• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I hope you are all listening to AM by the Arctic Monkeys

Do I Wanna Know? is beyond a bop. A smooth grooving masterpiece, Icant.

Mumei

iHTPIe7wnRQOk.gif

Professor Beef's impact, I see.

Speaking of Mariah...

MUMEI

While I was at the club last night the DJ also played the C&C Club Remix of Anytime You Need a Friend...which is basically 10 minutes of Mariah Carey improvising and, in general, just letting it rip. I mean, she even starts randomly scatting. I'm sure you've heard it. ;)

How could you ever think Beyonce is capable of a similar level of improvisation?

31PNimt.gif

!

Bitch, I am sure I have told you that AYNAF C&C is probably my favorite Mariah track. I'm sure you were just stanning too hard to remember or something. And that scatting section is everything - especially 9:10 through the end and that moment at 9:32 - 9:37 especially. And then the whistles, and more scatting. I remember when I heard it for the first time and I wished she'd do a full song that was just scatting improv. It would be so great. :(

Also, the belts are amazing and tonally she sounds completely different from the very clean sound if the rest of that period (93 - 94).

And no, Beyoncé could never. She can scat, though.

Phreaker

If I heard correctly (might be wrong because my housemates were talking) Nicole Scherzinger just announced that Cher will be performing on the UK X factor (potentially this weekend, not entirely sure)
Will be something to look forward to. Has she done any performances since shes been back?

She performed her new single on David Letterman and he did an interview with her (most ICONIC entrance evah!) just a couple weeks ago. She's actually been doing a lot of promo. Here: Performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYbfycaonY Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf368WpUCjM

And again on Kelly & Michael: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyPmQbg17fQ

And she was on Today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmjibjVWSnQ

Most recent and best performance? at Wetten Dass : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1G_BylwII

All for her new single. She can teach the bitches how to work!

I got my tickets today for her Dressed To Kill Tour, so excited!

ibrm1TZe0InHHi.gif

Diet mountain dew, baby, New York City
Never was there ever a girl so pretty
Do you think we’ll be in love forever
Do you think we’ll be in love

Diet mountain dew, baby, New York City
Can we get it now low, down and gritty
Do you think we’ll be in love forever
Do you think we’ll be in love

isYNyzHMlC3kl.gif

Lana is just... such a Queen.
jbfAlyz9YSoSNV.png

I need a new album from her like now. I can just about imagine the SLAYAGE.

did you even listen to the unreleased stuff i told you about eons ago?

i396axiscwo3u9xx3e.gif
I remember listening to some, but they didn't hold my attention for long. It's annoying having to go to YouTube to listen to songs. It's easier to listen to tracks from the album, since I can easily access them.

Phreaker

Interesting. I always bought the physical CDs, then I started to buy a song here and there. Then I bought Circus and never bought another physical album again. I have often wondered if they were ever different in quality, especially after buying Lotus on iTunes.

3phemeral

Speaking of Mariah...

MUMEI

While I was at the club last night the DJ also played the C&C Club Remix of Anytime You Need a Friend...which is basically 10 minutes of Mariah Carey improvising and, in general, just letting it rip. I mean, she even starts randomly scatting. I'm sure you've heard it. ;)

How could you ever think Beyonce is capable of a similar level of improvisation?

31PNimt.gif

Professor Beef's impact, I see.

!

Bitch, I am sure I have told you that AYNAF C&C is probably my favorite Mariah track. I'm sure you were just stanning too hard to remember or something. And that scatting section is everything - especially 9:10 through the end and that moment at 9:32 - 9:37 especially. And then the whistles, and more scatting. I remember when I heard it for the first time and I wished she'd do a full song that was just scatting improv. It would be so great. :(

Also, the belts are amazing and tonally she sounds completely different from the very clean sound if the rest of that period (93 - 94).

And no, Beyoncé could never. She can scat, though.

Yass @ this stanning for Mariah's impeccable musicality.

iLZAseNaXQRPr.gif

iTunes music is becoming better in quality, while physical discs are getting worse? Ugh, physical discs should always be better. Hopefully, that crap doesn't become a trend, since I highly prefer physical discs.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Interesting. I always bought the physical CDs, then I started to buy a song here and there. Then I bought Circus and never bought another physical album again. I have often wondered if they were ever different in quality, especially after buying Lotus on iTunes.

According to a gaffer, Halcyon Days was mastered better on iTunes than on its physical release. I shed a small tear because I bought the physical copy for once.

Artemisia

Banned
young mariah was so pretty ;( I would have stanned for her.

I guess it's a good thing that she was reincarnated in the form of Ariana Grande, so I'm not missing out.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I be in the club (the club) Standing on the couch (the couch)
In them Wolf Greys (what) Like it's my house (I'm homeee!)
Drinking out the bottle I got no respect (ay)
Looking like a model, who just got a check (change)
I back it up, cause I don't give a fuck (I don't)
If you're a lame, that's a shame you can't hang with us (uh-uh)
I'm MC Hammer fly (fresh), you can't touch (nope)
J's so fly I should work at Flight Club

ibEmeFWyIwSIJ.gif

Bladenic

ibEmeFWyIwSIJ.gif

Stan for the best rap feature of 2013.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

HdeUiJP.jpg

Gross.
LOOK HOW SASSY THE BABY IS

SaintZ

ibEmeFWyIwSIJ.gif
I love this song and video I'm not even ashamed.

Mumei

young mariah was so pretty ;( I would have stanned for her.

I guess it's a good thing that she was reincarnated in the form of Ariana Grande, so I'm not missing out.

Please. Ariana is not in the same class as Mariah. She does not have the lower register, she does not have the middle voice, she does not have the falsetto, she sure as hell does not have the whistles, she does not have the musicianship, she does not have the control, and she does not have her own style or identity.

And please, don't bring up Emotions.

She is not bad vocally, but she is in the same lane as singers like Kelly Clarkson or Leona Lewis - unexceptional instruments, notable flaws in technique, but still do enough things well enough most of the time. She is not in the same lane as singers like Mariah or Whitney, and it's a sign of lowered standards that anyone acts like she's the new Mariah.

Thanks, I wanted to get that out of my system.

Right?!? Lambs have been gunning for #Fighter blood since Reflection.

Well, you should actually be blaming WestVoice for that. I liked Christina for awhile - before I can remember actively looking for stuff of Mariah's to listen to - and it wasn't until I started learning more about vocal-y stuff in the last three or four years and listening more critically that I lost respect from Christina's vocal abilities. I used to just sort of take the conventional wisdom for what it was. I used to think It's A Man's World was a great vocal performance!

3phemeral

She is not bad vocally, but she is in the same lane as singers like Kelly Clarkson or Leona Lewis - unexceptional instruments, notable flaws in technique, but still do enough things well enough most of the time. She is not in the same lane as singers like Mariah or Whitney, and it's a sign of lowered standards that anyone acts like she's the new Mariah.

Thanks, I wanted to get that out of my system.
The thing that a lot of stans of lessors don't seem to get with greats like Whitney and Mariah is they were incredibly gifted not only technically, but could use that technique to their advantage in terms of flexibility, musical variety, improvisational skill, interpretive capability, texture. It's a combination that none of the currents have at all, which is why I find it so weird when they're compared to people who are well below their stature.

Well, you should actually be blaming WestVoice for that. I liked Christina for awhile - before I can remember actively looking for stuff of Mariah's to listen to - and it wasn't until I started learning more about vocal-y stuff in the last three or four years and listening more critically that I lost respect from Christina's vocal abilities. I used to just sort of take the conventional wisdom for what it was. I used to think A Man's World
I wasn't even aware of their being any rally against the Noise of Her Generation until much later. I always assumed that Mariah stans went in on Christina as retaliation for them assuming it was Mariah's fault that Christina got herself kicked out of Miss Mimi's party. Even when there was no information to support either claim other than hearsay, I recall a sudden shift in tension after that point from both sides. it's only worsened since. Prior to that, I recall being one of many Mariah fans who had no trouble conversing with Christina stans.

Mumei

I wasn't even aware of their being any rally against the Noise of Her Generation until much later. I always assumed that Mariah stans went in on Christina as retaliation for them assuming it was Mariah's fault that Christina got herself kicked out of Miss Mimi's party. Even when there was no information to support either claim other than hearsay, I recall a sudden shift in tension after that point from both sides. it's only worsened since. Prior to that, I recall being one of many Mariah fans who had no trouble conversing with Christina stans.

I didn't even know about the birthday party thing until PopGAF!

I find it hilarious how often I see Christina referred to as The Noise these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom