothing but someone cute to appreciate while their current label-designed song is on the radio.

I can guarantee you there are more Prince fans out there than Rihanna... most of them are too old and have better things to do than surf pop forums.

Yeah cause artists with weak fanbases usually go on sold out world tours. That tea might work for Kesha or Katy who tour for absolute shit, but not for Rihanna. Nice try tho.

Kyon

Banned
(but Rihanna fans dont even have their own active fansite).

You lie

RihannaDaily

Rihanna herself has been in our chatroom when Loud was announced

iiKuTyGFLn9Wj.gif

We also have secret sites DEDICATED for RIHquesting on Radio. It's been around for years. You definitely tried

Rob found his way here somehow just fine

iiKuTyGFLn9Wj.gif

Cynosure

GGGB: 3 #1s
RR: 1 #1
Loud: 3 #1s
TTT: 1 #1

and now with Apologetic, the pattern is more broken than Wrecknee's spirit. I can only see her go down from here. Rihductive's reign is over.

ib05hg9pdG0iRj.gif

Registered users online: 0
Guests online: 9

Howling

cackling.
truly the self-clockiest of them all.

Kyon

Banned
The secret site says otherwise.

iiKuTyGFLn9Wj.gif

Just comes to show it dont matter how many users you have online on forums. The #Navy has been consistent in contributing massive amounts to ha ariplay and more.

The majority of her stans are already on Twitter too. Global #Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom