• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Oh, are we posting our top artist's from LastFm? Let me join iN

AYlJw2V.jpg

LordT, no follicle shall be safe. Katy is cominG

Cynosure

I'm going to try to do this. Of course, mine will be alphabetized and have pretty
  • bullets

Unlike some peoples'.

Mother Mary full of grace
In my weakness, I've lost faith
I've been careless, and I have been warned
And the devil inside me is torn
God bless the men that I have scorned

ioSlho0zcQhIb.gif

223 plays for lady gaga eh?

You had to dig for that one eh. Imma go ahead and write the bulk of that of as shit that gets scrobbled in plug.dj. The 4,600 Rihanna plays should be more disconcerting since I just started listening to her around the time Unapologetic came out. #NAVY

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
You had to dig for that one eh. Imma go ahead and write the bulk of that of as shit that gets scrobbled in plug.dj. The 4,600 Rihanna plays should be more disconcerting since I just started listening to her around the time Unapologetic came out. #NAVY

Oh I didn't know plug did scrobbles.
Still doesn't explain that favourited track that is telephone

hDFE967C7

4600 plays since unapologetic though, gurl you need to stop

If only there was a way to transfer your iTunes plays to that site or you'll see my cray cray stats.

Let's just say I have a couple of albums whose individual songs have been played at least 1,500 times. Each.

Oh, and I may have a confession to make later. It may make me susceptible to some shade but I'm gonna own it anyway. Let's just say it's been a very RECENT development.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
If only there was a way to transfer your iTunes plays to that site or you'll see my cray cray stats.

Let's just say I have a couple of albums whose individual songs have been played at least 1,500 times. Each.

Oh, and I may have a confession to make later. It may make me susceptible to some shade but I'm gonna own it anyway. Let's just say it's been a very RECENT development.

There is a way, you sync last fm with your library
Think you do it with the scrobbler, not sure though

Matt_

Devoid of flaws outside of number 2

Trigger

I think anyone could the song and it would still be good. None of the Wanted boys really have a style or voice that defines it tbh.

Mother Mary full of grace
In my weakness, I've lost faith
I've been careless, and I have been warned
And the devil inside me is torn
God bless the men that I have scorned

ioSlho0zcQhIb.gif

Stan the best song on Back To Basics <3

I sing this song at karaoke all the time and I fucking SLAY that last chorus.

Ohhhh

laaaaaawwd

heeeeeeeeyve

Mercy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN MAAAA SAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWUUUULLLLLLLLLLL YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, I am wondering if the song is good because it's produced/written so well or if the Wanted actually help the song in some way.

It should have been an Olympic theme song TBH.

For what its worth, I do think the song sounds better with a group than it would have if recorded by a solo artist.

botty

Banned
It should have been an Olympic theme song TBH.

For what its worth, I do think the song sounds better with a group than it would have if recorded by a solo artist.

Oh that would have worked really well. The song is so odd on their album, and doesn't really fit...but that's a good thing. I can't stand this group, but if they kept making songs like this I would listen to their music more often.

Nemesis_

I just synced with my iPad (using CloudScrob) so now my LastFM stats are accurate, here are my top artists!

iGYneAr.png

I left Enya running on Spotify one day without me realising, and she's staying in my top 10 more than I'd like her to be ;_;

Oh that would have worked really well. The song is so odd on their album, and doesn't really fit...but that's a good thing. I can't stand this group, but if they kept making songs like this I would listen to their music more often.

Yeah, I purchased the album last year after an Amazon 99c sale. Gold Forever grabbed me immediately.

Semi-stanned them for a period, but the rest of their album got stale very quickly.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I just synced with my iPad (using CloudScrob) so now my LastFM stats are accurate, here are my top artists!

iGYneAr.png

I left Enya running on Spotify one day without me realising, and she's staying in my top 10 more than I'd like her to be ;_;
This is the WORST excuse I've ever heard, I have been listening to Vampire Weeekend solidly for a week and I have racked up fewer listens.

botty

Banned

iGYneAr.png

30 Seconds to Mars - (194 plays)

Stan
67d90ee8.gif

Nemesis_

This is the WORST excuse I've ever heard, I have been listening to Vampire Weeekend solidly for a week and I have racked up fewer listens.

I put it on almost every time I study, and leave it running day after day. I don't know what else to say ;_;

Her vocals are so indistinguishable that I don't find them distracting.

I don't think she's bad or anything nor that it's embarrassing to listen to her, I just don't know where the fuck 490 plays came from.

30 Seconds to Mars - (194 plays)

Stan
67d90ee8.gif

tumblr_m57v1l8owf1r6jv06o1_250.gif

Tumblr GIFs are repulsive

I still haven't bought or listened to LLF+D :(

botty

Banned
Yeah, I purchased the album last year after an Amazon 99c sale. Gold Forever grabbed me immediately.

Semi-stanned them for a period, but the rest of their album got stale very quickly.

I listened to all their albums, and Gold Forever is the only one I keep coming back to. The rest sound to formulaic and go stale fast.

Btw, did you listen to that Cassadee Pope song?

I still haven't bought or listened to LLF+D :(

Mess. The only way to truly enjoy the songs on the album is by listening to it as a whole. I think that's how Jared envisioned it.

Matt_

Hew are ATB, Jes, Sneaky Sound System and Enigma tho

I listened to all their albums, and Gold Forever is the only one I keep coming back to. The rest sound to formulaic and go stale fast.

Btw, did you listen to that Cassadee Pope song?

The new one?

Yeah, not a fan of it. Not the type of country that I gravitate towards.

Still I like her well enough to give her another chance.

Nemesis_

Hew are ATB, Jes, Sneaky Sound System and Enigma tho

ATB and JES are like my favouritest trance people ever. I don't expect PopGAF to like them.

ATB's most famous track is easily 9PM Till I Come or Don't Stop.

JES's most famous tracks would probably be As The Rush Comes or the Tiesto remix of "Like A Waterfall"

Sneaky Sound System are truly local, but I recently really got into their music a lot more ever since their lead singer was a mentor on The Voice though it might be my high school nostalgia catching up with me :p

When We Were Young
Kansas City
I Love It
UFO
Pictures

Enigma are an electronic music project who I also listen to when studying because it's very mellow / ambient / chill out kind of stuff. Helps me focus a lot I find. It also really helps me mellow out and sleep after big nights at work :(

You probably know their song Sadeness Part 1 which is very old sounding but seems to be their most "used" track around.

botty

Banned
The new one?

Yeah, not a fan of it. Not the type of country that I gravitate towards.

Still I like her well enough to give her another chance.

The song doesn't even really sound country to me. It reminds me, and this isn't to sound cliche, like an Avril song. Waiting to see if she can get with better writers/producers in the future. Not too bad for a first official single, though.

The song doesn't even really sound country to me. It reminds me, and this isn't to sound cliche, like an Avril song. Waiting to see if she can get with better writers/producers in the future. Not too bad for a first official single, though.

Yeah, it is performing OK on itunes.

I really don't see it getting any radio traction though. I can't figure out who her audience is. Country radio doesn't accept crossovers, and pop radio needs a country song to have a great gimmick before it will play it.

Will probably sample/purchase her album when it comes out anyways.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
QSxB1Cs.jpg

Pop isn't a lifestyle for me the way it is for you girls, but several of these (especially Queen Kate and Madge) would be much higher if last fm could scrobble vinyl plays
iH4g3XnzBQrZT.gif

Matt_

ATB and JES are like my favouritest trance people ever. I don't expect PopGAF to like them.

ATB's most famous track is easily 9PM Till I Come or Don't Stop.

JES's most famous tracks would probably be As The Rush Comes or the Tiesto remix of "Like A Waterfall"

Sneaky Sound System are truly local, but I recently really got into their music a lot more ever since their lead singer was a mentor on The Voice though it might be my high school nostalgia catching up with me :p

When We Were Young
Kansas City
I Love It
UFO
Pictures

Enigma are an electronic music project who I also listen to when studying because it's very mellow / ambient / chill out kind of stuff. Helps me focus a lot I find. It also really helps me mellow out and sleep after big nights at work :(

You probably know their song Sadeness Part 1 which is very old sounding but seems to be their most "used" track around.

Such a trance fan, who knew?
latrell-white-chicks-o.gif

I do recognise that ATB song, it's like one of the most iconic dance beats
As the rush comes is great too, though it says it's by someone called motorcycle? Or is JES just the singer with them?

99% sure my mum has an album by Enigma. She puts it on sometimes when we have guests as background music
ibkCv8rB6ldSH8.gif

Nemesis_

Such a trance fan, who knew?
latrell-white-chicks-o.gif

I do recognise that ATB song, it's like one of the most iconic dance beats
As the rush comes is great too, though it says it's by someone called motorcycle? Or is JES just the singer with them?

99% sure my mum has an album by Enigma. She puts it on sometimes when we have guests as background music
ibkCv8rB6ldSH8.gif

EDM was almost the only genre I exclusively listened to throughout most of high school (heck, I felt like we all did, I remember we all planned to (and succesfully) sneaked into a Tiesto gig once ^_^). So yeah, I guess it stuck with me. I only became interested in pop music after hearing Gaga. HER POWER.

MOTORCYCLE was a "project" which basically coupled Gabriel & Dresden's production with JES's vocals. I think they only put out one song though, but it's fucking amazing.

Matt_

EDM was almost the only genre I exclusively listened to throughout most of high school (heck, I felt like we all did, I remember we all planned to (and succesfully) sneaked into a Tiesto gig once ^_^). So yeah, I guess it stuck with me. I only became interested in pop music after hearing Gaga. HER POWER.

MOTORCYCLE was a "project" which basically coupled Gabriel & Dresden's production with JES's vocals. I think they only put out one song though, but it's fucking amazing.

EDM is life giving tbh, if I knew more about the artists it would get a lot more plays from me. Should really start being active in the official thread
Seeing Swedish House Mafia live was just everything

Getting into Sneaky Sound System and I've heard UFO a couple of times before. Not sure whether it was in plug odr they got some plays in the Uk but I could use
ibwtOyFPXszq31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom