• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
But why would anyone want Rap Nicki, the Re-Up was awful

Super Bass, Va Va Voom, Whip It, etc >>>> the rap songs with her not being a feature

I agree that Superbass is an amazing song, and better than most of the stuff she's put out. She needs to do a whole album full of songs like that. Songs that are not full pop (since it's clear NO ONE is here for that), rather, songs that blend pop and hip-hop since it's what she does well, and what people want. There's a reason why Roman Reloaded flop comparatively to Pink Friday

--

I'm also having a problem with this:

"I just don’t know your resume."

I don't really want to waste time going in on her, but her resume up until this point is sinking album sales, and a failed attempt at being a pop star.

Trigger

That new Sia track is just

ibc2P0aCTfehc3.gif

royalan

Honestly, I think Nicki's problem in regards to pop is that she hasn't really taken the time to really develop herself as a Pop artist. There's more to it than just dressing up like a Gaga reject.

I think that's why she finds success featuring on other's people's songs, but not so much her own. It's one thing to jump on another artist's song and temporarily leech a bit of their perspective, but when she tries it with her own stuff the music is is usually just the bargain-bin version of whatever trend is hot at the moment. She doesn't ACTUALLY put much thought into the music itself, and you can tell.

What's her perspective as a Pop act? What's she about? It can't JUST be her wacky facial expressions and quirky delivery -- all things that people have more than gotten over at this point.

She's not doing pop anymore because that cheap, lazy, paint-by-numbers, EDM dropstep chorus phase is on its way out and she'd have to put in actual Superbass-esque effort into her work. I would tell her to stick to what she's good at but she was fired from American Idol, wasn't she?

P.S. I wish David Guetta were unemployed. Sia girl, you're better than that.

DMeisterJ

Banned
But will Unapologetic give us a bigger song than Starships?

ibf1K8zZd7GZHx.gif

It already did. "Diamonds" clocked the #1 spot in 20 different countries across the globe, while "Starships" managed two countries. If we're talking digital sales, "Starships" clocks "Diamonds" in the US (4x plat vs 3x plat) but on the WW scale, considering how many countries "Diamonds" topped vs "Starships", I'd give the nod to Rih.

So yes, Unapologetic will give us a bigger song that "Starships".

You tried it

Trigger

It already did. "Diamonds" clocked the #1 spot in 20 different countries across the globe, while "Starships" managed two countries. If we're talking digital sales, "Starships" clocks "Diamonds" in the US (4x plat vs 3x plat) but on the WW scale, considering how many countries "Diamonds" topped vs "Starships", I'd give the nod to Rih.

You tried it

Educate ha

pHdUC.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

You tried it

Bye

Total sales will always best chart position

that is why Born This Way still shits on WFL even though WFL had a longer chart run
ibdxWa4nEaSNaL.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bye

Total sales will always best chart position

that is why Born This Way still shits on WFL even though WFL had a longer chart run
ibdxWa4nEaSNaL.gif

We don't have accurate WW sales for each single so we can't use single sales. Goodbye tho.

If we're talking US sales, then yes, "Starships" is a bigger local hit than "Diamonds"

If we're talking WW tho...

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
We don't have accurate WW sales for each single so we can't use single sales. Goodbye tho.

If we're talking US sales, then yes, "Starships" is a bigger local hit than "Diamonds"

If we're talking WW tho...

We have estimates that are then backed up by end of the year reports later on, so yes we can use single sales

Nemesis_

iFx0YskoAW37p.png

Drought or not, everything dropping between now and Leona's 4th album in December is a thirsty desperate PRECURSOR

#XXXXworlddomination2013

If your fave struggles as much as in those terrible interviews then I weep for Horseheart 2.0

What even happened to Glassheart? :/

Touchdown

Banned
Until the whistle note ceases to make Rihanna look like Whitney Houston in comparison.

Ri could never look like Whitney Houston. I don't know why you're going so hard against the queen lately, most likely you feel threatened. When you can explain this disaster by your favorite face bruised horse-voice seal trying her best to stan for MY fave, then I'll start taking you serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTtMXLe5z3Y

iFMoP02KR3ysX.gif

As usual your attacks fall flat on all fours like your fave on stage
2730950_o.gif

Be gone
2eav0o6.jpg.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Pressed fuckshit

Living in the past like your fave and her ability to hit a whistle note live. How sad.

I'm not going hard against the queen, you're going hard against me. Multiple people clocked her on how she sounded, but you keep coming for me. Why do I have YOU all steam-pressed and bothered tho?

Koodo

Banned
I think that's why she finds success featuring on other's people's songs, but not so much her own. It's one thing to jump on another artist's song and temporarily leech a bit of their perspective, but when she tries it with her own stuff the music is is usually just the bargain-bin version of whatever trend is hot at the moment. She doesn't ACTUALLY put much thought into the music itself, and you can tell.
lol

ibf1K8zZd7GZHx.gif

royalan

I KNEW this would happen.

ibu7p0Ot83N18J.gif

And BYE. Christina is a fully-realized Pop artist. She's got a completely different set of issues. First and foremost, the fact that she just doesn't seem to care enough to really put herself out there these days, which is the exact OPPOSITE of Nicki's core issue.

EDIT: Besides, even when Christina flops, she takes chances with her music.

royalan

How is midtempo electropop song produced and written by Max Martin / Shellback considered "taking a chance" ?

ixPZVGtQF77X5.gif

...I'm not counting Lotus. I think it's a good album, but Xtina has demonstrated well enough by now that it's not a project she wanted ANYTHING to do with short of saying that.

And, even then, RHKL and Circles are interesting bops.

The last album she had any semblance of passion for gave us Sia, though. It was also a huge departure from music she'd recorded previously. But you can say that about pretty much every Christina album. She's always forged her own path.

botty

Banned
Is she still trying with that english album?

ipaQEWL6qK0uz.gif

Oh just checked J's blog

http://randomjpop.blogspot.com/2013/05/crystal-kay-puts-in-work-in-us-new.html

Crystal also recently did a shoot with the hotly in-demand fashion photographer duo Gomillion and Leupold who have shot album covers for Brandy, Jennifer Lopez, Jill Scott, Iggy Azalea, that flop bitch Cassie, that flop bitch Ciara, hot mess ho Ke$ha and wife beating n***a Chris Brown to name a few.

ipaQEWL6qK0uz.gif

Kyon

Banned
Crystal also recently did a shoot with the hotly in-demand fashion photographer duo Gomillion and Leupold who have shot album covers for Brandy, Jennifer Lopez, Jill Scott, Iggy Azalea, that flop bitch Cassie, that flop bitch Ciara, hot mess ho Ke$ha and wife beating n***a Chris Brown to name a few.

LOL J does the MosT

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Little Mix has had no profile promo here, America's GP doesn't even know about their existence BUT...

why is DNA higher on iTunes than Wings?

Edit: oh they just released an album on the 28th and are expected to sell 45-50k, not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom