• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did too tbh. when it first came out, i listened to losing you so much, it overshadowed the other bops. but now im rediscovering them. i just need something because 2013 has been such a goddamn mess.

Artemisia

Banned
Pitchfork seems pressed that they lost the pre-release stream of Bitter Rivals to Rolling Stone.

Not them giving Reign of Terror (on our eardrums) BNM and Bitter Rivals 5.9.

i1KzhSaSBgxEM.gif

EDIT: fffff they are going IN

botty

Banned
So is almost everyone in popgaf getting pokemon xy this weekend? If you are PM me your friendcode if I don't already have it. *.*

tumblr_mubftcPkAC1r33943o4_250.gif

cory64

The title track on Bitter Rivals is great too, I didn't take to it at first.

So is almost everyone in popgaf getting pokemon xy this weekend? If you are PM me your friendcode if I don't already have it. *.*

But which version to get
vlHoylg.gif

Qazaq

Banned
Anyone else think SMS (Bangerz) has lots of potential, but it just... isn't good?

I mean, when Britney's talking and the part immediately afterward when the beat seems to change every 5 seconds, and Miley yelling "I be strutting my stuuuuuuufff" in the background.... Those 30 seconds sound so awful
(ly good :))

But all in all the song goes nowhere, has no climax, and most of all: the song desperately needs a fatter bass. As is now, it sounds like it's coming from my alarm clock.

I just bought Bangerz after having pretty mixed feelings about it.

Some stuff has grown on me, but ultimately this is how I felt about a lot of the first half of the album.

Adore You goes no where and has no climax. SMS goes nowhere and has no climax. 4x4 goes nowhere and has no climax. #GETITRIGHT, one of my faves and I've been jamming to, also kind of meanders and has no climax. Do My Thang is the same way. My Darlin'.

It's the story of the album for me.

Even Wrecking Ball kind of doesn't have that rise at the end like you want it to. Funnily enough, Miley does it in the live version - she sings the first two lines of the last chorus way up there. We Can't Stop is very good.

FU is terrific and feels good.

Peru

The 'butt what?' line in Wayne's Paris verse prompted a spit take but I still don't know if that or "all she know is suck, fuck" is the dumbest line. I mean he's taken things to new heights here. Good Time isn't bad though.

Nemesis_

It's a statue, ain't no makeup.

I'm waiting until the day before the album during the artRAVE where the statue is on display and nobody can find Lady Gaga on the floor but then suddenly IT BLINKS and then she sings all of her music and puts the album out a whole month early (as in tomorrow)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm waiting until the day before the album during the artRAVE where the statue is on display and nobody can find Lady Gaga on the floor but then suddenly IT BLINKS and then she sings all of her music and puts the album out a whole month early (as in tomorrow)
Hmmm
[edit] wwaiiiiitttt

UKzuWmd.png

Is she in the studio again?

Only the ICONIC ART QUEEN could do such a thing
(lmao that lil lohanthony girl tweeted some shit like "artpop will change the music industry forever" i_wanna_see_the_receipts.gif)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Let's not get our hopes up.
I still remember when Fembot dropped out of the blue

Fresh out the box
I'm the latest model
Generator running on full throttle
Can I get a fuel-up hit the bottle
Reboot
I got a lotta
Automatic booty applications
Got a CPU maxed out sensation
Looking for a droid to man my station
Rock the nation

I got some news for you
Fembots have feelings too

Effortlessly shitting on all pop music released that year

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the iconography

iMqDcRNhwhs80.gif

I went from loving it with half-confidence to full adoration now. It's just so perfect. It's pop art, it's authentic Koons, it's pop culture and art all at once. I love that everything behind her is on the brink of explosion and her statue is so polished and unbreakable. Such a great dichotomy. So proud of her for this one.

It's so weird that Interscope, MTV, Vevo and GagaDaily have confirmed that Aura and the lyric video are coming out today, yet not a peep from Gaga herself. She's locked herself in the studio finishing the record but she can still tweet, so not sure if this is still happening. Maybe she'll announce a 12 am EST release today?

Nemesis_

It's so weird that Interscope, MTV, Vevo and GagaDaily have confirmed that Aura and the lyric video are coming out today, yet not a peep from Gaga herself. She's locked herself in the studio finishing the record but she can still tweet, so not sure if this is still happening. Maybe she'll announce a 12 am EST release today?

Well, Gaga has been very busy.

She looks a tired ass mess in this photo which she took last night

a5695a0e2fce11e386d422000ae91435_7.jpg

Tired as ****. Bout to wrap up ARTPOP. I don't even know where the music ends and I begin. Who cares about anything else if the record is no good. I love ARTPOP. Making this music has really changed my life. Rambling sorry. No sleep.

Apparently she's finally finished the album (this seems like the fourth time now, lol) so maybe she's been burning the candle at both ends.

So far I've listen to a couple of albums in the past two days. I have a bad habit of never listening to anyone's album. I don't know why but I never dig into albums and let the songs eventually come to me...so since Spotify exist and I finally found some use to it I started to break that terrible habit...

....I don't know how much more to express this but Janelle Monae Electric Lady album is a straight bop. Literally, I only didn't like "Dance Apocalyptic". But everything else...Amazing. Great transitions from beginning to end. Beats, Vocals, Complexity, Collabs all on point.

Grade: A++

Basically one of my favorite albums of the year to join AlunaGeorge and Disclosure.

Lord now it make sense why she would be so tired.

iKAz4bCfHrc7y.gif

I hope Rih is not on the album. I think that collab would be worse than Bey. I would just hate to hear Lady Gaga spectacular ArtPop to collab with RatchetPop with Yodelling all over the track. Their voices don't even work together. Lady Gaga is a better feature on Rih's track than Rih would be on a Gaga track tbh.

Cynosure

Aura is already out, and she's still mad

tumblr_mrbiu4cniq1qdmb8eo2_250.gif

gorgeous and so adorable
thank the gods, old and new, she's back

Y3pmC.gif

I hope Rih is not on the album. I think that collab would be worse than Bey. I would just hate to hear Lady Gaga spectacular ArtPop to collab with RatchetPop with Yodelling all over the track. Their voices don't even work together. Lady Gaga is a better feature on Rih's track than Rih would be on a Gaga track tbh.

Their voices might work together a bit better only because Rihanna's voice is more plain pop than R&B, so there might be common ground.

The reason I don't think a Rihanna and Gaga collab would work well though is because Gaga would upstage her HARD. Pretty much anything Rihanna could do on that song or video Gaga could do with ease, and the latter is way more exciting to watch. My opinion though.

Their voices might work together a bit better only because Rihanna's voice is more plain pop than R&B, so there might be common ground.

The reason I don't think a Rihanna and Gaga collab would work well though is because Gaga would upstage her HARD. Pretty much anything Rihanna could do on that song or video Gaga could do with ease, and the latter is way more exciting to watch. My opinion though.

This makes sense. However I highly agree that Gaga would out shine her. Imo, Britney and Rih collab was justified because they balanced each other out. Gaga and Rih? No...I can't feel it. I can't approach it positive because I can't imagine it.

Kyon

Banned
Gaga and Britney Collab is the only one that would make sense and end careers maybe even have a Music Industry shut down

This makes sense. However I highly agree that Gaga would out shine her. Imo, Britney and Rih collab was justified because they balanced each other out. Gaga and Rih? No...I can't feel it. I can't approach it positive because I can't imagine it.

Yeah, Gaga collabs are risky business anyway. With Beyonce for example, even though she's hardly avant-garde or shocking, she does have an authentic/original performance style that's recognizable to everyone, and she retained that through their collaboration. If you don't have a certain niche or character about you then you'll just get drowned out, especially when you're standing next to someone who's super evolved in that department.

Gaga and Britney Collab is the only one that would make sense and end careers maybe even have a Music Industry shut down

That's another Rih and Gaga situation. Britney would get blown out terribly too. Tbh, I think it would be more embarrassing because it will showcase how bad Britney really is compared to the other ladies. She doesn't deserve that right now. She's struggling enough.

A Madonna and Gaga collab would shut down the Music Industry. That would be the biggest unprecedented event that would make the internet explode, and the world might just end.

sarah-connor-nightmare-o.gif

Madonna, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera, Lana Del Rey. All these ladies could collaborate with Gaga and not get sucked into a vortex of redundancy.

Madonna though. Could you even imagine :0

botty

Banned
That's another Rih and Gaga situation. Britney would get blown out terribly too. Tbh, I think it would be more embarrassing because it will showcase how bad Britney really is compared to the other ladies. She doesn't deserve that right now. She's struggling enough.

A Madonna and Gaga collab would shut down the Music Industry. That would be the biggest unprecedented event that would make the internet explode, and the world might just end.

iBj9oIFJdwD6p.gif

fixed your gif and send me your FC.

cory64

And they pushed her so far down in the mix on MATM outside of her solo part sdfhjsdfh
No wonder they limited that stuff to the pre-chorus of 4 MinutesBUT THEY SHOULD HAVE LIMITED THAT SONG TO NOT F*CKING EXISTING [ed. note]

Kyon

Banned

sarah-connor-nightmare-o.gif

No. Quicksand alone is iconic and a great Britney and a Gaga song.

Britney is hot on any track so is Rihanna stop your bullshit. eBey's feature was the most pointless of them all

And they pushed her so far down in the mix on MATM outside of her solo part sdfhjsdfh

What do you mean?

Madonna, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera, Lana Del Rey. All these ladies could collaborate with Gaga and not get sucked into a vortex of redundancy.

Sis.....My brain is exploding just thinking about it. Lana Del Rey with Gaga? Lord...

That Madonna collab tho, I think that collab alone will have everyone on their knees for hiM. Trust.

fixed your gif and send me your FC.

I was looking for that gif too. Thanks! XD! I sent it to you on Twiiter

No. Quicksand alone is iconic and a great Britney and a Gaga song.

Britney is hot on any track so is Rihanna stop your bullshit. eBey's feature was the most pointless of them all

What do you mean?

Britney hot on any track? SMS disagrees. I think that was the most pitchiest Britney collab I have ever heard. In fact, Madonna made Me Against the Music. That song was iconic because Madonna made it hot. I'll give credit to Brit Brit because she MURDERED the dance Collab. Man I miss that Britney.

Rihanna hot on every track? Not if it involves collabing with another women. Rihanna's hottest collab have always been with Hip Hop men opposed to another female vocalist. So tbh, I really don't know how "Hot" Rihanna would be with someone who can obviously show off her flaws.

Bey's collab with Gaga wasn't perfect but it wasn't redundant in a way that she was upstage by her. It was balanced, the problem was there styles did not clash well imo, but the song was far from a flop obviously seeing as it did well on the charts.

Yado

Honestly a Britney and Gaga collab might work well as long as they go the "two icons side by side" route, and not try to outshine each other visually or vocally, coz Gaga would honestly smoke her. But do sort of something similar to MATM or the like (where they're mostly isolated, sort of playing up their iconographies) and I'm sure their audiences would blow up. It seems like Brit and Gaga fans have nothing against each other.

Just have Gaga sing and Britney speak her verses, and we're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom