• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Spiritual>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DWUW

I keep forgetting I was banned when PRISM was out. Ok so these are my faves

Legendary Lovers (omfg I can't stop listening to this)

Birthday (TGIF sequel, this will def be a single)

International Smile (YAS)

This is How we Do (so urban ;_;)

Ghost( love love)

Double Rainbow (this is just ;_;)

Spiritual( my #1 fave. It reminds me of Alanis Morissette does it for anyone else? I love everything about it)

Choose your battles( YAS)

Artemisia

Banned
What does it say about Azealia that Gaga would rather work with a felon and someone who allegedly pissed on a underage girl
ahh.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
What does it say about Azealia that Gaga would rather work with a felon and someone who allegedly pissed on a underage girl
ahh.gif

I think you meant to say: What does it say about Gaga that she would rather work with a felon and someone who allegedly pissed on a underage girl than Azealia

iF4dNZIbHY6IG.gif

Oozer3993

Mau ®;86813098 said:
Taylor's Sweeter than fiction is on iTunes.

Gaga and Beiber officially cockblocked.

tumblr_mkxznhXELZ1rcqrapo1_400_large.gif

Taylor singing along to the incomparable Stevie Wonder. Forever the cutest gif.

Sweeter Than Fiction is the greatest 80s song that wasn't actually released in the 80s.

Kyon

Banned
Why you tryin to make me your enemy,

all you really need is a little peace,

I just wanna be your looooooooooooover,

oh this is not a competition,
so baby we're the ammunition,

I don't wanna be the last one staaaaaaaanding

preach.gif

I give it a solid B.

Lady Gaga sounds great, and I love the chorus, but the song doesn't really go anywhere. And I'm disappointed in R-Kelly. I thought he'd be more of an asset to the song...but he just ended up being a distraction.

Still, not bad. I'll use it.

I agree with this..

My grade would be like..

Beat: A++
Vocals:B
Transition: B
Flow: C
Lyrics: B+

Sounds like a solid B. There's some parts of the song that do it for me but I couldn't help but to keep thinking she should of waited just a few more seconds to say that line. It almost felt like both her and him were off beat a little. I couldn't stop hearing it... The beat ultimately saved the song for me. R. Kelly is well... Okay. I guess he makes sense..

Sorry I haven't been posting a lot guys. For some reason mobile games keeps throwing up error messages and every time I attempt to comment it disappears, shows me the thread disappears and I have to refresh 10x just to get it back.. Idkwtf is going on

xaosslug

oh, I paid it the dust it deserves. THE moment of the song is R. Kelly's 'and we lay in the cut like we don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuck!'

ibb6g7vMQu8vef.gif

xaosslug

you guys are on a high, rn - y'all always do this. a couple of weeks from now you'll be dragging this song to the pits. smh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But the other side of the coin is that PRISM is exposing Gaga her inability to write a good hook anymore. Is the DWUW chorus supposed to be catchy? I don't get it. The prechorus to applause is the only thing on ARTPOP that really wowed me.
Serve up that steaming jasmine chai

Nemesis_

I'm wondering if the Beats advertisement had an impact - I know a lot of us seemed to have seen it before the song hit both intentionally on YouTube as well as during ad breaks on television.

I assume it did.

I guess in terms of Gaga though, it's quite accessible and there's less obtuse lyrics than something like Applause.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH MY BODY

Honestly I wasn't expecting much considering I wasn't too keen on the snippet, but she done took me to church

iiUrTl8wFUA2G.gif

Nemesis_

Gaga has been serving lots of video game teas lately, I've noticed.

Applause served up Sega Genesis realness

G.U.Y. is serving oriental Mortal Kombat arena realness

and Do What U Want is serving up Delfino Plaza realness.

What will be next?

Peru

Walking on Air is the only great track on Prism. Shame. Walkover for Gags and Britters. My main man Max Martin needs to find more swedes to co-work with.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
If the ??? kworb update holds true, Gaga will have snatched every follicle

Phreaker

Sweeter Than Fiction is the greatest 80s song that wasn't actually released in the 80s.

Right? Sounds like Debbie Gibson song.

Loving DWUW! Still haven't heard PRISM. I guess I'll just listen to it fresh tomorrow, like the old days before leaks and the Internet.

Apple are using Goldfrapp's legendary grind anthem 'Ooh La La' for the iPhone 5S gold ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYsSiaBZmRk

How many commercials has this song been used in? Anyway, get it Goldgrapp

Kyon

Banned
Kworb is glitching or something because on iTunes JB already over took Lorde a while ago yet on Kworb it says Lorde is still #2

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
just heard Do What U Want

the beat is good (a little derivative of college, kavinsky, etc.)

as arte already pointed out, the best bit of the song is gaga's intro. the 'do what u want do what u want' bit is okay. then the melody falls to pieces.

singing's good though i guess.

[edit] omg i knew there was a song it sounded almost exactly like. the instrumental is pretty much a total rip of 'digital versicolor' by glass candy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlJcJT8xOc

[edit2]goddamn, PRISM is absolutely punching. legendary lovers is my new jam.

Styles

5. Taylor Swift - Sweeter Than Fiction (From "One Chance" Soundtrack)

What a sight, what a sight when the light came on
Proved me right, proved me right when you proved them wrong

isqjKyFcYKAkW.gif

Edit:

4. Taylor Swift - Sweeter Than Fiction (From "One Chance" Soundtrack)

isqjKyFcYKAkW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom