• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

tbf, Rock N Roll flopped horribly that's why this was released so soon. And supposedly this is being marketed as the first single again. Mess. Although if that means 2 more videos/singles this era I don't mind it that much.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Three full singles before the album drops is a bit much, but slay a bit Avril.

I think three is a good number as long as the third single is launched the same time as the album

botty

Banned
"Choose Your Battles" from Prism is going to be so good. So militant for Katy.

I've tried to pick off
Your Red flags
While dancing out on broken glass
Your mind games
Hit like grenades
You curse just like the kennedys
but you somehow get me on my knees
Defeated...

I would pre-order if the rest of the album wasn't so Ke&ha.

iboEs6yg1SLgos.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Go on to facebook and the first post I see is a Miley cyrus one, that facebook thinks I'd like to see because shes posting about a page I like (Britney Spears)
The post was a picture of MIley and her dog
Like wat

3phemeral

I see Britney trying to claim that Baby Jane shine. Speaking of, I recall after she did her set on the VMAs with Nelly performing Tilt Ya Head Back, there was a rumor swirling around her forum about the reason why she got that the BJ name in the first place and it also being the meaning behind the song title.

ibojVsWTgZhnFa.gif

botty

Banned
If I were to cut out 90 second snippets, and thus have both a balanced control and experimental group - we would come to the same conclusion.

ibh29wt8s0e4Zq.gif

Well, it's good to know you enjoy Warrior so much.

iJZ0wdQjIZZ5p.gif

I see Britney trying to claim that Baby Jane shine. Speaking of, I recall after she did her set on the VMAs with Nelly performing Tilt Ya Head Back, there was a rumor swirling around her forum about the reason why she got that the BJ name in the first place and it also being the meaning behind the song title.

ibojVsWTgZhnFa.gif

Why does this little girl keep popping up in people's posts?

Servbot24

Banned
i was gonna say, did prism leak or what

i mean... don't really understand why anyone would even discuss if prism will be better than warrior. are people discussing whether the next rihanna album will be better than daydream? right

xaosslug

Warrior is better than Prism. You will deal and seethe.

Consequently, I feel sorry for all those girls who were forced into spite stanning for Ketamine and her dreary album.

as apposed to those (not unlike yourself) spite slagging it? What kind of fear and loathing? I mean

iQMwYqQnx8IBL.gif

Nemesis_

Well, it's good to know you enjoy Warrior so much.

iJZ0wdQjIZZ5p.gif

I said it was better than Prism. It's not a very high benchmark considering the current state of things.

How is BANGERZ?

iJZ0wdQjIZZ5p.gif

as apposed to those (not unlike yourself) spite slagging it? What kind of fear and loathing? I mean

There is no *o*pposition. We've heard snippets from the album - and it's the same formulaic Dr Luke / Bonnic McKee / Teenage Dream outtakes that we've come to expect from Katy. All her early promotional materials hinted at her shaking up not only her image but to a certain extent her music.

Based on the snippets - she's failed to deliver on that promise.

xaosslug

so, did bangerz flop?

for all she did to raise her profile, sales certainly didn't align w/ how she's (supposedly) the new 'bad bitch' on the block. Looks like she and her team are gonna have to go back to the drawing board to strategize her new, hotter mess.

oop.

iKrnSRSwh2txe.gif

Servbot24

Banned
bangerz was actually not a bad album. by which i mean 5/10. but compared to the despicable lead single you have to consider that a pleasant surprise

boy that g.u.y. clip sounds like just as much of an absolute bore as the prism snippets. we need new pop queens

charli comin y'all

xaosslug

There is no *o*pposition. We've heard snippets from the album - and it's the same formulaic Dr Luke / Bonnic McKee / Teenage Dream outtakes that we've come to expect from Katy. All her early promotional materials hinted at her shaking up not only her image but to a certain extent her music.

Based on the snippets - she's failed to deliver on that promise.

are you kidding? Pretty much ever other stanbase of the current gurls releasing is waiting perCHed and desperately hoping for the worst for Katy. They KNOW it won't happen, so they drag ha for nonsense like 'OMG, this is nothing like she said it would be!' and 'OMG, this sucks worse than _______!' and they say all this NOW, before it releases and drags everything in it's path, but the second it slays the charts bitches will fall in line. LOL

xaosslug

boy that g.u.y. clip sounds like just as much of an absolute bore as the prism snippets.

#tea

gather our sisters and see through their transparencies.

ibi6ulusTF8p8u.gif

Except no one's expecting this album to not slay the charts. You tried.

exactly (that's what I said in my post... mess @ your reading comprehension) - but bitches desperately WANT it to flop, and the hope and prayers are REAL, sis. They will slag it NOW, behind it's back, but when it's out and looking them in the face? They will swoon and faint like the bandwagon stanners they remain.

Nemesis_

are you kidding? Pretty much ever other stanbase of the current gurls releasing is waiting perCHed and desperately hoping for the worst for Katy. They KNOW it won't happen, so they drag ha for nonsense like 'OMG, this is nothing like she said it would be!' and 'OMG, this sucks worse than _______!' and they say all this NOW, before it releases and drags everything in it's path, but the second it slays the charts bitches fall in line. LOL

Nobody is disputing it's commercial performance.

I guess not all of us just like to read :eli:

Majmun

ET still remains the best Perra song, followed by.......Dark Horse

The local club played Dark Horse last saturday night and I was getting kinda semi-slain by the song...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I feel I should take this moment to let my true feelings about Roar be known.

It is one of the most horrid, vile pieces of formulaic inspirational trash I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. I seriously had a hard time making it through the first verse. And I haven't listened to it since.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

It's too bad the rest of the listening public didn't feel the same as you or it wouldn't have so thoroughly steamrolled Applause
iPBRapFyWrjIf.png

Partition

Banned
No doubt Prism will push some numbers, but it looks like Perra will remain Grammy-less
kszb8.gif

And yes, I enjoyed Warrior more than these snippets, and I thought that album was bad too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I feel sick. Something is wrong. Something is terribly wrong. A deep shame. I keep listening to Beyoncé.

Matt_

Wow Prism sounds a lot like TD. Every single song I've heard so far can be a number one hit honestly.

Jeez Katy.

Really? Not one of them seems catchy to me, don't see the hit potential like TD had

Really? Not one of them seems catchy to me, don't see the hit potential like TD had

It kinda falls apart in the second half but the first half is full of radio bait.

I do kind of find her formulaic song structures off-putting though. I can guess what's gonna come next before I hear it. Most of the songs start blending together too after a while.

So not really a fan, but it's obvious she's looking to match TD's accessibility, and she might do it.

Wow Prism sounds a lot like TD. Every single song I've heard so far can be a number one hit honestly.

Jeez Katy.

Stan sis

icJ219GF4Cbi7.gif

Future #1 singles:

Legendary Lovers
Birthday
Unconditionally
This Is How We Do
International Smile
Double Rainbow
Spiritual
Choose You Battles

I may have missed 4 or 5.

Trigger

I'd get rid of This is How We Do on that list. It didn't really grab me, but yeah Prism is straight radio bait (in a good way). I appreciate that nothing on it sounds too similar to what I'm currently hearing on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom