• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why hasn't Gaga put Aura on itunes? Just missing out on those coins

Edit; Will there be an ot for venus too?

POP MUSIC EMERGENCY

Kelly Clarkson's White Christmas is now on YouTube, and it sounds wonderful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtCM5SyGAg

Stan for the Queen of Christmas.
Her voice

ibuuZ9zdwqRTJ0.GIF

Not here for this song though. Where is Under the Tree, the alleged All I Want For Christmas Is You-killer?
ii7sSxiuMh3so.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Ashanti
Azealia Banks
Iggy Azealia
Katy B
Lily Allen
Sia
Adele
Solange

That's from the top of my head.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Speaking of the holidays

http://www.eonline.com/news/470180/lady-gaga-and-the-muppets-team-up-for-holiday-tv-special

Lady Gaga is teaming up with the Muppets again!

I can exclusively reveal that the "Applause" superstar and the famous puppets recently shot a television holiday special together for ABC.

Details are being kept under wraps (and we certainly wouldn't want to spoil any of the surprises for you!), but I'm told the colorful production took place in Los Angeles.

I guess after the success of her Thanksgiving special ABC wanted her back

ij9r2o00vXLBL.gif

_____

We will also be hearing another snippet this Thursday

pvDPnQD.png

iJZ0wdQjIZZ5p.gif

Bladenic

JT -79%

Welp

That's a decent start for Miley, though obviously nowhere near the start that her media frenzy would have possibly lead many to conclude. On the other hand she almost tripled the start of the immigrant and the demon, so she remains the HBIC of Disney.

New ARTPOP snippet on Thursday, another one next Monday, then Venus next Friday, lyrics every day until November 11th, and most likely an album leak on the 4th.....

I have a feeling I'm gonna get to know ARTPOP well before it's supposed to come out. Not sure I like that. Lol

JT -79%

Welp

That's a decent start for Miley, though obviously nowhere near the start that her media frenzy would have possibly lead many to conclude. On the other hand she almost tripled the start of the immigrant and the demon, so she remains the HBIC of Disney.

Yeah, JT is flopping. Massive drop considering how poor his first week sales were compared to part one.

He is going to struggle mightily to ever reach platinum.

Edit: Oh....and Emblem 3 sold more their first week than Cassadee Pope.

3phemeral

Yeah, JT is flopping. Massive drop considering how poor his first week sales were compared to part one.

He is going to struggle mightily to ever reach platinum.

Edit: Oh....and Emblem 3 sold more their first week than Cassadee Pope.

Well deserved. I don't know about the general public, but all of this seemingly universal JT fellating over his "legendary" status turned me off quite a bit, especially with the sonic thud that was 20/20
i86vFfYUjGmtw.png

Bladenic

I think it's clear now that 20/06 sold so well because of the "return" factor as well as millions spent on marketing. While 07 didn't get nearly the same amount of promo, you'd think it would have still sold better if people actually liked 06, not to mention stuff like VMAs.

The public gets stuff right every now and again.

Poor Kesha and Xtina though, their careers sacrificed so JT could get some airplay (which didn't even help him sell many singles).

Trigger

Volume 2 was a rushed released. He should've sat on it longer and fleshed it out more. I'm not sure why he thought it was good idea to release it so soon.

Bladenic

Volume 2 was a rushed released. He should've sat on it longer and fleshed it out more. I'm not sure why he thought it was good idea to release it so soon.

Because his entire comeback was a rushed release. The entire dual set was recorded in ~20 days. While I suppose that factor could be considered a positive for 06, it shows that 07 was nothing but outtakes and Z-sides.

royalan

Actually, last time I checked, the music in Part 2 is actually from the same recording sessions as the first 20/20 Experience.

This really is a great exercise in showing just how easily susceptible to hype "professional reviewers" are. It's funny reading reviews for Part 2, because a lot of them are criticizing the VERY things that were praised about Part 1. Oh, so now the bland production, lazy vocals, corny lyrics and 8-minute running-times are a problem? Why weren't they a problem the first time? They should have been. Not only is Part 2 in the same style as Part 1, but they're from the SAME RECORDING SESSIONS. The music is as identical as it can get.

So Part 2 is a nosedive in quality from Part 1, but what's really different here?

Hype and payola, that's what.

Trigger

Because his entire comeback was a rushed release. The entire dual set was recorded in ~20 days. While I suppose that factor could be considered a positive for 06, it shows that 07 was nothing but outtakes and Z-sides.

Well, I suppose it could have been worse.

isxsaIQ2BLLwH.jpg

TRACKLIST
Birth Of An Empire
Until The Stars Collide
Runaway Daydreamer
The Deer & The Wolf
Young Blood
Interlude
13 Little Dolls
Wrong Side of the Sun
Love Is Q Camera
Cry To The Beat Of The Band
When The Storm Has Blown Over

January 20th, 2014.
tumblr_mteifcz9Lg1regekno1_400.gif

Perched.

The Young Blood demo she released a while ago is life giving. Make a Scene is a fantastic album. And this trailer is giving me everything.

Slay moderately, Sophie.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Perched.

The Young Blood demo she released a while ago is life giving. Make a Scene is a fantastic album. And this trailer is giving me everything.

Slay moderately, Sophie.

I want longer snippets. The trailer left me wanting for more.

Her voice... so... beautiful
52b0f867.gif

Artemisia

Banned
It's funny reading reviews for Part 2, because a lot of them are criticizing the VERY things that were praised about Part 1. Oh, so now the bland production, lazy vocals, corny lyrics and 8-minute running-times are a problem? Why weren't they a problem the first time? They should have been.

This is what so perplexing about the Pitchfork review. It's not like the production wasn't dull on Part 1. It's not like the songs weren't obnoxiously long, and didn't make use of their length well. It's not like the lyrics and themes on Part 1 weren't clichéd and eye roll inducing at times. There isn't that much of a difference between the albums. I bet the reception for part 2 would have been better if it was the leading album.

The hype of JT's return really did cloud people's judgments, you're absolutely right.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Actually, last time I checked, the music in Part 2 is actually from the same recording sessions as the first 20/20 Experience.

This really is a great exercise in showing just how easily susceptible to hype "professional reviewers" are. It's funny reading reviews for Part 2, because a lot of them are criticizing the VERY things that were praised about Part 1. Oh, so now the bland production, lazy vocals, corny lyrics and 8-minute running-times are a problem? Why weren't they a problem the first time? They should have been. Not only is Part 2 in the same style as Part 1, but they're from the SAME RECORDING SESSIONS. The music is as identical as it can get.

So Part 2 is a nosedive in quality from Part 1, but what's really different here?

Hype and payola, that's what.

So where was Blurred Lines pt. 1 to explain the crap reviews for that?
cat_zpsa5a1f50a.png

Artemisia

Banned
BANGERZ sold more first week than any Rihanna album ever. How pathetic.

Rihanna is such a flop bitch. Completely devoid of star power, can't sing, can't dance, can't write, and now her leftovers that other artists take are outperforming her own music.

Hopefully this is a sign that a cure for the Bajan venereal disease that has racked the earth for the past 8 years is imminent. Yall shade 2013, but it was a blessed year if only for the lack of new Rihanna music.

ibs5DOgxcGCnkd.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Rihanna is such a flop bitch. Completely devoid of star power, can't sing, can't dance, can't write, and now her leftovers that other artists take are outperforming her own music.

Hopefully this is a sign that a cure for the Bajan venereal disease that has racked the earth for the past 8 years is imminent. Yall shade 2013, but it was a blessed year if only for the lack of new Rihanna music.

ibs5DOgxcGCnkd.gif

this post makes me feel..... things, good things

iqlZ65xgqyd2C.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

ibs5DOgxcGCnkd.gif

iQIPp9Aldh3Km.gif

THIS ACTUAL SCALPING THOUGH

royalan

ibs5DOgxcGCnkd.gif

Now let's just see if Miley can do it 6 more times, ok?

ibs5DOgxcGCnkd.gif

I was miles off Miley's actual numbers. Think I predicted 410k.

You overestimated the number of people who actually give any shits about her sub-par music and those who are only interested in her for her Rebecca Black level of awful.

The latter obviously greatly outnumbers the former. And the receipts prove it.

ibs5DOgxcGCnkd.gif

Trigger

ieNGfo5lb2859.gif

You overestimated the number of people who actually give any shits about her sub-par music and those who are only interested in her for her Rebecca Black level of awful.

The latter obviously greatly outnumbers the former. And the receipts prove it.

Go in

royalan

Kiiii at people thinking 270k isn't impressive considering the dismal first week numbers most pop acts have been putting up this past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom