• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I didn't know plug did scrobbles.
Still doesn't explain that favourited track that is telephone

hDFE967C7

4600 plays since unapologetic though, gurl you need to stop

Beyonslay!

Lord, just rewatched Telephone and Video Phone today. Still cannot believe that my two faves worked together so feverishly. Both those videos were like extreme introspectives into their respective artist's universe, with the other artist tagging along for the ride.

I love that the extreme version of Beyonce's world is hyper-sexual, heavy on choreo, and heavy on Bey. Gaga's world is a fucked up Tarantino candyland with random motifs and accents. The videos showed me that even though Gaga's universe is much more extravant, colorful and exciting, it was much easier for Beyonce to fit into her universe than it was for Gaga to fit into Beyonce's universe. The reason being that Gaga's world is heavy on the tableau and the gimmicks, whereas Beyonce's world is completely reliant on Beyonce's every word and move. You can fit in Gaga's aesthetic if you have the right tools and mindset, but you'll need real presence and performing skills to pull off Bey's aeshetic. Of course the difference in the videos themselves is that while Video Phone is a fun sexy ride, Telephone is pure video art.

Who else here has been blessed by having their faves work together??

Touchdown

Banned
Lord, just rewatched Telephone and Video Phone today. Still cannot believe that my two faves worked together so feverishly. Both those videos were like extreme introspectives into their respective artist's universe, with the other artist tagging along for the ride.

I love that the extreme version of Beyonce's world is hyper-sexual, heavy on choreo, and heavy on Bey. Gaga's world is a fucked up Tarantino candyland with random motifs and accents. The videos showed me that even though Gaga's universe is much more extravant, colorful and exciting, it was much easier for Beyonce to fit into her universe than it was for Gaga to fit into Beyonce's universe. The reason being that Gaga's world is heavy on the tableau and the gimmicks, whereas Beyonce's world is completely reliant on Beyonce's every word and move. You can fit in Gaga's aesthetic if you have the right tools and mindset, but you'll need real presence and performing skills to pull off Bey's aeshetic. Of course the difference in the videos themselves is that while Video Phone is a fun sexy ride, Telephone is pure video art.

Who else here has been blessed by having their faves work together??

And no lies were detected in that video...

tumblr_inline_mmrzwtuIly1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mmrzucFSkk1qz4rgp.gif

but seriously, my 2 faves as messy as they wanna be... <3
tumblr_ml10zmPdTJ1qm7o8do1_500_zps5a4a312c.gif

botty

Banned
I imagine that they will go in a similar direction that Little Mix took. Which I won't be mad about since I like DNA (the album.... not the track).

They need to follow the direction and art style of their Anything Could Happen performance on X Factor. People are here for the spectacle + vocals that they offered with that. I think they could even get some Kpop fans to stan them if they go that route.

Artemisia

Banned
They need to follow the direction and art style of their Anything Could Happen performance on X Factor. People are here for the spectacle + vocals that they offered with that. I think they could even get some Kpop fans to stan them if they go that route.

lmfao if you think they'll be able to replicate the MAGIC and GRACE of Anything Could Happen on their own.

botty

Banned
lmfao if you think they'll be able to replicate the MAGIC and GRACE of Anything Could Happen on their own.

I wasn't talking about the song. I meant the way they performed and presented the song. The glitter, lights, fairy stuff, etc. Of course the song being good helped too, but I still think the presentation is what helped them get the most votes and so many stans after that performance.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Halcyon was great

Just been thinking though, we are half way through the year and the only decent album I think I've heard is Charli XCXs and Rudimental + Major Lazer, but they're not pop

How disappointing.

iso5H4vC3qeUZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom