• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Mau ®;86099533 said:
Unconditionally does sound beautiful tho. Am I the only one who hears A LOT of Kelly Clarkson in that song tho?

I'm sure it's gonna be another beyral plague of catchiness that will go #1. It will be next year's "Grenade".
Speaking of which, I really hope The Monster is out in time to be the #1 song by Christmas. The iTunes gift cards, their purchasing power.

unconditionally DOES NOT sound beautiful. she is wailing in that song and it sounds terrible. and the emphasis on all the wrong fucking syllables. christ.

Partition

Banned
unconditionally DOES NOT sound beautiful. she is wailing in that song and it sounds terrible. and the emphasis on all the wrong fucking syllables. christ.

I hope it's the next single like they planned so Gaga can gather her with Vallahnus
eusa_pray.gif

Partition

Banned
Mau ®;86100478 said:
Sis I want VENUS and Gaga to slay Katheryn too but you said the same thing about Applause vs. Roar...

dddddd I know but I don't think I'm being as delusional this time around when I say that. There is a lack of commercial Top 40 quality in Unconditionally, which I at least was able to see in Roar, even if I didn't want to acknowledge it.

cory64

dddddd I know but I don't think I'm being as delusional this time around when I say that. There is a lack of commercial Top 40 quality in Unconditionally, which I at least was able to see in Roar, even if I didn't want to acknowledge it.
But what about Venis?

I feel I should take this moment to let my true feelings about Roar be known.

It is one of the most horrid, vile pieces of formulaic inspirational trash I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. I seriously had a hard time making it through the first verse. And I haven't listened to it since.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

cory64

I feel I should take this moment to let my true feelings about Roar be known.

It is one of the most horrid, vile pieces of formulaic inspirational trash I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. I seriously had a hard time making it through the first verse. And I haven't listened to it since.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif
Some of us don't have line-in in our cars and have had to suffer under its tyranny for months ;_;

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
well that was a snore

Bangerz remains AOTY
so far

Bangerz (bangerz), I be strutting my stuff that stuff that stuff that stuff
Bangerz (bangerz), fucking bangerz (bangerz)
Bangerz (bangerz), I be strutting my stuff that stuff that stuff that stuff
Bangerz (bangerz), I be strutting my stuff

itCLC3AjQEJsD.gif

botty

Banned
Boy, when you're with me
I'd give you a taste
Make it like your birthday (everyday)
I know you like it sweet
So you can have your cake
Give you something good to celebrate

ibiXtZQ96R0XYb.gif

botty

Banned
Prism has good songs (based on snippets):

Walking on Air
Birthday
This Moment
Spiritual

honorary mention: Choose Your Battles for its interesting production.

4/16

Slay a lil bit, katy.

cory64

Prism has good songs (based on snippets):

Walking on Air
Birthday
This Moment
Spiritual

honorary mention: Choose Your Battles for its interesting production.

4/16

Slay a lil bit, katy.

But was there a Phresh Out The Runway for you on PRISM?

Note: 1700 posts left until OT8.

What happened to Katy? For as much shit I've given her over the years, she's usually been good at crafting hooks... but all the choruses here (except Roar and Birthday, it seems) feel so tuneless. They're mostly either a repeated phrase or word (her delivery of Unconditionally is particularly awful and I will hate every moment of its chart reign) or they start out promising but fizzle out unceremoniously (Dark Horse, Double Rainbow... although DR's chorus will obviously be expanded on later in the song). You had ONE job, Katy.

I appreciate the Big Hoops shoutout, tho.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
in case anyone has forgotten Britney also tried to come this era..... if you havent lost interest tho her new album is called Britney Jean

iCdk86qYvyBe8.gif

[insert first of many BJ jokes here]

You want a Bugatti
You want a Maserati
You better work, bitch.

The lyrics take on entirely new shades of meaning. Is Britney the CEO of Blackground Records?

Styles

in case anyone has forgotten Britney also tried to come this era..... if you havent lost interest tho her new album is called Britney Jean

iCdk86qYvyBe8.gif

So the acronym for her self titled eighth album would be BJ?

SCREAMING

What happened to Katy? For as much shit I've given her over the years, she's usually been good at crafting hooks... but all the choruses here (except Roar and Birthday, it seems) feel so tuneless. They're mostly either a repeated phrase or word (her delivery of Unconditionally is particularly awful and I will hate every moment of its chart reign) or they start out promising but fizzle out unceremoniously (Dark Horse, Double Rainbow... although DR's chorus will obviously be expanded on later in the song). You had ONE job, Katy.

I appreciate the Big Hoops shoutout, tho.

Completely agree. TD at least had HUGE infectious hooks.

Birthday sounds really cute.
One thing I like about the snippets is how the production seems to allow the songs to breathe so much. I noticed it first when Roar was released, and Birthday is another one that shows it- because it sounds so much like a Teenage Dream song, it's easy to contrast with the loud, noisy TD singles. It's kind of refreshing for a top 40 album tbh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Prism snippets arent available in the UK.

ibbjuTaNkmecIY.gif

Not sure whether to get the physical release of artpop or just get the itunes.

edit; KIIIIIIIII just remember my dream, where applause just kept rising up on kworb and went #1. I was so happy
What have ya'll done to me

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
My housemate heard the GUY snippet and loved it
Second single please

Nemesis_

Here's a shortened version of the iTunes Prism snippets for those who might not have access to them yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M25ULCpMAI

The whole album just sounds like fucking Teenage Dream :/ I thought Katy not being able to work with Dr Luke would force her to change up her sound, but guess not.

I can't believe Unconditionally is the next single too, there's better choices here IMO.

ibh29wt8s0e4Zq.gif

And before people jump down my throat because they think I don't like Prism's snippets because I stan Gaga - need we remind everyone how most of PopGAF felt about Katy prior to the Prism/ARTPOP eras beginning? Nothing has really changed :/

Matt_

Thanks Nem
Does the sound for roar not work for anyone else in that vid?

Unconditionally sounds completely forgettable

Matt_

In fact the entire album is forgettable. The only snippets that stood out were Legendary Lovers and International Smile and they were just Katy's wheelhouse

Wow, the PRISM snippets suck. The only redeeming part of PRISM so far is the half of Dark Horse that isn't rap. Now I must re-listen to the superior snippet that is G.U.Y..

Matt_

Not a fan of let me go but everything else shes released has been good
I wish all my faves were as prompt as her with singles and videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom