• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
A total boPP

tumblr_muu1r3u75D1qdtuqno2_250.gif

this gif tho. so good.

Damn. Consider me officially checking for Gaga at this point. (It always takes me so long to listen to the big pop acts... but I get there eventually, haha.)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Do What U Want is so effortlesly catchy. What a great build to that chorus.

Also - I can not stop laughing at this audio from Britney's microphone. When Lucky came on I almost died. Not that you'd expect her to sing properly when dancing around - but it's still hysterical.

cory64

actually wait
this is
S L A Y I N G
me

should just be her real second single
just send me to a club with this playing right now

#12.

Y'all need to keep it cute with Venus. I feel it will raise sea levels from all the gushing bussies.

Venus has Pokerface/Just Dance potential though if that bridge is anything to go by. It sounds like it's gonna be EPIC.

Applause and DWUW are #10 and #12 right now. Slay

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Watch her cancel Venus and make this a single when it accidentally becomes a hit. Venus is Judas 2.0 confirmed

tumblr_mc7z6myZ1a1rosb88o2_r1_500.gif

I wouldnt mind, I mean TEOG was probably just going to be a promo single if Judas had not flopped. Interscope needs to do better.

Venus makes me think it will be loud and obnoxious compared to DWUW
tumblr_mutm17QM9z1qcqqpjo6_r1_250.gif

Nemesis_

When did we get the G.U.Y. snippet? Aren't we due for another?

Aren't they already filming the video for Venus tho?

She was filming something in Los Angeles recently. We assumed it's the Venus video but we have no confirmation on what it was.

Some pathetic mess wrote up a three page thing about his "visit" to the "set" of the video but it's obviously fake.

Koodo

Banned
The ARTPOP snippets and released tracks have been an embarrassing exposé on the issues with PRISM. Katy her mediocrity abolishing what could have been a cute album. Gaga her power taking amazing tracks to ICONIC heights. It's hard to give a second of time to phoned-in material after listening to Gaga and her urinal feature enunciate with so much passion.

cory64

The ARTPOP snippets and released tracks have been an embarrassing exposé on the issues with PRISM. Katy her mediocrity abolishing what could have been a cute album. Gaga her power taking amazing tracks to ICONIC heights. It's hard to give a second of time to phoned-in material after listening to Gaga and her urinal feature enunciate with so much passion.

Exactly, it's not that PRISM is *bad*, Katy is just [i n c a p a b l e] of thrusting some massive LIFE into any of the tracks on there like my queens Gaga and Rihanna can.

like as if being better than prism is some great feat. if gaga can deliver an ELECTRIC LADY quality album, i will surrender my soul to the house of stefani. please slay me.

this song is pretty not bad

royalan

I give it a solid B.

Lady Gaga sounds great, and I love the chorus, but the song doesn't really go anywhere. And I'm disappointed in R-Kelly. I thought he'd be more of an asset to the song...but he just ended up being a distraction.

Still, not bad. I'll use it.

cory64

I am sure Katy will be able to thrust some life into her music when she performs it live next.

il7urNfMAZARY.gif

edit: I have been INSPIRED to compose part II of this

the scripture is as follows:
And she was very charitable, giving features to a convicted thief and an individual with bladder control issues.
The end.

Artemisia

Banned

But the other side of the coin is that PRISM is exposing Gaga her inability to write a good hook anymore. Is the DWUW chorus supposed to be catchy? I don't get it. The prechorus to applause is the only thing on ARTPOP that really wowed me.

LOL to anyone who thought Gaga was done. SHE'S JUST BEGINNING.

YOU CAN'T HAVE MY HEART
AND
YOU WON'T USE MY MIND
BUT
DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH MY BODY
YOU CAN'T STOP MY VOICE
CAUSE YOU DON'T OWN MY LIFE
BUT

I'm being transported right now.

3phemeral

I can't access iTunes as it's crashing when I get to the store, but thankfully there's a Youtube link.

It does remind me a little bit of So Happy God Could Die, but only for a moment at the intro. I love that she's doing runs in the beginning. It's a bit odd because I expect these kinds of elements to be full of warmth, but it has this harsh, cold, dry quality to it that's a little jarring concerning the subject of the song. But I suppose it's something intentional considering how she grinds her vocals for pretty much the rest of the track
edit: (and in retrospect, it's appropriate for the subject matter because it's not a love song).

I haven't decided how I feel about his section of the song, but I love how the songs jumps off.

A solid Bop: A-

iGFSDy4KVmMMT.png

You know Katy is a threat when the monsters have to create their own narrative to defend their declining fave.

We'll talk when fARTPOoP matches the brilliance of Album of the Year PRISM.

Kyon

Banned
PRISM is a good album. All the girls are delivering. Cleansing us of the dry season and void we had to ensure last year and first half of this year minus Lana who carried it all by herself and for me personally Brandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom